Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

The MrBeast Burger's Beast Style burger features 2 or 3 smashed crispy beef patties with house seasoning, sharp American cheese, pickles, diced onion, mayo, ketchup and brown mustard on a soft roll. How is this allowed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Insane that we as a species have walked out of the oceans, domesiticated lifestock, invented electricity and beer, navigated the streams and rivers of the world, cured Corona. And yet some still mix ketchup, mayo and mustard on a burger.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

what if they left out the mayo and just mixed ketchup and mustard?

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Ketchup, eh? I've never heard of Mister Beast Burger. Do they cater exclusively to children and the mentally handicapped?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

mm "crispy" beef patties. love my beef to have the snap of a saltine when i bite into a burger

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Jenny Agutter posted:

mm "crispy" beef patties. love my beef to have the snap of a saltine when i bite into a burger

My grandpa, a polish american immigrant, WWII navy vet, who married an Irish Catholic woman, insisted on making smash-burgers with saltine crackers as the binding, dry as gently caress until the day he died. God bless you, Stanley.

e: hand mashed, thin as paper, one egg in the mix, like god knows how many saltines, and mashed paper flat and dry as gently caress. That was grandpa's burger. He knew they were poo poo and he'd grin a mile wide servin' em to ya.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 21, 2020

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
I live within delivery range of one, I guess I could order some for an actual verdict

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

BaconCopter posted:

I live within delivery range of one, I guess I could order some for an actual verdict

would love to hear a verdict

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I live juuuust outside of delivery range. RIP me.

Why do they call it the first FREE restaurant when you gotta pay?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I just found out this guy is apparently only 22 years old. I’ve seen some of his videos recommended to me before (god he must’ve been 19 then, making videos about giving away thousands of dollars,) I always assumed he was the same guy as that Philadelphia beast dude or whatever, the guy that used to make videos eating expired food and poo poo. But I guess he’s just been making youtube videos since he was a tween.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I live juuuust outside of delivery range. RIP me.

Why do they call it the first FREE restaurant when you gotta pay?

The physical location he opened up was the free one (and also gave money away.)

Anonymous Robot posted:

I just found out this guy is apparently only 22 years old. I’ve seen some of his videos recommended to me before (god he must’ve been 19 then, making videos about giving away thousands of dollars,) I always assumed he was the same guy as that Philadelphia beast dude or whatever, the guy that used to make videos eating expired food and poo poo. But I guess he’s just been making youtube videos since he was a tween.

My understanding of the situation is that the guy is just really good at getting sponsors who are the ones that actually provide the money he gives away.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

muscles like this! posted:

The physical location he opened up was the free one (and also gave money away.)

My understanding of the situation is that the guy is just really good at getting sponsors who are the ones that actually provide the money he gives away.

At a certain point, giving away 5 thousand bucks is just a marketing cost to making much more than 5 thousand bucks.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i'm assuming it's like all the other "30 under 30" stories which begin with an itsy bitsy $250,000 interest-free loan from his rich parents

----------------

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Both of my times have been delivery, and yes its a :iiam: GHOST KITCHEN :iiam:

First Time Around - Triple Beast, Beast Fries, Diet Pepsi, Cookie
COOKIE MISSING
DIET PEPSI - USUAL FLAVOR

The Triple Beast, was actually really good, the brown mustard made it stand out in all the burgers, and the meat and cheese ratio felt more like a baconator, the mayo was not overpowering, so it was good, it didn't get the soggy bun expected with any delivery burger. The Pickles were amazing, it was a burger top 10.

The Fries However, were just the same flavors of the burger on the seasoned crinkle-cut fries. fries with ketchup, mustard, mayo and pickles and i said "just avoid it, these aint animal style fries or cheese fries"

Second Time Around - Triple Beast, Regular Seasoned Fries, Diet Pepsi, Cookie

COOKIE - Around, it was standard "pre-baked microwave finish" cookie, still good.
DIET PEPSI - it's diet pepsi

This time around, I tried the fries first, obviously, it's delivery fries so they will be cold on shipping, but these weren't just "lukewarm" these were just undercooked. the seasoning is paprika and maybe seasoned salt? A really good flavor on a badly made fry.

The Burger the second time around? Just the absolute worst. the smashed burgers were burnt, overseasoned (so it tasted like pure salt) the mayo/ketchup/mustard combo made the soggy bun, meaning you'll have to take it off bun just to eat the salty flatty-patties, and the pickles were still there, but because of thickness, was about the size of the three patties. It was probably one of the most disappointing burgers I had, after enjoying my very first one.

I think even if you ordered delivery and picked-it up and ate it in your car (or wherever is safest during COVID-19) i think many of the problems will still be with your purchase, but like most chains, it might depend on time (don't go during a rush with a backup, or in a ghost kitchen with multiple restaurants to juggle the recipe guide)

Will I go there again? Maybe? Maybe Not. Depends if they are still around in the summer.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Sounds like the difference between my first Quiznos black angus 20 years ago and my final Quiznos black angus 19 years ago

I had to look up Ghost Kitchen and I guess this is a good model for the pandemic but certainly not one if you want any kind of brand consistency or quality control for a brand. It also makes this "restaurant" venture not nearly as ambitious or daunting as it seemed from the outset, particularly if dude has a baked-in following who will order this poo poo no matter what.

