Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Syphilicious! posted:

There are two kilns in every boss lair, and each compound (that hasn't already been visited by other player) seems to have a decent amount of pots--maybe three or four, typically--they're just quite hard to find.

The dark sight range to spot them isn't great either - even playing as one of the event skins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

Also did the last patch gently caress with LOD and texture pop-in for PC? Because on my ps5 certain lighting like dusk or going down and being picked up has a 50/50 chance of leaving the game flicking between n64 graphics and normal if I rotate or look down my gun's sights.

I've definitely noticed it this patch. Half my screen looks like Mario 64 gourand shading sometimes.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Hunt showdown battlepass: Snake heater

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
We've seen an average of 2-4 snake baskets per compound, and the nice thing is they added an auditory element where they hiss if you get near them, so finding the handful they sprinkle throughout the woods between compounds isn't impossible.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D77ApLpv4TM

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Just had a lovely solo round where I teamed up with another lone wolf and together we managed to wipe the server before peacefully extracting together. Highlight of the match was the ten minutes we spent sneaking around the second boss compound searching for whoever was causing the boss sign to flash red only to realise that we were setting it off for each other.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I haven't played during the new event - how prevalent/realistic are these snakes? Do they wander around in the map, or is it "interact with this object to obtain snakes"? I ask because I have a phobia of snakes but if they're not doing snakey things all over the place I might be okay.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
They spawn in baskets. As you get close to them they can jump out of the basket and snap at the air doing damage to anything around them but they never leave the basket

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Thanks. Gave it a whirl just now, wasn't thrilled about approaching the baskets but they're pretty clearly marked and I don't really care about the event anyway so I can just ignore them.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

PantsOptional posted:

Thanks. Gave it a whirl just now, wasn't thrilled about approaching the baskets but they're pretty clearly marked and I don't really care about the event anyway so I can just ignore them.

You can just break them too. You only miss out on being able to sacrifice the coins they give you in the kilns at the boss lairs. You get as many points for destroying them as you get for collecting them.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
You can shoot them, too. It will give you 2 points instead of the 4 you get from picking them up + 3 tokens (10 points in total after burning the tokens), but it's a valid way to contribute if you don't want to mess with the snakes.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

I've had slightly better luck finding some, though like double in one shack and weird stuff. Also just shot some when a fight was coming since I didn't have time to bother. Still rarer than they should be though.

Bomb-omb Texting
Sep 24, 2009
I have been scared a few times by snakes, mainly because of unexpected placements of snake baskets.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

If you wanted to solo farm event points, I assume an axe, couple stamina shots, and a couple stickies are still the way to go? Rush around to find the bosses first, kill em, move on. Maybe a crossbow with poison too.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Other hunters are the best source of event points so soloing is rough, why do you need to solo?

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Elendil004 posted:

Other hunters are the best source of event points so soloing is rough, why do you need to solo?

Just get vulture and pick through the left overs

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

If you wanted to solo farm event points, I assume an axe, couple stamina shots, and a couple stickies are still the way to go? Rush around to find the bosses first, kill em, move on. Maybe a crossbow with poison too.

Let's assume you get all three event clues, kill the boss and cash in the tokens from the boss. That's 24 from the clue + 10 from the boss + 16 from the tokens. Best case scenaro, 50 points. Just killing and looting two people is half that. Extracting with a bounty is 20 points. You can easily get 150-200 points in a successful match, it's really not worth it trying to solo it like previous events, especially considering how many more points you need.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Sometimes my friends aren't available and I refuse to play with pubbies :shrug:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Sometimes my friends aren't available and I refuse to play with pubbies :shrug:

Why not do quickplay? You get event points for each rift you close and for winning.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I suppose that's fine. I don't normally like Quick play but with the event and the Summon for closing rifts, it'll be fine.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Azran posted:

Let's assume you get all three event clues, kill the boss and cash in the tokens from the boss. That's 24 from the clue + 10 from the boss + 16 from the tokens. Best case scenaro, 50 points. Just killing and looting two people is half that. Extracting with a bounty is 20 points. You can easily get 150-200 points in a successful match, it's really not worth it trying to solo it like previous events, especially considering how many more points you need.

I have a contact active I got from the battle pass and playing as a rat solo I get an average of 200-400 points a game...

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Oh yeah, contracts are a massive boost, especially if you run one of the event skins (60%, 70% with Signee).

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I haven't played this in probably a year and a half or more and decided to fire it back up.

This Black Maket is new. One thing I can't tell at all is that if you buy a pack, does it become permanently buyable in the store like normal DLC items or is it just a pack of stuff that is lost upon death?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

veni veni veni posted:

I haven't played this in probably a year and a half or more and decided to fire it back up.

This Black Maket is new. One thing I can't tell at all is that if you buy a pack, does it become permanently buyable in the store like normal DLC items or is it just a pack of stuff that is lost upon death?

