Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I you ice your car like that you either need to park it in the sun and wait a week or idle the car with the heat on max for like an hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Athanatos posted:

At least he's not throwing hot water on it like some transplants have been known to do.

Lol

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Chicago winters are cool

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

It's a new sheet of ice that is much harder to get off, and at best the snow thats on there is now slushy. I had a friend try that in college.

It can also crack the glass

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

It’s been 60 here this week and freezing.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The best is when you have windshield wiper fluid in and you do do the accidental spray and it lays a small amount of ice forming on the windshield so you have to just perma spray it for like 3 minutes until your car heats up enough.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

IDK I just roll down the drivers side window and hang my head out until I get to the freeway

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

as a resident of the south, i can tell you with confidence that some folks have no loving clue what to do when the temperature drops below 40, and that many of them are unaware of exactly how cold surfaces can get when they’re outside overnight

soggybagel posted:

The best is when you have windshield wiper fluid in and you do do the accidental spray and it lays a small amount of ice forming on the windshield so you have to just perma spray it for like 3 minutes until your car heats up enough.

a decent brush/scraper costs like what, 8 bucks? it’s way faster especially if your windshield os frozen solid

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

IcePhoenix posted:

I live in Minnesota so have never seen or heard of anyone dumb enough to throw hot water on their car to clear off ice or snow, does it break the glass? Or is it just a new sheet of ice?

It entombs the car in like a quarter inch of ice. It's awesome.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

a new study bible! posted:

IDK I just roll down the drivers side window and hang my head out until I get to the freeway

i have done this when i have woken up late

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
You guys do know there's a defrost feature

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

MourningView posted:

It can also crack the glass

This too. Auto glass is has multiple layers fused together to generate internal stresses in the material. This means when it breaks it doesn't create huge decapitating shards in a high speed collision but it also means it can be more susceptible to thermal shock. Like pouring boiling water on a frozen car.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Declan MacManus posted:

a decent brush/scraper costs like what, 8 bucks? it’s way faster especially if your windshield os frozen solid

No you misunderstand.

The scenario is its cold but your windshield is clear of ice. But there is a lot of road grime from dirty slushy snow getting kicked up on your windshield so you without thinking hit the windshield spray and it cleans up the windshield but immediately starts frosting over so you have to kind of pump it a few times til the car's windshield vent heaters can kick on and warm up enough.

This was mostly a thing that happened in a lovely car in high school or whatever. New cars a way better at handling this.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Rick posted:

I'll admit a dumb thing, I was driving in the woods around christmas and a bug hit my windshield so I hit the wipers and it sprayed ice all over the window, I didn't even know it was that cold and also that sort of thing happened, if a moose would have ran in front of me at that moment I would have been dead.

The best case scenario is that it's so cold and dry that the boiling water vaporizes before it hits the windshield, resulting in cool special effects.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

a new study bible! posted:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Declan MacManus posted:

i have done this when i have woken up late

lmao

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://mobile.twitter.com/jon_greenberg/status/1355280775562866696

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i hope they're not taking credit for that hair cut

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

walking into a chicago barbershop and asking in a chicago accent so thick that giardiniera slops off my tongue ehhh gimme a luke schenscher

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

walking into a chicago barbershop and asking in a chicago accent so thick that giardiniera slops off my tongue ehhh gimme a luke schenscher

Sometimes when I go to Portland I like to get myself a smooth Ennis Whatley

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

going to an old timey barber (medieval times old timey) and asking for a paul zipser

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
I was in a barbershop in Boston once and the barber was bragging about cutting Brian Scalabrine's hair all the time. No pics on the wall though, so I assume it didn't happen.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Is that action shot against 1-year-from-retirement Kukoc?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

my cousin cuts scalabrine's hair. how bout dem apples????

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

dokmo posted:

I was in a barbershop in Boston once and the barber was bragging about cutting Brian Scalabrine's hair all the time. No pics on the wall though, so I assume it didn't happen.

He never said they were good haircuts

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1355329378125807616?s=20

Crosspost/repost for the version with the Eric Collins freakout

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

morestuff posted:

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1355329378125807616?s=20

Crosspost/repost for the version with the Eric Collins freakout

Lamelo has figured out that no one can laugh at his bad shooting if all of his points come from tip-ins

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Marvin. Bagley.
https://twitter.com/YahooSportsNBA/status/1355325879795109889

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

Those ankles look pre-broken.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tyrese Haliburton
https://twitter.com/CoolbetCanada/status/1355340596160815107

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Neither JJ or Hayes are playing tonight so I wonder if they are being protected for a trade.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
It's not a poster if they just fly by. Needs to be contact.

:colbert:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MV, Tyrese just named his new dog Ames and he was plugging Crepeville in Sacramento. I love this pandering guy

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Adams had 10 offensive and 10 defensive rebounds tonight and I think that is pretty cool.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The nets won handily tonight by 20 points

Deandre Jordan finished as a -5 for the night lmfao

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

I hate him

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
All right, I'm about ready to get really upset at this Mavs team. They're not even bothering out there and everyone just makes bad decisions constantly.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Metapod posted:

The nets won handily tonight by 20 points

Deandre Jordan finished as a -5 for the night lmfao

they should trade for Al Horford OP

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

jackofarcades posted:

All right, I'm about ready to get really upset at this Mavs team. They're not even bothering out there and everyone just makes bad decisions constantly.

Fire Donnie Nelson. Just because he did the obvious right move and got Luka doesn't mean the team should keep him. Maybe fire Carlisle as well.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I’d suggest the usual trade for Rozier but the Mavs don’t actually have any draft picks or interesting young (non-Luka) players