Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
Do you remember old CRT screens? I imagine you do. If you were anything like me, you used to wait (maybe even set an alarm) for that glorious 30 minute mark. Because that's when you could degauss again for a real big FIREWORK explosion. 10 minutes scratched that itch but man, 30 minutes was when poo poo got interesting. Longer was better. I'd leave my screen on all night so I could get a proper "THUMP" that you could see and feel in the morning. Psychedelics can do the same for your brain.

I guess what I'm asking is: have you tried LSD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos

Robo Reagan posted:

i never actually degaussed. i didnt know it was a thing until well after lcds were popular.

my grandpa and i dumped hundreds of hours in to Doom 2 and Baldurs Gate and never noticed any change so idk maybe we had some fancy model that degaussed its self

You didn't have to do it very often and a big part of the "thrumb" of a CRT monitor setting up was a degaussing. But it was a cool thing to see and I miss it. To me that's real computer poo poo. A C:\ and a loud THRUUUMB

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
lol if you don't believe in quantum immortality. even cowards live forever. try not to make all futures including you futures where you are an invalid of some sort.