Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much are you going to tip your landlord this Christmas?
10%
20%
30%
40%
50%
Over 50%
View Results

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I'm gonna let him continue to use the spare room for all his junk and he takes money off my rent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I bought him a nice piece of yellowfin tuna belly.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

before i bought my house i lived in one of those apartment complexes run by a faceless real estate holding company

i tipped the dude who worked at the leasing office though.

i tipped him off to the fact that i wasnt going to be living there and then he got all pissy and said he had to do a walkthrough and hed mark what was damaged out of the deposit.

then quarantine happened and i left the key in the envelope saying i had covid but he was free to check out my apartment like anytime

i dont think he did because he gave me my full deposit back

lol

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

My property management company sent me the lease renewal offer and raised the rent by 10%. I pointed out that I've never missed rent and we've been model tenants and the market doesn't support that much of a raise and they've never done anything even close to that, and they knocked $20 off.

I think we're moving out, but I gotta call my buddy Mao first.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

At first I thought this was a serious Three Olives thread, though someone told me he's reformedsome from his old ways.

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

What kind of stupid jerk tips their landlord? :thunk:

Yeah, and the poll is skewed because there's no "tipped 0%" option.

OP, fellow traveller of LANDMONSTERS.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

my mortgage sits at around 2.2% interest so I guess that's my tip

i'll be my own landlord in 2037 if i'm not dead by then

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Whatever tribute they demand. They're not my landpeer.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
/\ actually, a peer is a type of lord. :goonface:

Regarding the RIDICULOUS poll, 10% of what? Monthly? Yearly? How am I supposed to answer this poo poo?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I may leave the good copper in the walls and, if he’s very nice, I won’t smear my own feces on the walls before I vacate

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
they're not my land EQUAL angryface

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

spouse posted:

My property management company sent me the lease renewal offer and raised the rent by 10%. I pointed out that I've never missed rent and we've been model tenants and the market doesn't support that much of a raise and they've never done anything even close to that, and they knocked $20 off.

I think we're moving out, but I gotta call my buddy Mao first.

lmbo that's exactly why they're raising your rents by 10%. They figure you've been there long enough you're too lazy to move and because you haven't missed rent that means you're rich, and so they think they can take you to the cleaners.

but yeah ring the mao hotline first

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
My landlord is pretty good about not raising rent and fixing things extremely quickly and packed all the poo poo he keeps on the property in one preagreed location and donated a few hundred bucks worth of lumber for my charity project. So I'll probably tip him off and hide him in the basement when the revolution comes.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
My last place tried raising the rent $50/mo with like a month's notice, I tipped them off to that being illegal as gently caress, and by the time the amended "sorry, the rent increase will be in 6 months actually" notice came around, I'd already given them my notice I was leaving. Neighbourhood sucked anyway, I was only living there because it was close to the job I didn't have anymore.
Joke ended up being on me, I had to move during the beginning of the pandemic. Got a sweet discount on my current place that they probably won't offer me again because they know I won't want to move during the pandemic again.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to poop in the elevator and call them on christmas morning and complain about the poop in the elevator. I hope they put me on speaker phone and I ruin their family's christmas with my psycho meltdown

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
I'm more of a gift giver.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i live in one of those gigantic complexes so my landlord is an ever changing cadre of managers none of whom have ever talked to me in 3 years op

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone tip their mail carrier in December? I thought about doing that for the first time but it raises questions. I have USPS, UPS, FedEx, and Amazon trucks that come by. Do I tip them all or just usps?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

LuckyCat posted:

Does anyone tip their mail carrier in December? I thought about doing that for the first time but it raises questions. I have USPS, UPS, FedEx, and Amazon trucks that come by. Do I tip them all or just usps?

I work for Fedex and we're not "allowed" to take tips or gifts but given the complete shitshow we've dealt with for the last 8 months, it might be nice to leave out some snacks or drinks or something.

Also yes tip them all because they're all dealing with the same poo poo.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

TheAardvark posted:

i live in one of those gigantic complexes so my landlord is an ever changing cadre of managers none of whom have ever talked to me in 3 years op

"That's the third building manager to go missing in two years. Weird."

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

This tip:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Tip your amazon driver a pitchfork.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A Fancy Hat posted:

I work for Fedex and we're not "allowed" to take tips or gifts but given the complete shitshow we've dealt with for the last 8 months, it might be nice to leave out some snacks or drinks or something.

Also yes tip them all because they're all dealing with the same poo poo.

Well, I set the money out by my door so I wouldn't forget, and then remembered my house has COVID so I'm gonna go ahead and save the tipping until January.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
A gobby

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

BigBadSteve posted:

Yeah, and the poll is skewed because there's no "tipped 0%" option.

This. I can't imagine tipping my landlord for any reason. MAYBE I'd tip the super, if he donated an organ to me or something.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
i remember my parents giving christmas gifts, usually foods of various kinds, to their super

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Love the buried lede.

Can someone remember to save a spot on the wall for this chick, preferably next to their family.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Outrail posted:

Love the buried lede.

Can someone remember to save a spot on the wall for this chick, preferably next to their family.

Pfft, like landlords are important enough to get the wall. They get the field and a mass grave and can be happy were not charging them rent for the space.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Vince MechMahon posted:

Pfft, like landlords are important enough to get the wall. They get the field and a mass grave and can be happy were not charging them rent for the space.

dang thats edgy

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

FatCow posted:

I'm more of a gift giver.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Methanar posted:

dang thats edgy

Go tongue your landlords rear end if it bothers you so much.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

Go tongue your landlords rear end if it bothers you so much.

how would that help

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Methanar posted:

dang thats edgy

No, they get the blunt shovel.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Every landlord should get the tip of a guillotine for Christmas, god bless

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

LuckyCat posted:

I certainly did this year. I don't know when our regular post lady last had a day off as she was even delivering post on Sunday and looks completely shattered all the time.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

how would that help

Might make you feel better.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I rent out a house to a nice young couple and while I enjoy them building equity for me, I'm thinking about getting out of the whole arrangement though because if I took all that house equity and instead put it into TSLA I'd make more money. Most of the money made being a landlord is property appreciation and its not just happening for me.

I recently refinanced the mortgage on the house to take advantage of the rock-bottom interest rates. I only charge them 350% the mortgage's new interest payment which I think its a fair deal for them in not having to supply a full house down payment and being able to leave on a dime without dealing with the hassle of having to sell the house if they owned it.

It's kind of irritating to have to regularly check the property to make sure it's not being wrecked and going through all the trouble of getting paid in cash. The property taxes are killing me too.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Methanar posted:

I rent out a house to a nice young couple and while I enjoy them building equity for me, I'm thinking about getting out of the whole arrangement though because if I took all that house equity and instead put it into TSLA I'd make more money. Most of the money made being a landlord is property appreciation and its not just happening for me.

I recently refinanced the mortgage on the house to take advantage of the rock-bottom interest rates. I only charge them 350% the mortgage's new interest payment which I think its a fair deal for them in not having to supply a full house down payment and being able to leave on a dime without dealing with the hassle of having to sell the house if they owned it.

It's kind of irritating to have to regularly check the property to make sure it's not being wrecked and going through all the trouble of getting paid in cash. The property taxes are killing me too.

ah, there it is

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
Here's a tip for all the landlords and ladies out there:

Eat poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

Might make you feel better.

Methanar posted:

he's his own landlord, so really he'd be sucking the poo poo straight out of his own rear end in a top hat

which feels p good