Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Bouillon Rube posted:

Dude if you’re gonna go after the mother of Horus you’re gonna need more than a pair of over/under bird shotguns

Well, in fairness, those look like trap or skeet guns. They're usually nicely balanced, and good for swinging and hitting moving targets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Frosty Slaw Man

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

I don't like that sign because they spelled SEUSS wrong.

I thought their way of spelling it was cute.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress anybody who hates cheese balls

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Don't gently caress anybody who hates cheese balls

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

pacerhimself posted:

:yeah:

The Bloop posted:

Don't gently caress anybody who hates cheese balls

:yeah:

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I've never tried one honestly

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

pacerhimself posted:

I just don't think they should have mayo

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

Revins posted:

I've never tried one honestly

if they're refrigerated, usually there is a little knife and you slice off a bit for your cracker, or if they've been warmed a little by someone transporting to the party, you can slice a bit with your cracker, I find they work a little better with Wheat Thins (a tough scraping cracker) rather than Ritz (crumble too easily if the ball isn't just under room temp) like in the pic.

cheese balls as an appetizer are fuckin great.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I just don't think they should have mayo

I'm with you here, the ones with a almonds on the outside, real sharp cheddar, cream cheese, cloves or green onions, and a slight bit of sour cream for spreadability are the heat.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Apr 12, 2021

having fun posting
Feb 22, 2021
The cheese balls I would have as a kid at the holidays had five ingredients: cheddar cheese, cream cheese, onion (more vegetable content than many Americana faves), Tabasco sauce (maybe 1 drop; I think this was purchased specifically for the cheese ball due to the belief that eating spicy foods would cause ones trachea to close which would then require paramedics to be called), and walnuts on the outside.

Cheese ball on Triscuits is an A+ snack

edit: I took too long to write the recipe and didn't see the one above me. Almonds vs. walnuts must be a key geographic variation in the cheese ball

having fun posting fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Apr 12, 2021

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

having fun posting posted:

Cheese ball on Triscuits is an A+ snack

The original stabbin cracker. Plus they have those divots for the cheese to enter, like syrup on a waffle. Oh and if you're feeling froggy you can add a ranch/thousand-island/russian/italian dressing packet from the local IGA/Ingles/Kroger/Piggly Wiggly to the mix to give it a particular flavor.

E:

having fun posting posted:

edit: I took too long to write the recipe and didn't see the one above me. Almonds vs. walnuts must be a key geographic variation in the cheese ball

Either or, and I've seen pecans added to "sweet" variations as well.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Apr 12, 2021

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006
quote isn't edit

Yo to give this meaningless post something of content, if you see a cheeseball at your next holiday party? Give it a try. If you live outside the US? Try making one and a spread of crackers for said party, you'll probably be surprised how popular it gets because goddamn, cheeseballs are delicious.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Apr 12, 2021

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

zedprime posted:

Bonus to help you put it all together

Me: Our budget for Sysco licensing and support is $400k this year
Boss: Sounds about right for network hardware
Me: yessss....

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Cheese anybody who hates gently caress balls

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i remember these ugly things being present at all our Christmas gatherings when i was a kid.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

uber_stoat posted:

i remember these ugly things being present at all our Christmas gatherings when i was a kid.

Blessings of Nurgle be upon you

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

That lady looks absolutely devastated to be eating a donut

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Cheese anybody who hates gently caress balls

:piss:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Play posted:

That lady looks absolutely devastated to be eating a donut

She looks like a Tom goes to the mayor character

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

She’s like my late grandmother who’s really enjoying the donut but any outward display of any kind of joy would be a catastrophic sign of weakness.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Aardvark! posted:

most of them don't have colorful descriptions but lol

I can't get over how much bars/restaurants are charging for wings these days. Used to be able to go anywhere and get them for ten cents a piece for the longest time.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

WescottF1 posted:

I can't get over how much bars/restaurants are charging for wings these days. Used to be able to go anywhere and get them for ten cents a piece for the longest time.

