Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

genericuser
Mar 1, 2007

[insert clever comment here]

Hi all

I occasionally work with someone with Dwarfism. They are pretty chill and funny but Iím never sure how to act when speaking. Iím well over 6ft and have tended to crouch down but Iím not sure if this is rude. The person is approx 4ft 5.

Any advice please? Am I overthinking this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ask your co-worker what they prefer instead of random people on the internet.

Weka
May 5, 2019

And if you gaze long into an abyss, you will say `look, no ring.`

Wear a false beard, and depending on your workplace, carry an axe. This will set them at ease.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

Keep your body completely vertical and align your head as you were looking directly at the face of your identical twin but give the little person acknowledgement by only directing your glance down at them with your ocular system.

Klaaz
Sep 23, 2003

The ones I know loving hate it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Just pick them up and cradle them like a baby.

FlickingFire
Nov 8, 2011

No I think you should just be normal OP

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Just pick them up and cradle them like a baby.

Also be sure to tussle his hair at the conclusion of every conversation

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Dont forget to ask how the weather is down there! They love that!

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.

Pillbug

genericuser
Mar 1, 2007

[insert clever comment here]

Well, I got my answer and am suitably humbled.

RadicalTranslation
Jan 26, 2021

I mean the obvious answer is no. Either talk to that standing up or preferably find a chair and talk to them sitting down (even better if they have a chair too).

bees everywhere
Nov 18, 2002

genericuser posted:

Well, I got my answer and am suitably humbled.

Don't feel bad, I'm glad you posted this thread. I get a nice chuckle every time I see the title as I'm scrolling by.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

RadicalTranslation posted:

I mean the obvious answer is no. Either talk to that standing up or preferably find a chair and talk to them sitting down (even better if they have a chair too).

no no, you've got this wrong, the chair is for the other person to stand on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

TheBuilder posted:

Keep your body completely vertical and align your head as you were looking directly at the face of your identical twin but give the little person acknowledgement by only directing your glance down at them with your ocular system.