Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

joke's on them. i won't be home because i'm currently traveling around murdering people who don't make authentic chicago style hot dogs

Way ahead of you.

First gotta throw a trashcan through the window of this "chicago deep dish" restaurant here in Japan that puts so much sugar in the tomato sauce it tastes like a desert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Getting precious about the laziest possible concoction is pure Philly. Throw up on a toddler on purpose, whip a battery at Santa Claus and eat a fistful of dumb. Philadelphia!

You forgot about the murder of Hitchbot

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
some Israeli Americana

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
:catstare:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Outrail posted:

If they leave the state they'll lose their seal of authenticity.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Could go for a philly rn

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
going to go on a scavenger hunt for the worst looking backwater, iowa philly i can find

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
just like in philly!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
lol @ the ketchup juuuust peaking out

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/sarahmhop/status/1392510315795996673?s=20

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
If you put mayo and ketchup on a cheesesteak you’re gonna eat something else…a knuckle sandwich!!!

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I was just gonna post this image until I noticed the URL Google pulled it from was CBS News...

Hot Pocket fans may want to check their freezers. Some steak and cheese varieties of the popular frozen foods are being recalled by Nestle USA due to a previously announced recall by a California company of meat deemed “unfit for human food.”

The products in question are Hot Pockets brand Philly Steak and Cheese in three different pack sizes and Hot Pockets brand Croissant Crust Philly Steak and Cheese.

Those varieties contained meat made by the Rancho Feeding Corporation of Petaluma, Calif., a company that recalled more than 8.7 million pounds of meat Feb. 14 because it “processed diseased and unsound animals and carried out these activities without the benefit or full benefit of federal inspection.” 

Now that's some authentic cheesesteak :911:

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Adding a fried egg to a chicago style hotdog is pretty good. Ketchup is still verboden tho.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Tip posted:

I was just gonna post this image until I noticed the URL Google pulled it from was CBS News...

Hot Pocket fans may want to check their freezers. Some steak and cheese varieties of the popular frozen foods are being recalled by Nestle USA due to a previously announced recall by a California company of meat deemed “unfit for human food.”

The products in question are Hot Pockets brand Philly Steak and Cheese in three different pack sizes and Hot Pockets brand Croissant Crust Philly Steak and Cheese.

Those varieties contained meat made by the Rancho Feeding Corporation of Petaluma, Calif., a company that recalled more than 8.7 million pounds of meat Feb. 14 because it “processed diseased and unsound animals and carried out these activities without the benefit or full benefit of federal inspection.” 

Story is from 2014. Pretty sure this is status quo now.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Tip posted:

These or a similar type is what made me forever stop eating hot pockets, the cheese inside was like these snot-beads instead of being melted and tasted like more gelatin that cheese, and I just said enough.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
There are cheesesteaks that come with lettuce tomato onion and mayo. It's called a cheesesteak hoagie and it's a delicious secret that Philly people don't want outsiders to know about because they'll just ruin them somehow.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

There are cheesesteaks that come with lettuce tomato onion and mayo. It's called a cheesesteak hoagie and it's a delicious secret that Philly people don't want outsiders to know about because they'll just ruin them somehow.

The believable lie thread is thataway ———->

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

zedprime posted:

Thank you cheese steak sensei. I was getting really worried someone was going to take me seriously and use chipped round instead for their trash drunk food sandwich.

The first 'philly steak' I ever had outside of the Phila. area was at a bar called Brownie's in Johnstown.

It was a split New York strip on a soft roll.

Folks get super-literal.

Aardvark! posted:

is that a Philly pocket? Would

i was gonna post earlier there's a place here that does a really good philly calzone with green peppers

and "ranch sauce"

RANCH HOSE OPTIONAL, BUT RECOMMENDED

Tip posted:

Fuckin' A, that's unfit for man or beast

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 13, 2021

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Okay how about this sandwich??

It's called a "corned beef special". It's a cold sandwich of corned beef, swiss cheese, cole slaw, and thousand island dressing served on rye bread. This is a Philly area delicacy. You cannot buy this sandwich elsewhere. And that does not make sense. No sense whatsoever. None of those ingredients are unavailable in other places. It's not something where you can say "it's all about the bread".

