Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

the big nikola bet was buying fuel cells and electrolysis equipment in volume, locking up contracts along fixed trucking routes they could build fuelling stations along, then using surplus off peak renewable electricity at those stations to manufacture and store reserves of hydrogen. the benefit over BEV trucks would be efficiency of not hauling around the batteries and much quicker charging.

decent enough idea but only viable if every part of that plan goes off perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
if there’s oil to burn and he’s not doing it then that other guy will

use it or lose it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I don’t actually agree with that but it’s hard to see how it would play out any other way

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sagebrush posted:

carpet 2/3 of Nevada with solar cells

can you think of a better use for nevada?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yes: collect all the chuds at some giant racist burning man party and then nuke the site

e: is burning man racist? i've never gone but basically everyone i've seen in pictures there is white

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
racist or not, it's filled with the kind of people who go to burning man

still, that's a few acres at most, there's still the entire rest of the state

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
burning man is a safe space for white people. it’s not inherently racist, and most of the people that go there think of themselves as non-racist. but if they can’t get high and cuddle in some tent because a black guy is having his turn in there then things will get uncomfortable.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I thought killing huge swathes of the population was frowned upon and given all of them are white it could he considered racist

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
No. racism is exclusively based on punching down. One cannot be racist against the most privileged ethnicity in America. It is not possible.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

You also are only coincidentally glassing a bunch of white people because that's who chuds tend to be. Anyone who shows up to the chud party can get nuked, it's equal opportunity

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
e: some things just aren’t worth being right about

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 11, 2021

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
this will definitely be a productive and enlightening detail

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

The Management posted:

burning man is a safe space for white people. it’s not inherently racist, and most of the people that go there think of themselves as non-racist. but if they can’t get high and cuddle in some tent because a black guy is having his turn in there then things will get uncomfortable.

and burners love dressing up in native garb and saying that it's ok because they're one thirty-second cherokee

it's always cherokee

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

indigi posted:

this will definitely be a productive and enlightening detail

he's gotta loving with people

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

PIZZA.BAT posted:

electrolysis is a pretty simple process. it's just a matter of how you generate the electricity. so it's bad for the environment in a roundabout way in how energy intensive it is. the process itself is just water -> hydrogen & oxygen

yes but I also said at scale. most of the hydrogen we use isn’t made via electrolysis, but by Steam Methane Reforming, which produces hydrogen and CO2.

https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/how-hydrogen-made

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
apple and hyundai in a tree k i s s i n g

first comes love

then comes marriage

then comes a fuckin autonomous electric vehicle in a baby’s carriage

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-hyundai-motor-apple-idUSKBN29F0C1

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol my son came home from school one day and he didn’t know what he was saying but he told this rhyme about him and his friend

alex and bob in the shower having sex for half an hour

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Quit using up all the hot water, guys

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Lomarf.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

the lomarf car is still cumming but apparently will be made by foxconn ??

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

noted vehicle oem foxconn

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

they are planning to start building fisker's cars, but...yeah. it feels a little bit like the dr dre situation with hyundai - like maybe they gave up the partnership because a hyundai exec blabbed - but hyundai really knows how to make cars, and they have an EV platform, so it seems like a shame.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's not that i don't think they can do it, i just have doubts about their quality and production abilities, at least initially, compared to oems that have been doing this stuff for deacdes

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

they are planning to start building fisker's cars, but...yeah. it feels a little bit like the dr dre situation with hyundai - like maybe they gave up the partnership because a hyundai exec blabbed - but hyundai really knows how to make cars, and they have an EV platform, so it seems like a shame.

i’d believe the pragmatic hyundai side of this too. they’d be putting up 95% of the product, apple would add carplay 2 and take the price premium. then every year apple would iterate until they cut hyundai down to a power vr or iphone assembler role.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
the sad thing is literally any apple infotainment system will be hailed as revolutionary because it will respond to touches instantly and have fluid scrolling, a feat that is out of reach for literally every other car manufacturer

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

kitten emergency posted:

the sad thing is literally any apple infotainment system will be hailed as revolutionary because it will respond to touches instantly and have fluid scrolling, a feat that is out of reach for literally every other car manufacturer

isnt forums user tt personally responsible for the current dire state of automotive infotainment

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

eyyy i’m lomarfin’ here!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PIZZA.BAT posted:

eyyy i’m lomarfin’ here!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
richard lowmarf kyanka

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

PIZZA.BAT posted:

eyyy i’m lomarfin’ here!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Raluek posted:

isnt forums user tt personally responsible for the current dire state of automotive infotainment

that motherfucker!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
once screens became mandatory for backup cams it was all ogre

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

kitten emergency posted:

I had a rental rogue on a vacation and it glitched and disconnected my carplay for a few minutes and lol lmao it was like a bad winamp skin designed by someone that thought ux meant more text and buttons were useful in a vehicle going 70 mph

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

any time my business partner's hyundai falls back to the native UI for whatever reason it's mind boggling how bad it is. it's like interface design stopped in 2009 or something

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Agile Vector posted:

I had a rental rogue on a vacation and it glitched and disconnected my carplay for a few minutes and lol lmao it was like a bad winamp skin designed by someone that thought ux meant more text and buttons were useful in a vehicle going 70 mph

analog buttons are infinitely preferable to touchscreen horseshit for this reason

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
a lomarf... car??

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

honestly Tim Apple is going to have to bring his A-game to displace TESLA as the vehicle of choice for generating lomarfs.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
there's still time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Sham bam bamina! posted:

a lomarf... car??