:agreed:

It's bullshit. It's like $1 per wing at the cheapest. And wings are one of the cheapest cuts of meat.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

One time I ate Ike's Wings at Pok Pok in Portland and that poo poo had me seeing the lord almighty. It's fried fish sauce wings. Ridiculous.

https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/ikes-vietnamese-fish-sauce-wings

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 12, 2021

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Pennywise the Frown posted:

:agreed:

It's bullshit. It's like $1 per wing at the cheapest. And wings are one of the cheapest cuts of meat.

Petition to add wings to the CPI tool for calculating inflation.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

No, I don't think I will

That reminds me though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHP83vJ8Wr4

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

No.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Looking at the hand holding it up it doesn't look that big. I could eat that. Kind of worried about the fried ball in the top. Is that just a huge rear end curd?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

"Big Milwaukee Challenge" could mean so loving many different things

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hello friends.
Have you ever found yourself in the middle of Milwaukee and thought, "you know what I need? More of this."

Well good news. Now it's bigger and more of a challenge to you than ever before.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Big Beef City posted:

Hello friends.
Have you ever found yourself in the middle of Milwaukee and thought, "you know what I need? More of this."

Well good news. Now it's bigger and more of a challenge to you than ever before.

Oh yeah buddy? You know drat well about Sobelman's in Milwaukee.

And as Wisconsin tradition, you will notice a small child sitting at the bar.

Their bloody mary's are really good though. I had one that was somewhat normal sized. TONS of vodka in it. Those guys know what's up.

edit: Apparently Sobelman is a chud so they can eat my dick. The bloody mary's are a gimmick. Albeit, a fun one.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 12, 2021

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

One time I ate Ike's Wings at Pok Pok in Portland and that poo poo had me seeing the lord almighty. It's fried fish sauce wings. Ridiculous.

https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/ikes-vietnamese-fish-sauce-wings

Savor your memories, because Pok Pok permanently closed all their locations a few months ago. :(

However, they're so popular that I have a hard time believing there won't be some copycats who pop up making the exact same wings as soon as the world properly reopens.

Some people claim it's just tourist poo poo but I love those wings.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

*extremely tommy lee jones voice* "I always knew you had to be willing to die to even do this job – not to be glorious. But I don’t want to push my chips forward and go out and meet something I don’t understand."

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Tip posted:

Savor your memories, because Pok Pok permanently closed all their locations a few months ago. :(

However, they're so popular that I have a hard time believing there won't be some copycats who pop up making the exact same wings as soon as the world properly reopens.

Some people claim it's just tourist poo poo but I love those wings.

:(

It's street food, right? It SHOULD* be fairly straightforward to make. I will make some in Ike's/Andy's honor.

*lol

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i had never considered using fish sauce as a base for wings but now i am intrigued.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

:(

It's street food, right? It SHOULD* be fairly straightforward to make. I will make some in Ike's/Andy's honor.

*lol

https://www.pdxmonthly.com/eat-and-drink/2013/10/make-pok-poks-famous-wings-at-home-october-2013

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

WescottF1 posted:

I remember a couple places near me that had them for 5 cents each on some nights.
One bar had a deal for a pitcher (of cheap domestic piss) and 100 wings for 10:canada: bux. This was the late 90s.

Though if I recall correctly, wings seemed to be a lot smaller back then maybe. Still doesn't justify poo poo like "GREAT DEAL ON WINGS 12.95 FOR (8 Wings) A POUND!!!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Awesome! :yaybutt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

I remember a couple places near me that had them for 5 cents each on some nights.
One bar had a deal for a pitcher (of cheap domestic piss) and 100 wings for 10:canada: bux. This was the late 90s.

Though if I recall correctly, wings seemed to be a lot smaller back then maybe. Still doesn't justify poo poo like "GREAT DEAL ON WINGS 12.95 FOR (8 Wings) A POUND!!!

The bar I frequented mostly during the early parts of that time - 1991-1994ish - also had $3.50 domestic pitchers. Later in the decade, the other bar I hung out at a lot had a special every Wednesday of $0.10 wings (later $0.25) and dollar pints. Their wings were bigger and it was still a great bargain.