Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Basticle posted:

DLC model makers: 10 employees
Promo video team: 15 employees
Social Media Community Managers: 5 employees
Programmers: 1 employee
Bug testers: he quit
Game economy manager: 1 crypto bro

Someone who is good at the economy please help manage this. my game is dying

Spend less on monetization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
I assume the monetization transparency blog post they've been teasing in dev streams is coming on Tuesday. I think it was one of the community managers that just straight up said they wanted to transition to a model less reliant on up front sales of the game, which seems more likely to be standard F2P stuff than Tennogen unfortunately.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/1wftcb

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lmao of all the weapons used to get kills last month #2 and #3 were Slates

So glad they keep adding weapons that are more and more OP than the last.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Russian Remoulade posted:

I assume the monetization transparency blog post they've been teasing in dev streams is coming on Tuesday. I think it was one of the community managers that just straight up said they wanted to transition to a model less reliant on up front sales of the game, which seems more likely to be standard F2P stuff than Tennogen unfortunately.

I'm curious if that's an acknowledgement they already have a ton of f2p style monetization in the game and they're just gonna drop the upfront cost for new players to try and boost player count, or if we're gonna see stuff like Hunt Energy or Hunt Life Insurance for a 9.99 monthly fee.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

I'm curious if that's an acknowledgement they already have a ton of f2p style monetization in the game and they're just gonna drop the upfront cost for new players to try and boost player count, or if we're gonna see stuff like Hunt Energy or Hunt Life Insurance for a 9.99 monthly fee.

I'm worried it's the latter, but I assume a player driven marketplace also implies things like loot boxes and item rarity. I wonder if they're going to do stuff like add stat tracking or cosmetic effects to legendary skins? I feel like they have to bring this to the table with something new that could at least arguably get fans excited or they're just going to have to add monetization hooks into existing systems and start severely loving with the gameplay.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
As-is Hunt does monetization very well I think. There's very little that actually ties into gameplay. Hopefully they're smart enough not to introduce anything that could even remotely be pay2win.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lmao in trios our match mmr was 4.5 and there was a team of three 6-star players including one with a 4.8 kda and 13,800 kills and a 3.3 with 15k kills

The system works!

*edit* just had the same thing happen again but with a completely different 6 star trio.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jun 14, 2022

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

My team score has stayed 4/4.5 but more and more 6 stars have been creeping into my games when I used to absolutely never see them. SBMM enabled, matchmaking still only takes a few seconds. something’s off.

Matches against these people are dire and it’s making me want to quit.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Basticle posted:

lmao in trios our match mmr was 4.5 and there was a team of three 6-star players including one with a 4.8 kda and 13,800 kills and a 3.3 with 15k kills

The system works!

*edit* just had the same thing happen again but with a completely different 6 star trio.

This happened to us once but whoops I had left mmr off while doing something solo so really it was technically kind of my fault.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

My team score has stayed 4/4.5 but more and more 6 stars have been creeping into my games when I used to absolutely never see them. SBMM enabled, matchmaking still only takes a few seconds. something’s off.

Matches against these people are dire and it’s making me want to quit.
On console mine slowly climbs when I team with other 3 stars, since my lobbies will mostly be 3 and 4 stars with some 5 star duos thrown in to make stuff spicy along with the occasional 1 star team that gets deleted.
However if I ever team up with anyone with a 5 star rank -even though our team rating might still be 3 or 4 stars- I get thrown to the wolves and it's teams of 5 stars, or even the occasional 6 stars with a 3 star partner.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I hear there's an exploit with the Lemat.

quote:

there is a newly discovered (or newly well known) exploit in Hunt where you can get the Lemat to fire "shotgun shells" from the pistol mode - with pistol range, and shotgun damage

oh it's apparently even worse, you fire the compact ammo from the /shotgun/ mode, so it's 12 pellets of regular compact ammo

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Apparently it's even worse than that. Getting hit by any of the "pellets" allegedly applies damage as if you'd been hit by every "pellet". And it's apparently pretty easy to trigger by just loving around with firemode swaps and weapon swaps, which if you're like me and you're constantly doing that, you could even trigger by accident.