Any cosmetic you buy is permanent. The initial purchase with blood bonds gives you a free copy. From there the weapon with a skin costs the same in hunt bucks as a regular version of the gun. Any legendary hunter costs 200 to recruit and comes unarmed with 3 random traits.

If a gun is unlocked through level or a gun tree you'll need to unlock it to buy new copies of your skin beyond that first 'free' one.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ok thanks. Good to know it’s permanent at least

I honestly have no idea how this works though. They make it look like it’s a “bundle” so I bought this guys to get the avtomat mainly, I pay real money…and it unlocked one random gun that I don’t even want?! This isn’t communicated or explained anywhere in the game I feel like I just got robbed :cry:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

veni veni veni posted:

Ok thanks. Good to know it’s permanent at least

I honestly have no idea how this works though. They make it look like it’s a “bundle” so I bought this guys to get the avtomat mainly, I pay real money…and it unlocked one random gun that I don’t even want?! This isn’t communicated or explained anywhere in the game I feel like I just got robbed :cry:

Oh wait the black market? It's not a bundle. It's really dumb, each of the 3 'vendors' will sell you the 1 item currently highlighted in their list at a discount, every time you buy from them it rerolls which item from their list is for sale, or you can pay blood bonds for a reshuffle.
Also as I mentioned you can't buy a skin to bypass unlocking a gun. The 1 'free' copy bypasses the unlock, but you won't be able to buy more copies of the skin for hunt bucks until you unlock the gun.

If you bought an actual bundle it should give you a copy of everything in it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thanks yeah, I didn’t realize it doesn’t bypass the unlock and just gives you 1 copy to use until the gun is unlocked. Which is fine I guess as long as you have access after you unlock it

The black market is so poorly explained it’s hard as hell to tell what you are even buying. It makes it look like you get everything the vendor has and even calls it a bundle. Luckily it was only 3 bux but man that is some scummy rear end MTX

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

veni veni veni posted:

Thanks yeah, I didn’t realize it doesn’t bypass the unlock and just gives you 1 copy to use until the gun is unlocked. Which is fine I guess as long as you have access after you unlock it

The black market is so poorly explained it’s hard as hell to tell what you are even buying. It makes it look like you get everything the vendor has and even calls it a bundle. Luckily it was only 3 bux but man that is some scummy rear end MTX

Yeah, it's incredibly poorly explained, and I don't quite know who it's for. It's mostly the bad old skins and only worth it as a way of throwing away a ton of free blood bonds, but if you've been playing long enough to have a war chest of free blood bonds, you probably would have most of the good skins from those lists -when they entered the 40% off sale rotation or even the 48bb weekly.

I'd check out the weekly hunter that's being sold for 40% off and 48 bb 'hidden' legendary in the regular store, since those rotate at least and can be nearly anything.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 9, 2022

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Played for like 3+ hours today I forgot how fun and and also annoying this game is. Mostly just got wrecked and playing on console with crossplay is an uphill battle lol. Felt like we got a bit of a groove back with a double team wipe in the last round though.

Just a random thing, but kudos on this game for releasing a bunch of cosmetic stuff without ruining the tone of it. I loving hate when multiplayer games jump the shark and all of a sudden you are playing some mil sim against people dressed like Santa Claus and Shrek. I like that this game actually commits to it's aesthetic

Whoever designed the menus and MTX needs to be publicly spanked though

Death On Toast
Aug 2, 2006
The better half of the Brothers Douche.

veni veni veni posted:

Whoever designed the menus and MTX needs to be publicly spanked though

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

veni veni veni posted:

Played for like 3+ hours today I forgot how fun and and also annoying this game is. Mostly just got wrecked and playing on console with crossplay is an uphill battle lol. Felt like we got a bit of a groove back with a double team wipe in the last round though.

As a quick fyi crossplay is console only, not against pc players. I've never had particular issues with it, but usually if it's on and someone I'm playing with misses a shot or wanted an encounter to go differently they'll blame crossplay.
The worst glitch I've noticed with crossplay has been the voip if you're playing with randos will sometimes be very off and inaudible even when you're 2 feet from eachother.

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:
sure would be nice if they added deadzones for controller sticks

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/q2c8wy

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I wanted to see the kill view, 83 meters is pretty good for an iron sight shot.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC62G6cZ_Ak

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Someone should tell your friend he can just melee the bees to make them go away.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

my kinda ape posted:

Someone should tell your friend he can just melee the bees to make them go away.

That never seems to work for me, but I've definitely seen other people do it successfully.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Two charged melee attacks using a weapon with a stock is the most efficient way to deal with bees. Using light melee or stockless weapons is not ideal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Two or three light melees with the knuckle knife takes care of bees, make sure you step into them when you swing, it's easy to miss them if you're moving away from them and attacking.