Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Been a good year for animation nerds

10: She-Ra

A good story with good characters that concluded with a good ending, on any other year this would be the best animated series but uh...

9: The Owl House

Not quite the successor to Gravity Falls everyone wants it to be but it's more than halfway there

8: Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous

The best work in the franchise in literal decades, which I will admit is a pretty low bar to clear but by the end I was genuinely invested in the characters. The dino-violence is exactly what your inner child has been asking for and it contains the best use of a Brick Joke in TV this year

7: Carmen Sandiego

I'll level with ya, this is exactly how you remember it, a dumb remake of a dumb cartoon series based on a dumb video game that only exists to teach kids geography. What makes it work is the art, which I would call a blend of early 2000's Disney and 1920's travel posters, that second one is extremely my poo poo. Not to mention every episode the animators set aside one scene just to show off how talented they are

6: Kipo and The Age of Wonderbeasts

I'm calling it now, a year (Or two years) from now when that Fallout TV series from the makers of Westworld comes out and we're all immensely disappointed I'm going to be right here telling you to watch this again. Managed to find that perfect balance between sparkly and serious

5: The Mandalorian

This managed to make Star Wars nerds like Star Wars again, which is an achievement in and of itself. Go read someone else's glowing review for a glowing review because in case you haven't noticed I'm bad with words

4: Lovecraft Country

Everything teenage me loved about 30's pulp horror, while having a conversation only adult me could have about their legacy

3: Primal

A career highlight from probably the best cartoon showrunners working today. Every frame belongs in an art museum and every scene might as well be screenwriting 101. If the words "Zombie Argentinosaurus" isn't enough to sell you on a show I don't know what to tell you

2: Better Call Saul

This is effectively the tenth season of one of the best shows to ever air on TV. How they manage to operate at this level for so long confuses and fascinates me but I know I'll be here long past the final ending

1: Dispatches from Elsewhere

I feel like it's impossible to really describe this show. I mean yeah it's one of the best unraveling mysteries on TV since ever, the characters are all standouts played by amazing actors and the cinematography is always amazing, but beyond that all I can say is that this show resonated with me on a deeply personal level that will stick with me for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU