Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Can I vote for all three seasons of Kipo separately? I know 2020 time dilation and all, but it's really weird that all of this happened this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Okay, I guess I will finally try to get together a list. I watched a lot of TV this year, but I feel like I'm drawing a blank here.

nonworthy mention
Raised by wolves had a great theme song and started out fascinating. But from there it sort of fizzled away. This is disappointing in a way which actually makes me remember this show, unlike all those were I can't recal if they were from this year.

Not quite there mention.
11 Upload
This is a fun satire about the future and the nature of death in a colorful setting.

List
10 Carmen Sandiego
This series is a fun romp around the world. The side characters are actually greatly written, which is impressive for such a cartoon.
9 Dead to me
Not much happened in this show, but since it is such a farce with tightly knit characters, who randomly keep meeting each other, it made me legitimately laugh out loud sometimes.
8 The Owl House
Ido enjoy how much fun the main character has at enjoying that weird world. Also the socially awkward love interest is cute.
7 Queens Gambit
I feel like I mostly loved that show because Anja Taylor Joy is weirdly beautiful in a unsettling way, like an alien mantis which will rip your head off. But it also made me get a bit into chess again and had a great visual presentation.
6 American Dad
Long time favorite, doesn't really seem to decline. Always Sunny in Philadelphia would have had a spot for a similar reason, if they had aired an episode this year.
5 Bojack Horseman
It was a fine end and there were some good jokes in there.
4 The Boys
Great costumes, exciting psychopath murderers. Incidentally Karen Fukuhara is especially great, even though she plays a mute mass murderer.
3Kipo and the age of wonderbeasts
On the other hand, that same actress is perfectly capable to voice an outspoken nerd, who tries to solve her problems in the post-apocalyptic society by befriending people. I do love this peace-seeking aspect of the show.
Unlike a lot of different shows, this one basically did a 2020 speed run, where they aired all three seasons in one year.
2 Agents of SHIELD
They really made a great victory lap for their final season. Not the best season but quite well done.
1 Harley Quinn
This show has so much fun, stomping around the DC universe. Basically, every single character is a better interpretation than what any other DC show would offer with regards to that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Senerio posted:

Almost missed the deadline lmao. This year I wanted more cheerful and cutesy than serious, because I was using TV as an escape from the hell world that was 2020, so I didn't watch as much new TV as I normally do, and considering how little prestige TV I cared to watch before the world went to poo poo, this is gonna be a very twee list.

HM) Teenage Bounty Hunters

Netflix cancelled this, and I found that out halfway through watching. I'm super sad that it wound up falling off my list, but I found the gif for it and by gum I'm gonna use it.

10) Motherland Fort Salem

Fun show about a group of witches in an alternate history. I'm excited for season 2. It's good, it's gay, it's on the list.

9) Ducktales

This show has dropped down since last year. Not because it got worse, but because the highs of the latest season didn't hit as hard. Mostly I'm sad that I know it won't be coming back for a Season 4, and that the Darkwing Duck show isn't just a spinoff after that very good backdoor pilot. Still worth a watch.

8) My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom.

The first anime in years that had me watching it as soon as it came out. The only other one that came close for me was Kaguya-Sama: Love is War.

7) Carmen Sandiego

While I feel that Season 3 didn't reach the heights of the first two, Carmen Sandiego was still a fun watch this year. Tying the season together with the theme of masks was a smart choice, and I really like it. I'm excited for the last season this Friday.

6) Stargirl

After the past few years oversaturated the superhero genre with grim, serious dudes who have to lie to their loved ones to protect them, Stargirl is a breath of fresh air, in that she's a peppy, cheerful girl who basically spends her time refuting the grimness of various superheroics, to remind us of the core thing that is missing from most Superhero media in the past few years (except, ironically, the worst piece of superhero media to come out in the past few years, the Avengers game): That Superheroes are, at their core, awesome. Courtney is great, Pat is great, Yolanda is great, etc etc but those are the highlights.

5) Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts

I forgot to put this in the writeup initially because I was editing the list as I wrote it up and accidentally wound up deleting this instead of moving it down. This was a great show from start to finish, which somehow all happened in the year 2020 what was last year.

4) Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure

Whoever it was who decided "hey let's take Tangled, and make more of it" is my new favorite person at Disney. Tangled The Series/Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure is 3 seasons of "More Tangled." Rapunzel is still her optimistic self, Eugene is still his wise-rear end who is more of a hero than he likes to claim. Add in new characters, such as Rapunzel's handmaiden with ambitions of knighthood, the king and queen who are (justifiably) concerned at losing their daughter again, and a young inventor who just wants to make his aloof father proud, and you have a fun story that I will continue to recommend to anyone who liked the original film.

3) Harley Quinn

Any other year this would be my #1, it was great and I love Harley and Ivy's entire dynamic, even ignoring the fact that they're gay. I'm excited to see where they go now, especially with Batgirl, who inevitably will be thrown into the confrontation of Season 3 between her friends and her father.

2) The Owl House

Sometimes a perfect romance is little miss perfect and an ordinary otter... with a dark side. Also Hooty exists.

1) She-Ra and the Princesses of Power

I could write a paragraph about how despite the flaws in the show I liked the heart or something, but when you get down to it, the gays won, we weren't queerbaited this time, and it was glorious.

Huh, I somehow forgot about Ducktales and Rapunzel.
My list is final, but the last season if Rapunzel was really great and had some incredibly impressive music pieces, which everyone should see!
All in all, senerio has good taste when it comes to TV shows. This list is a bit heavily weighted towards homosexual representation, but that's just because the shows which represent it are well written. Teenage Bounty hunters was fine too.

Edit: Oh goddamn it! I forgot Hilda too. That was not even a month ago. I blame the various 2020 tv in review lists I looked at to jog my memory. Apparently the people who write those feel too sophisticated for animation.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jan 10, 2021

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Looten Plunder posted:

Is this the same show?

Yes.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
No this is the proper way. The dogmatic way it needs to be done. Besides, it's just sorta stupid to list two additional honorable mentions if you can't even fill out the proper list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
One day I might give that Saul show a chance.