Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

goatface posted:

Are you suggesting we restrict people's forums background to being the skin tone extracted from a submitted representative photo?

Why you gotta bring a gun to a knife fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Play posted:

That's dim mode. I'm afraid you're already there

No can do sir. I just googled dim and I can’t find it on the map.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Throw a spoonful of ice cream at your monitor. A la mode.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Fartington Butts posted:

Throw a spoonful of ice cream at your monitor. A la mode.

But my dad told me ice cream makes me fat.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Only if you throw it in the mirror, monitors are fine

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

hell astro course posted:

please make dark mode, and make a little toggle switch thing that you slide back and forth, and please also call it dork mode and please don't make me install third party software. Please put it in user settings.

Please do this.

Haha I will never do this

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

YOSPOS is the only subforum to master dorkdarkmode

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Drew Curtis's Fark mode looking so swell

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

lol @ people still thinking about some new era bullshit, meet the new management its just the same as the old without wife beatings.

Tinkering around with that blue bar for about an afternoon was all the changes you people will ever see.

Removing that dead baby replicas link from the front page is too much to ask and you guys dream about an complete style sheet overhaul lmao

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Wait what's wrong with the dead baby replicas link

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Fagmaster posted:

lol @ people still thinking about some new era bullshit, meet the new management its just the same as the old without wife beatings.

Tinkering around with that blue bar for about an afternoon was all the changes you people will ever see.

Removing that dead baby replicas link from the front page is too much to ask and you guys dream about an complete style sheet overhaul lmao

I mean you can just not post here

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Fagmaster posted:

Wow, look at this grimdark mode post

they added search to smilies which was a very welcome change

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Dark mode that works with SALR please

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Looks like the goat man opened his rear end in a top hat up on my beautiful thread.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Has dark mode?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
flip mode is the squiddod

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Flipmode is the greatest.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I demand Light Mode, where every color is #EEEEEE or brighter

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I loving hate vampires

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I Goog'd this very issue and found someone in the January version of this thread recommend the Chrome extension "Dark Reader" and THIS IS EVERYTHING I HAVE EVER WANTED, I AM SO SAD I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT IT BEFORE

NO MORE LIGHTS

ALL DARKNESS FOREVER

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Was dark mode or wasn't dark mode? That is the heart of the matter

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

The heart of darkmode

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Democracy dies in darkmode. Vote while you can.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

What about a barkmode, for dogs

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE
Why is everyone resisting the creation of the dark mode?
Why must you ever fight, fight the creation of the dark mode?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Give us full control panel access to every single element of the design. I want to pick my favourite font, colour scheme, gutter width and default emote scaling.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh?hl=en-US

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Dunno what that one dude's problem is, but official dark mode support is definitely on the radar. There are some more serious backend issues that need to be addressed first, and with good workarounds for dark mode available it unsurprisingly isn't the highest priority.

Here's a link to some good recent chat in the Firefox thread about some dark mode options in the meantime:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3431449&pagenumber=300#post510771824

If anyone is curious about semi-recent forums changes in general, there's a changelog linked at the bottom of each forum page which gets updated every so often, and I plan to soon create a changelog thread in the technical forum for people who want to easily keep up with the latest and greatest updates that haven't yet made it into the official changelog (like fixing quoting: in search, or making the goon banner list page visible without people needing to mess with their adblocker). :)

edit: Made the recent changes thread.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

bagual fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 26, 2020

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
Imagine not being on dark mode

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
All I want is a big tittied goth dead gay web forum....

:sigh:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Fartington Butts posted:

Dark Mode is when Robin says "gently caress Batman" in the teen titans trailer.

As a transitive verb?

I am very disappointed that it's page two and I'm the first person to say that OP could turn their monitor off and enter dork mode. Each half of this joke has sat side by side, uncombined and unfunny.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SleepySonata posted:

Imagine not being on dark mode

i have to flip if off occasionally on random sites/forms i have to fill out

its horrible

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Maybe just get text to speech readers you big babies

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Bronze Fonz posted:

There's a gazillion dark mode extensions for whatever browser you use, if it's Chrome it's a one-click install once you turn off dork mode.

These are always garbage, I've tried many. They break pages and are always either on for all sites, and you then have to make exceptions for each site, or off for everything.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

If you stare at the sun, you can unlock dark mode for RL

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Icochet posted:

Democracy dies in darkmode. Vote while you can.

Yes. Also light mode is the best disinfectant...

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

astral posted:

Dunno what that one dude's problem is, but official dark mode support is definitely on the radar. There are some more serious backend issues that need to be addressed first, and with good workarounds for dark mode available it unsurprisingly isn't the highest priority.

Here's a link to some good recent chat in the Firefox thread about some dark mode options in the meantime:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3431449&pagenumber=300#post510771824

If anyone is curious about semi-recent forums changes in general, there's a changelog linked at the bottom of each forum page which gets updated every so often, and I plan to soon create a changelog thread in the technical forum for people who want to easily keep up with the latest and greatest updates that haven't yet made it into the official changelog (like fixing quoting: in search, or making the goon banner list page visible without people needing to mess with their adblocker). :)

edit: Made the recent changes thread.

Imagine doing a serious post do a mild thread.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Into The Mild posted:

:cheersdoge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Into The Mild posted:

I was serious about your monitor.