Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Now, I know that Lifesavers come in many varieties.
There are mints of various types.
There's even butterscotch lifesavers if you're into that freak-nasty poo poo.
But in original, hard lifesavers, there is the rarest gem of them all, the white 'pineapple' lifesaver.

Anyone who's made or done anything with their life on this stupid gently caress of a planet will tell you that this rarest beast is the best of all the 'savers.

Now I want it explained to me, explicitly, why it was NOT included in the list of flavors of 'Lifesavers Gummies' candy, which, frankly, are otherwise excellent. Having both wonderfully soft gummy texture and very matching flavors to their original counterparts. It's a good candy, and you should try it if you haven't. However, the lack of pineapple enrages me to no end and I spend days thrashing about in a delirium destroying my own home and others, ranting about this issue as I set fire to nearby wood lots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I organized this lack just to spite you.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The pineapple chemicals refuse to be gummy. They have standards.

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
Try lifesavers gummy collisions, there’s a pineapple punch. Admittedly, it’s not pineapple in its purest form, but it’s better than nothing.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
yeah im pretty pissed about it too op

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

For a tasty treat put pineapple life savers on your pizza

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Are these the ones that make you poo poo constantly

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Are these the ones that make you poo poo constantly

i dont need candy to make me poo poo constantly

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Me making GBS threads uncontrollably has NOTHING to do with gummy lifesavers brand candy not including white pineapple flavor in their selection and I'll not take further questions on this.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Just because I eat enough of them to fill my toilet with runny black stool, blood, and cum does NOT mean I don't want sincere answers NOW

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Well here I was in a perfectly fine mood but now I am really loving RILED UP ABOUT THEM LIFESAVERS. Just thinking about the fact that I could have the wonderful flavor of pineapple in a gummy form so’s I don’t cut my mouth all up but BIG CANDY won’t allow it to be so.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Seriously hootin and hollerin over here now.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
No we do not gotta talk about this OP.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
The pineapple lifesavers aren't any rarer than the other ones, your little brother was probably just stealing them all

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

goatface posted:

The pineapple chemicals refuse to be gummy. They have standards.

its this op. the chemical for fake pineapple and the chemical for Gummy react to form Poop molecules. It's a tragedy but what can you do. Topic locked.

Scott Lame
Jan 8, 2014
I think gummy is the real division between Gen X and Gen Y. I grew up eating candy bars and while we did have some gooey crap it was solid American gooey crap like circus peanuts and orange slices. When I got to high school all the younger kids were eating this stuff that glowed in the dark and tasted like rubber erasers.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I feel you OP, one of my favorite candies ever are Sunkist Fruit Gems. The best flavor amongst them were the green lime ones. But a few years ago they updated the lineup, and my beloved green lime was replaced with a foul Blue blueberry. The tanniny bitterness of them was reflected in my soul at this heinous change.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Haribo gold bears are the best pineapple gummy candy but the green is unfortunately apple instead of lime

What I really miss are the Christmas “books” of lifesavers that had like 12 different flavors with maybe one duplicate. Then they got lovely and low effort and stopped putting any good flavors in and by the end it was just a bunch of the original rolls

:pressf:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I'm pretty sure the white ones tasted like poo poo that's my recollection

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Have a Reese's peanut butter cup and cheer up

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Can you even get a tube of lifesavers anymore? Pineapple was good af. The jolly rancher gummies are chronic man. Like the flavor mashup ones. Holy moly. :munch:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Spinz posted:

I'm pretty sure the white ones tasted like poo poo that's my recollection

Spinz posted:

Have a Reese's peanut butter cup and cheer up

:hmmyes:

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Finally, somebody with the courage and character to stand up to the Wrigley division of Mars, Incorporated. I'm with you 100%

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Sorry that you're pineable to get your candy's op

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think I prefer foam over gummy tbh

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Could go for some gummies right now tbh

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

tropical lifesavers kicked rear end and now they dont make them anymore, also they changed lime to watermelon, in short gently caress you lifesavers

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Life hack: You can use gummy Life Savers as an impromptu cock ring

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Life hack: You can use gummy Life Savers as an impromptu cock ring

Wait, they have another purpose besides cock ring?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wedding proposals. If you get refused you still have a tasty treat.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
I'm concerned that the gummy Lifesavers, due to their flexible shape, will fail to maintain their structural integrity and unlike the hard version, will not save your life if you choke on one. Has the Lifesavers corporation ever addressed this?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Sucrose posted:

I'm concerned that the gummy Lifesavers, due to their flexible shape, will fail to maintain their structural integrity and unlike the hard version, will not save your life if you choke on one. Has the Lifesavers corporation ever addressed this?

no. they all choked to death on their terribly unsafe product

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It is due to the croc 2 tie-in, croc was deathly allergic to pineapple.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is that in the lore book or were there hints in the game?

subpar_haircut
Jan 25, 2010

The gummy Lifesavers used to come wrapped in a little plastic tray but now they come all loose in a bag and I’M PISSED

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
If you choke on a gummi lifesaver you’re hosed but if one gets stuck in your rectum it’s ok, the poop will go right through it like another sphincter.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
op I just tried sour lifesavers gummies. honestly a very solid showing and I’d put them in the top tier of sour candy. no pineapple, tho

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Thank you for sharing this information. I too have had these and enjoyed them.
IN GENERAL LifeSavers Brand Gummy Candies get a passing and recommended with reservations grade with the caveat that there's no loving pineapple which remains an affront to God and Man. Barring that, consume them.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
doesnt make a spark when you bite it: not a real lifesavers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Big Beef City posted:

Now, I know that Lifesavers come in many varieties.
There are mints of various types.
There's even butterscotch lifesavers if you're into that freak-nasty poo poo.
But in original, hard lifesavers, there is the rarest gem of them all, the white 'pineapple' lifesaver.

Anyone who's made or done anything with their life on this stupid gently caress of a planet will tell you that this rarest beast is the best of all the 'savers.

Now I want it explained to me, explicitly, why it was NOT included in the list of flavors of 'Lifesavers Gummies' candy, which, frankly, are otherwise excellent. Having both wonderfully soft gummy texture and very matching flavors to their original counterparts. It's a good candy, and you should try it if you haven't. However, the lack of pineapple enrages me to no end and I spend days thrashing about in a delirium destroying my own home and others, ranting about this issue as I set fire to nearby wood lots.

I put pineapple savers on pizza