Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Hello, and welcome to the fantasy hockey thread for the 2020-2021 NHL season, where bad taste gets blown up at center ice by no taste. Here's the same poo poo I post every year:

Websites to Play On:
Yahoo! Sports: http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/
ESPN: http://games.espn.go.com/frontpage/hockey
CBC: http://hockeypool.cbc.ca/cbc/hnicp12/notice
CBS: http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyhockey

I think almost everyone uses Yahoo for their leagues. All my dumbass leagues auto renewed which I hate because I like to at least gatekeep invites ever so slightly by having people confirm that they're playing by clicking an email and opening a few links. I might ask for confirmation or something for the people who auto renewed. Obviously with the HHL I'll need keepers from all players.

Goon Leagues
I only added the leagues I am active in - please let me know if you want yours added to the OP.

Long Stick League: (11th Season) - Commissioner (T-Bone) - Open Spots (7ish)
Site: Yahoo!
Live draft on 1/11 @ 7:30 pm EST
Invite: By email.
Draft Type: Live
Reigning Champion: Season suspended due to plague, Eichel65 I guess?
Teams: 20
Scoring: H2H
Roster Positions: C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, W, W, F, D, D, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
Goaltender Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Saves (SV), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Hockiest Hockey League: (10th Season) Commissioner (T-Bone) - Open Spots (4ish)
Live draft on 1/12 @ 7:30 pm EST
Invite: By email.
Draft Type: Live (AUCTION/KEEPER LEAGUE)
Reigning Champion: Season suspended due to plague, Dumb and Dumba I guess?
Teams: 14
Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)

LOLHL: (14th Season)- Commissioner (waxluthor) - Open Spots (?)
Live draft on ?
Reigning Champion: ?
Teams: 14
Roster Positions: C, C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, D, D, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
Goaltender Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%)

Toe Knee Hand's keeper league (2nd Season) - Commissioner (Toe Knee Hand)
?

Aye Doc's no transaction league (2nd season) - Commissioner (Aye Doc) - Open Spots (8ish)
Live draft on ?
Invite: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/69144/invitation?key=fc3eef971786cd58&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=f6b80ed9f94ce757
Teams: 16
Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, W, W, F, F, D, D, D, D, D, D, D, D, Util, Util, G, G, G, G
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Saves (SV), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Federal League
RIP DENIS LEMIEUX

Other Useful Sites To Look At
http://www.leftwinglock.com/starting-goalies
http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nhl/hockey
http://bleacherreport.com/fantasy-hockey
http://www.dobberhockey.com/

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Dec 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'd like into LSL please, if possible

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'll try to get a list of ineligible keepers up ASAP for the HHL. Reminder that you can not have a player on your roster for more than three seasons and that keeper cost is last year's draft cost + 20% rounded up.

The auto renewal is really annoying for the LSL because I hate having inactive teams (at least with the HHL I can boot/replace teams that don't post keepers). I'm tempted to make everyone post here or on the league forum on Yahoo. Would that be too much in these trying times?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
My buddy and me are both in for HHL.

I have been really sucking the past few years, but maybe this year will change?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Back for LSL and I am absolutely declaring myself the defending champ.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Maybe I'll just boot the teams who had like no activity in the LSL last year, that seems easier.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Also, do you have a spreadsheet or something where it shows who is ineligible? I always find it difficult to figure out.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

If there is room in HHL I’d like to get into a keeper league. Down for LOLHL again.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

T-Bone posted:

Hockiest Hockey League: (10th Season) :
Reigning Champion: Season suspended due to plague, Dumb and Dumba I guess?

How dare you rob me of my hard-earned asterisk.

e: also, I'm in.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Dec 22, 2020

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Back for LSL.

Would like in on the keeper league if possible

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I haven't played fantasy in a few years, if LSL has an open spot then sign me up please!

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008
Back for LSL!

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Twin Cinema posted:

Also, do you have a spreadsheet or something where it shows who is ineligible? I always find it difficult to figure out.

I'll put one together soon.

For those wanting LSL/HHL spots, for the LSL I'll need to go through and see if I need to boot any auto renewed managers, and for the HHL it will probably be based on who doesn't submit their keepers in a timely fashion.

Ugh auto renew sucks. I wonder if there's a way to cancel teams and resend the invites without everything getting hosed

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
The LSL/HHL drafts are real late; I have to be up for work at 4:30 in the morning usually, any chance we could move them to 7 or 8 instead?

Also I'm back in LSL as Roopin' on the Hintz and HHL as NYPDO Blues (at least until I change the names).

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Back in HHL and LSL, names TBD

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

mentholmoose posted:

The LSL/HHL drafts are real late; I have to be up for work at 4:30 in the morning usually, any chance we could move them to 7 or 8 instead?

Also I'm back in LSL as Roopin' on the Hintz and HHL as NYPDO Blues (at least until I change the names).

Yeah if that works for everyone else I can do earlier.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
:siren: Alright apologies for this but I just deleted all the auto-renews and resent the invites. This will give me a better idea of how many opens spots I actually have for those interested in joining, thanks. :siren:

So please check your emails and renew!

