Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Hey folks! A little while ago we ran a contest where people could design new BSS gang tags. The three most popular tags ended up making the cut, and now that they've been installed on the Something Awful servers they're ready to be used.

So, would you like one of them? Well I sure hope so, otherwise we went through all that effort for nothing! Here are three new gang tags that you can get:

Man-Thing by Random Stranger

Calvin & Hobbes by Squizzle

In Colour by Lurdiak

You can pick up to two of these to be added underneath your avatar. Do note that two gang tags is the soft maximum put in place by the admins, so if you already have a gang tag (or two) you might have to tell me which one you want to get rid of in place of these new ones.

I originally wanted to make a charity drive out of these tags. I was going to ask people to donate to their local/regional/national food bank to get the tags, but I don't think that's an appropriate thing to do right now. A lot of people are struggling financially because of COVID-19 lockdowns, so we're going to do a simple giveaway instead. That said, if you want to donate to the food bank anyway (and maybe post a receipt in this thread!) you'll have my eternal grattitude! :glomp:

Lastly, if you are planning to buy new avatars then you can add these gang tags yourself! Simply copy the URL from the images above and put them at the bottom of your avatar text to add them.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Dec 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Give me my tag please. Put it above the space buddies.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Calvin and hobbes please, on top of thundercuties

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Obviously I've got to brag about my Giant Sized Man Thing.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Gotta giant size my man thing, dump it right on top of thai cusine

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Giant-Size Man Thing for me, please, above Iron Man Chef.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Man thing on top of I want nothing, please

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

In Color por favor y gracias

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

In Color!

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

please insert the giant size man thing tia

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Could I get an In Color, please and thank you?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I would like a Giant Size Man-Thing above Sluggo is Lit please. Thank you!

Andrew_Jackson5
Jan 9, 2015

what a web sight

I pretty rarely post here but if you replaced my hobocops tag with the "in color" tag that would be "swell"

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
down for an in color!

e: suhweet

thankssssss!!!!!!!!

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 21, 2020

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
I'd like a giant sized man-thing, to go with less than average sized one I already have. :smith:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

"Please add a Giant-Size Man-Thing under my 2020 label," says I, trusting that I will receive the proper gang tag and not a picture of a literal giant-size man thing.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

ConfusedUs posted:

"Please add a Giant-Size Man-Thing under my 2020 label," says I, trusting that I will receive the proper gang tag and not a picture of a literal giant-size man thing.

No promises!

I'll keep this thread open for a week, by the way. So if anyone needs some time to decide on which tag(s) they want, keep that in mind!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Calvin & Hobbes, please and thank you.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
One In Color tag beneath my Sluggo one, with a line break between them if possible, please!

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Calvin and Hobbs me please, below POLICE WILL NEVER HELP YOU.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I would very much like a man thing. Please and thank you.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

RevKrule posted:

I would very much like a man thing. Please and thank you.

Your avatar is so old that it still uses the old BBcode and I had to change the code to make it show up properly with the new tag. Wild! :corsair:

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Calvin & Hobbes below Sluggull please and thank you!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Can I have Calvin & Hobbes instead of Triangulo de la muerte please. Thanks!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jordan7hm posted:

Can I have Calvin & Hobbes instead of Triangulo de la muerte please. Thanks!

Thank you for keeping #JoinDarkOrder

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Endless Mike posted:

Thank you for keeping #JoinDarkOrder

Gotta rep my local Ottawa boys.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

JordanKai posted:

Your avatar is so old that it still uses the old BBcode and I had to change the code to make it show up properly with the new tag. Wild! :corsair:

Haha! Yeah, my av is like old enough to drive. Thanks for the update and addition.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

JordanKai posted:

No promises!

I'll keep this thread open for a week, by the way. So if anyone needs some time to decide on which tag(s) they want, keep that in mind!

Thank you for giving me the correct tag.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

JordanKai posted:

Wait. Has the code changed so that we can have more text? The rhyme under Etrigan was supposed to be longer but the last two(?) lines would cut off due to the limit.

EDIT: There's a reason I don't tend to get rid of old data. I found the original text in a PM exchange with OMGWTFBBQ where we tried to work it so it would fit, but it kept getting truncated. Looking at it, I've had this avatar for 15 years. Looking at further PMs in that thread an attempted revision to the "hoochies" line was "Groove to the demonic choir!" which is way better.

quote:

Dance, dance, O form of man,
Dig the sound forever damned!
Free the beat with speakers' fire,
Groove wit' hoochies who ne'er tire!
Gone, gone, O honky man,

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Dec 22, 2020

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

ManiacClown posted:

Wait. Has the code changed so that we can have more text? The rhyme under Etrigan was supposed to be longer but the last two(?) lines would cut off due to the limit.

Nothing so interesting, unfortunately. Avatars (apparently) used to be hardcoded in HTML instead of using the subcode for the forums itself. Apparently if you try to use HTML for avatars now it doesn't work, even though the avatars that were bought in the HTML-times still work. It's a mystery!

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Could I get Giant Size Man-Thing above Gonk? Thanks!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Napoleon Nelson posted:

Could I get Giant Size Man-Thing above Gonk? Thanks!

I didn't know there was a gonk droid tag and now I want a gonk droid tag. :sweatdrop: I don't want to get rid of either of my other tags, though!

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

JordanKai posted:

I didn't know there was a gonk droid tag and now I want a gonk droid tag. :sweatdrop: I don't want to get rid of either of my other tags, though!

It's the eternal struggle.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

JordanKai posted:

Oh man. That Gonk is amazing. Is that an option? I would 100% rather have a Gonk than a Giant-Sized Man-Thing.

But either way, I'm happy!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I sure would like a giant sized man thing tag

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ManiacClown posted:

EDIT: There's a reason I don't tend to get rid of old data. I found the original text in a PM exchange with OMGWTFBBQ where we tried to work it so it would fit, but it kept getting truncated. Looking at it, I've had this avatar for 15 years. Looking at further PMs in that thread an attempted revision to the "hoochies" line was "Groove to the demonic choir!" which is way better.

that should fit easily inside the current character limits. there is a poster in cspam who has a healthy chunk of the lyrics to toto’s africa as their usertitle, and i know that if you forgo other text you can fit 11±1 gang-tag urls in the character limit in most cases

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

JordanKai posted:

if you use [marquee] tags and put all of the gang-tags inside the [marquee] in one row w/o line-breaks, you can fit more tags in a scrolling form w/o making the username/av/title pane taller than usual

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Squizzle posted:

if you use [marquee] tags and put all of the gang-tags inside the [marquee] in one row w/o line-breaks, you can fit more tags in a scrolling form w/o making the username/av/title pane taller than usual

This is wonderful news. I would also like to have the gonk droid.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

If I could get In Color below my current tag that would be fantastic, please and thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I don't think it's within my jurisdiction to give people tags from other subforums. Sorry folks! :(