Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Alright here's my top ten. I freely admit to recency bias and all other forms of bias, but here it is. I will likely edit a little bit prior to the deadline because I'm drunk right now, but wanted to make sure at least 1 more ballot was cast. Yay democracy!

10. Agents of Shield Wow. Given the material and leeway they were given the knocked this out of the park. Season ends stronger than it begins in my opinion, but is very strong throughout.

9. Search Party - What seemed like a pretty chill romcom ends up being anything but. But done to the absolute extremity, and done well. Love it. I am drunk.

8. What We Do In The Shadows - Jackie Daytona, normal human bartender, nothing further needed.

7. Raised By Wolves - Goddamn this show went some places.

6. The Good Place - Very sweet, very funny, I'm glad they got to tell the story they wanted to. But it never really reached the heights of the first season.

5. Perry Mason - To be honest this show is more about the execution than anything else. It's not super exciting, but once you get into it it does keep the tension up.

4. Warrior
. Holy poo poo, this show kicks the llama's rear end.

3. Dispatches From Elsewhere - this gave me bigtime Lodge 49 vibes so it got me hooked right from the get go. But it became it's own thing and was great at it. I know the final episode was kind of divisive but I thought it was very sweet and more importantly, I've never seen the actors, production, and crew acknowledged in this way.

2. Better Call Saul - I can't really elaborate more than others have, it's just a perfect loving show.

1. Ted Lasso - Better than being perfect though, is being timely. This show made 2020 a little better and I don't think I could say the same for any other show. This is the only show that I could count on to raise my spirits even when everything else was going to hell.

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jan 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Well poo poo. I was already thinking about reordering my choices so I guess I can dump Cobra Kai in the process if need be.

edit:

changed it to AOS. Thanks for the heads up

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jan 16, 2021

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Oh man, I completely forgot to include Devs, Avenue 5, or The Queen's Gambit. They would probably take up the middle of my list but gently caress it, I don't really feel like booting any of the other shows off my list.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Oh man, that is an awesome idea!

This year was the first I participated in the annual poll, and even then it was just because it sounded like entries were sparse at the time. But it does instill a bit more investment in the final results and I've been kicking myself for not ranking some shows higher just to see them do better in the overall results.

I'm going to start thinking about where my decade rankings might fall but I have no idea what will qualify or what I even watched within the acceptable window. I look forward to you launching the thread with more details! You're going to make me rewatch a dozen series and I thank you for that since it seems like slim pickin's on new shows (that seem interesting to me) lately.