Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Jerami Grant is going to quickly regret signing up to be a tank commander.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

euphronius posted:

No one expected the cavaliers to be good when Lebron left the second time. I never understood why anyone thought the warriors would be good when KD left

Because they went 73-9 without him

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Ivica Zubac managed to be -33 in 16 minutes.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

Who cares what they do if Kyrie is out, though. Like this team is not winning in the playoffs without Kyrie. Worrying about how they win without him is pointless.

When he says "out," I believe he also means "on the bench"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Neither of those are Poku!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

jackofarcades posted:

Your way too early MIP candidates:

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Christian Wood
Markelle Fultz
Collin Sexton
Josh Jackson
Lonzo Ball
OG Anunoby
Kyle Kuzma
Gary Trent, Jr

Probably missing about 10 guys

I maintain that Fultz should’ve gotten it last year for going from “maybe forgot how to play basketball” to functional NBA player.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bip Roberts posted:

whats the deal with most of the national games being put on NBATV for the next week (at least)?

Bowl season?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I thought most college teams cancelled their seasons?

lmao no. College football has been a weekly trainwreck but it hasn’t stopped. The playoff starts Friday.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

morestuff posted:

Still kind of sad May never worked out, he had one pretty good year in Charlotte then injuries hit and he ate his way out the league.

I'm looking at the B-Ref page for that '06-'07 Bobcats team, and even though they stunk it's still interesting to see what a crossroads the league was at. You've got Gerald Wallace as a do-everything undersized power forward next to Emeka Okafor as an old-school boards-and-blocks center. There's a bunch of random imports like Primož Brezec and Walter Hermann when that suddenly became popular. Matt Carroll was one of the first major D League call-ups and a guy that basically just shot threes for a living. Rookie seasons for Adam Morrison and future takemaster Ryan Hollins.

I'm pretty sure that was the first team I actually watched game-to-game and it really set the tone for the next 20 years in Charlotte

Brezec and Herrmann ruled as end of the bench guys in Detroit. They were big hypemen and clearly best friends on the team.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Athanatos posted:

Wait De'Aaron Fox's dad name is Aaron Fox?

Of Aaron Fox

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

jackofarcades posted:

(lebron james kid voice) Luka Doncic

edit: the ratio here

https://twitter.com/DuncanSmithNBA/status/1347420807853694976

The ratio here is favorable to Duncan?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

Steven Adams is the most deceptively young guy in the league, he has been 27 for like 15 years

The Derrick Favors of Oceania

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/joeydevine/status/1349895180040642560?s=21

https://twitter.com/joeydevine/status/1349896682050228229?s=21

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

verbal enema posted:

lets get this poo poo done

what the gently caress is an svg

A Stan Van Gundy file

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

dokmo posted:

today i learned that there is a spanish language chicago bulls podcast. like there's apparently people in uruguay and honduras that care about what's going on with the bulls.

It makes sense in a city where a third of the population speaks Spanish but the rest of that must be all Jordan-era remnants.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Veryslightlymad posted:

^^^^Edit: It turns out there was a second girl in the Phoenix Suns story.

~~~~~~~
The best bits of Inside the NBA were never the basketball analysis.

Analysts always seem negative. Who is genuinely excited by basketball that works next to it? Doris Burke? Anyone else?

Hubie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I remember KJ McDaniels

And his mom

Who can forget when the Rockets put him in a game specifically to foul Andre Drummond six times