Hotfix "in the coming days" apparently.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
The "hotfix" brings back the reload bug for single poo poo weapons. You can't make this poo poo up. Incompetence at an unprecedented level

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Kwolok posted:

The "hotfix" brings back the reload bug for single poo poo weapons. You can't make this poo poo up. Incompetence at an unprecedented level

lmao didn't they specifically say they had tovbe careful with there fix and took this long to roll it out to avoid the reload bug?

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

I’m not a computer scientist but it seems like the easiest way to temporarily solve the problem would be to just set the price of the lemat to a million Hunt dollars until they can roll out a proper fix.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

make it cost blood bonds lol

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Small sample size but I've started just unchecking "Skill based matchmaking" and my enjoyment level of this game, which had taken a dramatic dip of late, has increased tremendously.

Unrelated https://streamable.com/us7nqm

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

My friend watched the devstream so here is his stream of consciousness overview, only slightly edited for readability:

quote:

Lemat fixed
single shot ammo switch fixed
they have "improved" the desync issue with both a local player movement backend change and a server-sided change
desync can still happen due to latency, but if it does happen, they have tried to make it smoother - less of a teleport
desync is NOT gone, just improved
a big list of bug fixes will be in the patch notes, 1.9 was mostly a health update
the legendary capstone summon random pool now includes every legendary in the game, including the ones available for bbs

they are talking about the black market
it's just a store page with extra steps

new section of Kingsnake mine
the mine
you can go into the mine now
revisions to a bunch of stilwater bayou locations
big changes to Alice Farm
BIG change to Pitching Crematorium, there's a new ramp going into the crematoria

a bunch of ladders at port reeker are now ramps or staircases
the level designer clearly plays the actual game from how he talks about how frustrating Port Reeker could be
more connections between the buildings
Port Reeker revision looks gooood
hahah "I couldn't push some assholes in that building because of a ladder so I'm making it a RAMP god-drat it"
on Lawson, Lumber and Salter's revisions

oh there's a tunnel into Salter's Pork for the team that spawns right in that field, so you have more options to get into the compound during a Salter's Spawn battle
new spawn system requires a minimum distance between spawn teams.
doesn't prevent spawn fights
bunch of new spawns added
since you can't spawn right next to each other anymore they had more options for placement

they have made server stability and backend improvements
match time reduction to 45 min
less than 1% of all Hunt games lasted longer than 40 minutes and it improves server performance
they have introduced a ping limit of 225ms
you cannot join a game in a region where your ping to those servers exceed that

the post-game screen has more information on poo poo you did, kills, revives, etc.
distant gunshots are now distinguished by weapon type for readability
indoor/outdoor should be more readable as well

Centennial buff
20% faster rate of fire in all aim stages
terminus buff - faster reload, faster rof

they showed a before/after and it's noticeable for sure
new slide "Long Ammo Pistol Balance"
-only affects the uppercut... for now ;)
uppercut has a slight damage reduction, but retains more of its damage over a distance
the change is expicility to make room for something "coming"
slug balance pass!

medium-length barrels got about 3 meters chopped off their OHK range, and all slugs require upper torso rather than lower torso
for the OHK from before
at 10 meters at least
poison bullets buffed

heavy knife and saber buffed
machete buffed
talon variants buffed
oh wow the talons now work like the combat axe
but they cost a lot more stamina

oh! new knife skin that's a broken bottle
and a full size winfield legnedary that isn't 50 laurels

Vetterli Silencer!
oh a second legendary hunter, a Pinkerton detective theme

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Seems just ok but we'll have to see it on the test server

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I hope they manage to break the current meta for quickplay where 2 or 3 of the areas have little bunkers someone holes up in with concertina and poison and just waits out the clock since there's only 1 kill corridor in to them.
They're not as bad in regular play since the clock pressure works the other way, and the holed up party needs to escape. In quickplay they can just huff their farts for 3-4 minutes.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Sad if our threesome can’t include our australian anymore. The ping floats in the 250ms region.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
You can't queue into a region that is outside of the ping limit, but you can get invited into a group where the host is under the limit and still pkay with them.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Azran posted:

You can't queue into a region that is outside of the ping limit, but you can get invited into a group where the host is under the limit and still pkay with them.