----------------

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

If there's one thing I hate in the world it's burgers with soggy rear end buns. There is a pop-up in the first floor of my apartment who did the smash burger thing as well, but didn't know how to layer the burger so it was already falling apart by the time I went back to my unit. I'd imagine getting a Mrbeastburger delivered with all that sauce and meatjuice would be even worse.

I'll still try one because I'm a masochist.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ordered the Best burger and the Chris Burger. Both with an extra patty and extra cheese.

The place was as far from my house as door dash delivers, so they only luke warm when I got them. Better than what I expected, though, they packed them really well. I was starving when I ate them, so that effects my opinion. The smash burgers were good, but I wouldn't pay for them again given the time for the delivery. Pricey for a burger but too much worse than other take out restaurants for burgers. If I could get these through a drive through, I would. I wouldn't order them online again.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i ate the beast burger today. double patty, with a side of beast style fries. i have no idea what the gently caress i was thinking getting the beast style fries on top of the beast burger. that was a major fuckup

the burg itself was actually pretty good, it tasted like a slightly higher caliber sonic burger. i liked the thousand island or whatever the gently caress was on there. but the fries were bad, and i'd say if you're considering wasting your hard earned money on Mr. Beast, just get the regular seasoned fries and don't be a stupid rear end in a top hat like me

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
They recently opened one right by me, by opened one I mean based on the map they are probably using the kitchen from a bad ma and pa convenience store right off campus.

I had the Chris Burger and seasoned fries. The burger to me was like Wendys pre-clam shell grill, which is good (not as good as psychotic people on this forum used to say were the best burgers on Earth but still good). Fries were already trending towards cold despite it being only a couple miles away and only taking 5 minutes from pickup to get to me.

I'd probably consider it again because it was pretty much the cheapest meal you can get on door dash unless a fast food place is doing free delivery.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I got this last night. Double Beast, add bacon, no ketchup (obv) and the Nashville Hot Chicken Tender sandwich.

The chicken sandwich is a joke, never again. Doesn't even come remotely close to Nashville Hot. I don't know what they were doing here but I didn't taste a hint of spice until the last bite and that was weak. Chicken itself was average to poor, though I gotta say it was a decent portion.

The burger was actually pretty great, the mustard might be the best I've had from a fast food burger and I liked the smashed patties. I think three would've been too much though. Next time I'd get two doubles instead of the chicken. None of the sides were appealing because I'm not really about crinkle fries. Can't see myself getting anything but burgers from here tbh.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When I ate this it was sub-summer camp level frozen poo poo and probably the worst product to packaging quality thing I’ve ever experienced or can even imagine experiencing. It was made in the kitchen of an actually pretty awesome neighborhood pizzeria. Outrageous.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I can't imagine it varying that much but I wonder if the quality depends on the ghost kitchen it comes from? The one that made mine shared a ghost kitchen with Wendys and a Cheesecake Factory.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

I can't imagine it varying that much but I wonder if the quality depends on the ghost kitchen it comes from? The one that made mine shared a ghost kitchen with Wendys and a Cheesecake Factory.

I had a few that came from a ghost kitchen that is like a local "the tourists come here and leave 5 star reviews level for satisfaction" place in the summer but "caters to locals" in the winter, and each one one was pretty drat good for the price during the winter. Never tried it during the tourist bumrush in the summer, but I'm betting because they're so busy then that it'd be worse.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal
I've gotten MrBeast burger several times, cooked out of the same place, and it varies a lot even then. Last time I got the most pathetic portion of fries I've ever gotten from any restaurant. This was some doobie level poo poo. The burg was good but goddamn give me some fries motherfuckers!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't remember the portion sizes being that bad when I got the fries but the fries themselves were garbage. I get that it's not the easiest to get consistently good fries on delivery but these were a cut below. I literally would not get anything but burgers here.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Lincoln posted:

Ketchup, eh? I've never heard of Mister Beast Burger. Do they cater exclusively to children and the mentally handicapped?

That is Mr. Beast's target audience.

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm willing to entertain the possibility that the burger really is as awesome as it looks online and mine was replaced by the Uber driver. lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Anonymous Robot posted:

Yeah, Beast goes by LABeast now. Have a good day. He was making vids before the current Beast guy, but I dunno how the name changes went because the current Beast went by another name for a while as well.

Anyway. LABeast is still eating expired poo poo and it's almost amusing, but the guy is so happy that I keep watching.

Beast, I have a hard time watching because his stunts are usually cool, but it's always the same 10 people winning stuff, and they're always people he hangs around with. So I question if the money really is going anywhere with the exception of maybe the runner up prizes. I also find it hard to believe these smaller start-ups who are sponsoring entire islands are legit. In one video he complained about taxes for filming in California so they moved to Idaho, and the next video they're eating $100,000 ice cream. So.. pay taxes that help people, or eat $100k ice cream. I both want to smash the tv and keep watching because it's loving 100k ice cream.