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

No Philly person will ever get rumbustious and in your face about a corned beef special. And yet, it's a uniquely Philly food item. I don't know why it is, but it is. It's a reuben variant, and reubens exist everywhere. Corned beef specials don't.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A rueben is the superior variant, though.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
How is the cheese melty if it's a cold sandwich?

Also mods rename thread to "Americana.png - The saline tang of the pink flesh."

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

wheatpuppy posted:

Green peppers (all bell peppers, actually) taste like sour mold. I have no idea why anyone willingly eats them.

Some people have the gene that makes cilantro taste like soap, others have the gene which makes their body think certain sources of allium, like the kind in bell peppers, are poison. I love frying onions and peppers up with steak, the smell is loving terrific and glassy onions just rule overall, but if I take an actual bite of green pepper I get the cat-with-hairball dry heaves. It's not fair.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's called a "corned beef special". It's a cold sandwich of corned beef, swiss cheese, cole slaw, and thousand island dressing served on rye bread. This is a Philly area delicacy. You cannot buy this sandwich elsewhere. And that does not make sense. No sense whatsoever. None of those ingredients are unavailable in other places. It's not something where you can say "it's all about the bread".

...I've seen this sandwich sold in many other places than Philly. Source: I've never been to Philly and seen that stupid bitch of a sandwich elsewhere.

Eat a drat rueben like the Lord intended.

Also, I corn my own beef and it's better than any I've purchased elsewhere, so yes, I am aware of the value in having 'the right' ingredients to enjoy said sandwiches.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Big Beef City posted:

I corn my own beef

"kinky"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2ce-zC_n8E

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Big Beef City posted:

...I've seen this sandwich sold in many other places than Philly. Source: I've never been to Philly and seen that stupid bitch of a sandwich elsewhere.

Same. I'm in Florida, and my local deli calls it a 'Philly rueben.'

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Looks like poo poo. Let’s take a good sandwich and make it bad and gross.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Weka posted:

How is the cheese melty if it's a cold sandwich?

Also mods rename thread to "Americana.png - The saline tang of the pink flesh."

That's the Thousand Island dressing. On what is just a cold Reuben with cole slaw instead of sauerkraut. If a deli anywhere in America can't reproduce that for you, it is a shameful deli. The only thing unique to Philadelphia about it is the silly name. It is not special. Philly, you're a nice town, but this sandwich is not a mystery known only to you.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Been having lunch around here since I started this new job. Typical Jersey scene

Only registered members can see post attachments!

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Wow that's beautiful. But have you ever considered if it is worth being potentially hours away from being able to buy a cheap steak sandwich or a substituted Reuben?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
What’s a good place to get a Philly steak in Connecticut

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

zedprime posted:

Wow that's beautiful. But have you ever considered if it is worth being potentially hours away from being able to buy a cheap steak sandwich or a substituted Reuben?

50 minutes to philly, 60 to the city and no shortage of Reuben-competent delis in the local vicinity

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

What’s a good place to get a Philly steak in Connecticut

Any pizza place, they all do it

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Barudak posted:

A rueben is the superior variant, though.

Big Beef City posted:

Eat a drat rueben like the Lord intended.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

kntfkr posted:

Been having lunch around here since I started this new job. Typical Jersey scene

Where are JWOWW and Uncle Nino?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Where are JWOWW and Uncle Nino?

Probably not at the Jersey Shore. This is across the way from my parents' house, 3 miles from Seaside where Snooki was looking for Smush Smush.

I actually got married at the shore and the NJ biker rally was the same exact day so when we went to Spicy's Cantina all hopped up on goofballs for the after-after-party, the Hells Angels and Pagans were there and the section 8 vagrants were hitting on biker chicks and getting into almost fights with the bikers, while my crew was all in formal wear. A pagan bought us all shots. It was fun.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Cythereal posted:

Same. I'm in Florida, and my local deli calls it a 'Philly rueben.'

Right friggin on ya.

What's worse is that I'm in Green Bay, and I've seen it the same here and in Milwaukee.
That be said, you'd be ashamed to see what you can get for a cheesteak around here. - In terms of "drat that's good".

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

How would that even catch on fire?