Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

It is time for the final proper NOAH show of the year (there are still those upcoming produce shows), and this one should be a scorcher.

most of the match fluff shamelessly stolen from NOAH'S ARKIVE.

Hajime Ohara vs Yasutaka Yano

Rookie Yano is gunning for a W, but can he overcome the 16 year vet Ohara?

Kongoh (Katsuhiko Nakajima, Masa Kitamiya & Manabu Soya) vs The Anti Wrestlers Alliance (Akitoshi Saito & Masao Inoue) & Masashi Aoyagi

Katsuhiko Nakajima gave a big thumbs up to this match on his social media. If there is one thing that Nakajima loves, its irritating his seniors, and stamping on the gouty feet of Masao Inoue. Expect an Akitoshi Saito vs Masa Kitamiya or Manabu Soya screaming shoulder tackle fight.

STINGER (Yoshinari Ogawa & HAYATA) vs MOMO NO SEISHUN (Atsushi Kotoge & Junta Miyawaki)

The last time they met, Miyawaki was kept out of the ring and Kotoge had to fight by himself. In the end HAYATA beat him with the belt and lost by disqualification. Kotoge, who lost the belt to Ogawa and HAYATA, cannot afford to get stuck in a rut.

Go Shiozaki & Kinya Okada vs Shuhei Taniguchi & Mohammed Yone

Listen, we had to have Shiozaki on this card - thankfully it's not the main event, so he can at least try not to get into a hellish fight again. On the other hand Taniguchi did lose to Mutoh, so he might be out to prove something.

Kotaro Suzuki vs Susumu

After being expelled from STINGER, Kotaro bought in Sarubahe de Oriente as a partner to take on Ogawa & HAYATA. However, Kotaro's blueprint for taking the tag belts, was destroyed by the betrayal of Oriente. Exposing his true identity, Susumu took off his mask and joined STINGER. Will this be a grudge match for the angry Kotaro? Or will further upheaval occur?

Naomichi Marufuji & FULL THROTTLE (Seiki Yoshioka & YO-HEY) vs Kongoh (Kenoh, Haoh and Nioh)

RIP Marufuji & the FULL THROTTLE dweebs, it's Kenoh with a chip on his shoulder, fresh off a win against Sakuraba. (Kenoh is especially angry as he has been called something along the lines of a "uniform wrestler" or one that does not stand out. I think it was The Sugiura Army who made the comment, but no doubt Kenoh will take it out on Marufuji.)

GHC JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Daisuke Harada (c) vs Tadasuke

This is the champion's first defense. Tadasuke betrayed Harada in August, and left RATELS and entered Kongoh.

GHC HEAVYWEIGHT TAG
The Sugiura Army (Takashi Sugiura & Kazushi Sakuraba) (c) vs Yoshiki Inamura & Kaito Kiyomiya

This is the third defense for the champions. On the December 6th show in Yoyogi, both Sugiura and Sakuraba failed to win single titles - they cannot afford to lose the tag team championship here ahead of the Sugiura Army box office. In contrast, Inamura decided to leave Kongoh and make a tag with Kiyomiya. In Yoyogi, he defeated the M'S Alliance by his explosive new technique, "Musuo", in his tag with Kiyomiya. Will Sugiura, who is heading into his 20th anniversary, brush him off? Will this be Inamura's first championship?

Show starts in ~10 minutes, the Wrestle Universe stream is already up. Come watch NOAH if you're up.

https://www.ddtpro.com/universe/videos/9274

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Dec 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Oh cool, nice to see there's a thread for this.

Interested to see how Yuya Susumu holds up his end against Suzuki, and the tag title match should slap. Also the 2 Kongo 6 man tags should be fun, Nak vs oldies is gold, Kenoh being an angry prick is always the best.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

First live Noah show I've been awake for. Morning all.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

So is Yano the Noah equivalent of a young lion, or do things work differently in Noah?

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I'm on the west coast, so a midnight show is something I always enjoy. Plus I just kicked off my scheduled vacation, so gently caress yes let's celebrate with some puro.

Lamuella posted:

So is Yano the Noah equivalent of a young lion, or do things work differently in Noah?

AFAIK, it's pretty much that.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

He's not bad, and his body slam was nicely done, but I really need to see him lay in those strikes a bit more.

Ooh, that was a neat submission.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Yes, he's only been active for about 6 weeks so he is very green.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

IT'S MY 3 PURO UNCLES

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Time for wrestledads vs a punk kid and his two big friends.

Even as a newcomer, Nakajima really feels like something special.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Look at that lovely cheeky grin from Nakajima at getting to beat up an old man

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Saito had enough of your poo poo.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Yoshinari Ogawa's entrance gear makes him look like one of the old goths who hang around in front of Leeds Corn Exchange.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ahhh, NOAH Juniors.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

NOSAWA you piece of poo poo, you robbed me of quality Ogawa time.

Edit: "Boogie Wonderland" is a quality theme.

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Dec 19, 2020

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Starship Funk just landed, lads.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I do appreciate the way Go Shiozaki chops people like he's trying to put his hand directly through their chest.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I don't know how to describe NOAH Juniors except "it is what it is"

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Well, I guess this rhymes with the match 3 fuckery.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

LOL DQ then restart as a 3 way into another DQ.

The Junior division is so messy. But you can't say it's boring

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Ah, Kongoh, the faction you can only join if your name ends in -oh

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1340222839744544768?s=20

He's not wrong

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I thought this was tomorrow so I was out food shopping, sounds like Kotaro/Susumu is worth going back for

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Loving those Kenoh / Marufuji exchanges.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Yo-Hey should do a Scott Hall gimmick.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Very much looking forward to this match. Harada is my second favourite Jr behind El Desperado, and Tadasuke is such a loveable sleezeball

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Continually distracted by how full Tadasuke's lips are.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Lamuella posted:

Yo-Hey should do a Scott Hall gimmick.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Think that exceeded my expectations, good little match. Nothing blow away but very solid & Tadasuke impressed

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That Lariat counter was awesome

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Inamura is going to win a title tonight because Kongoh were always holding him back

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

What I like most about Sakuraba is that he looks like this unassuming dude, but he can still take your limb whenever he feels like it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

J-Ro posted:

What I like most about Sakuraba is that he looks like this unassuming dude, but he can still take your limb whenever he feels like it.

He's got a very "who, me?" face even as he's murdering people.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Real good showing from Inamura, I thought he might actually have it after the guillotine fakeout

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Yeah, Inamura's really growing on me. This was a fun main.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Decent show. Hadn't seen any of the smaller Noah ones until now. Lots to like here.