Man I get wanting to play with friends, but playing against high ping players sucks so much, dying behind walls or before you even see another player is zero percent fun. It sucks but I wish they wouldn't have allowed this exception.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Kwolok posted:

Man I get wanting to play with friends, but playing against high ping players sucks so much, dying behind walls or before you even see another player is zero percent fun. It sucks but I wish they wouldn't have allowed this exception.

I imagine it's probably a small number of players, but yeah that or unloading 4 shots that absolutely should have hit -or worse yet actually register a hit confirmation- sucks.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I’ve never had issues with dying around corners or teleporting or whatever from high ping players.

I’ve instead had a lot of cases where aimpunch isn’t real for them because their client hasn’t gotten the hit message to trigger aimpunch by the time they’ve clicked on my head locally, which is infuriating because I generally go for bodyshots, so it’s ??? whether hitting someone first actually means anything or not.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

This was more a desync thing than ping but the other day I charged a guy with a bayonet, he saw me, turned around and started to run away. Right as I got close enough to thrust and stab him the game teleported me back inside a building I had left 15 seconds earlier so instead of a kill my stab hit a wall lamp and engulfed me in flames. The confused look on the other guy's face when he turned around to see me suddenly on fire inside a building almost cancelled out how frustrating it was. Almost.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Sometimes you just go in with dual flare romeros.

https://streamable.com/jtkdpz

Welcome to Hunt

https://streamable.com/hjoyna

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jul 2, 2022

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

lmfao

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

oh my god the mad lads wen't and did it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kd_hwY0w90

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0suDTE39Kk

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_CjVUwB_hI

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Pictured: guy gets ruined by that area where the flash bomb does damage and gives a hitmarker without actually flashing them

https://i.imgur.com/AiGwDi2.mp4

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

https://streamable.com/s6fnhn
LOL

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

hell yeah

devil is in the details, but it looks like a good implementation too (in terms of speed/clunkiness vs. something like the slate or specter)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

romero alof with dragonbreath is going to whip rear end

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Babe Magnet posted:

romero alof with dragonbreathstarshells is going to whip rear end

Have an assortment
https://streamable.com/pkyx73
of
https://streamable.com/buxudn
nonsense
https://streamable.com/na1yyn

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jul 9, 2022

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

man, I don't think I've had that view tilt bug since Early Access

*edit*

https://www.pcgamer.com/i-got-gud-at-a-competitive-shooter-and-it-sucks/

quote:

For a while, I believed Hunt: Showdown's novel approach to balance meant it was immune to the competitive obsession with metas and ranks that brings the worst out of other games. I think for the average player, that's actually true.

But as we kept playing, we kept getting better. We slowly started climbing through Hunt's 6-star ranking system, a simple MMR setup that judges your personal kill/death ratio and ranks you based on recent performance. For a long time we floated somewhere between 4 stars and 5 stars, but a few months ago, all three of us became 5-star hunters at once. Once we hit that threshold, every server we'd join was now full of other 5-stars (or in other words, the top 15% to 20% of players in our region). It seems like such a minor difference, but it was like a flip had been switched. Gone were the goofy loadouts and talkative combatants: we had entered the domain of sweaty tryhards, and it stank.

turn my monitor on etc.

the rest of the article is garbage and the author is mad that everyone uses the Uppercut (????)

Not only is that not true, the uppercut isnt broken or imbalanced.

quote:

Finding an Uppercut on the corpse of an enemy has become the symbol of a player seemingly more interested in winning and ranking up than getting the most out of what Hunt has to offer.

what a big baby

Basticle fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jul 9, 2022

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I love my one handed rifle.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

he's right. 4 star is fun star.

Uppercut's definitely not broken but I would not have a size 1 weapon with multiple shots do >124 damage. I'd reduce it to 124 and let the upcoming sparks pistol have that breakpoint since it will only have one shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

As much as I love it the Uppercut is kind of overpowered, a lot of the time I don't even bother with quartermaster to upgrade it to an obrez since the uppercut is in fact better in some ways. They are nerfing it soon though iirc, but right now it is kind of the de facto best one slot weapon unless you need something really fast firing to complement a sparks maybe.