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Back in and renamed to Bone-Thugs-N-Hamonic

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Back in LSL as Dzingle All the Way

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
In LSL as Eichel 65, name change pending.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Send me invite again

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Foehammer007 posted:

Send me invite again

what was your team name and in what league

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/69144/invitation?key=fc3eef971786cd58&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=f6b80ed9f94ce757

here's my league invitation. there's like 9? spots open right now, I auto-renewed everyone who was in last year just because. having a spot auto-draft isn't a big deal, since it's a league with NO TRANSACTIONS. you just DRAFT and that's it, you see who wins in 4 months. it's fun!

e: also I am back for both LSL and HHL, Finely Ground Kunin and Zuckin & Faulkin respectively. I finally dumped my team out of LOLHL, 3 seasons after having originally planning to

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Dec 24, 2020

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Wait did waxluthor send out the renewal for LOL and I missed it?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

mentholmoose posted:

Wait did waxluthor send out the renewal for LOL and I missed it?

i didn't see a renewal but when i signed into the front page of yahoo fantasy, it gave me an option to Ignore the league

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

i didn't see a renewal but when i signed into the front page of yahoo fantasy, it gave me an option to Ignore the league

Oh, ok. You're missing out, though, LOL is a fun league. Helps that I won it last year in roto form, but w/e.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Awesome, I'm back in for HHL and I can take advantage of some cheap keepers, to my knowledge. I have to remember some stuff, and a spreadsheet of who is eligible would be great - although I know I can have Heiskanen and Shesterkin for really cheap!

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I think all of my keepers in HHL are still eligible but I'm not 100% sure

Edit:
David Pastrnak - $101-$121 (first time keeper)
Brayden Point - $3-$4 (I think this is his last eligible keeper season)
Kyle Connor - $18-$22 (second year keeping)
Thatcher Demko - $1-$2 (first time keeper)

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Dec 28, 2020

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Its been like 5 years since I thought about last season so I could be wrong about eligibility, but my keepers for Dumb and Dumba are going to be:

Cale Makar $49 -> $59
Anders Lee $2 (previously kept) -> $3
Mikael Backlund $1 (FA) -> $2
Elvis Merzlikins $10 (off waivers) -> $12

Pretty slim pickins.

e: Switching out Pageau for Kuemper
e. Switching out Kuemper for Merzlikins

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 8, 2021

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I should have like 5-7 spots in the LSL and 2-4 spots in the HHL so PM me your email and the league you'd like to join if you're interested.

They're both competitive and active but the HHL is a bit more nerdy given that it's a keeper auction league.

e: for the HHL if you're interested in joining you'll be given a previous team's roster to pick keepers from.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Dec 28, 2020

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

How can I check what the dollar value of my players was last year so I can select keepers before Jan 2?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
unless i have any eligibility issues here (don't think I do) I'm going to have to rock with:

boeser: $30 -> $36
giordano: $12 -> $15 (waivers)
sergachev: $7 -> $9
weber: $1 -> $2 (FA)

really pumped to keep 3 d because all my forwards blow or cost a billion dollars

e: pretty sure giordano's cost is what i bid on him off waivers, not what he was drafted at by whoever dropped him, right?

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 28, 2020

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

T-Bone posted:

I should have like 5-7 spots in the LSL and 2-4 spots in the HHL so PM me your email and the league you'd like to join if you're interested.

They're both competitive and active but the HHL is a bit more nerdy given that it's a keeper auction league.

e: for the HHL if you're interested in joining you'll be given a previous team's roster to pick keepers from.

PM'd on Discord for HHL.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

fawning deference posted:

How can I check what the dollar value of my players was last year so I can select keepers before Jan 2?

https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/2019/hockey/29455/draftresults?drafttab=team

if they're not on there it's probably $1->$2 (there were a few FAAB acquisitions where this wouldn't be the case though)

I'll send the invites to the people who pmed me soon, thanks guys.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Oh my god I spent $81 on PK Subban and $15 on Corey Schneider.

How do I know if players are eligible in terms of how many years? I only joined last season.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Keepers for Sex Scandella (formerly NYPDO Blues):

Mark Stone ($11 -> $14)
John Carlson ($28 -> $34)
Ilya Samsonov ($1 -> $2)
Tony DeAngelo ($1 -> $2)

I know Samsonov and DeAngelo are eligible, I think Stone and Carlson are as well.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

fawning deference posted:

Oh my god I spent $81 on PK Subban and $15 on Corey Schneider.

How do I know if players are eligible in terms of how many years? I only joined last season.

you can keep a player twice, so players that you kept last year (whether you want to keep any of them or not) would be in their final season of eligibility.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Changed my mind about keeping Pageau, going to go with Kuemper instead. Furious that I dropped Jarry a couple days before everything shut down (I think he was a free agent pickup), but moves must always be made.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Hmm. I have some hard choices to make. How many do we get, four?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Ya.