Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

every town should have a sign height limit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

our cabin had the typical 70s flower print couch well into the new millennium

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

halokiller posted:

These restaurant chain talk reminds me that Luby's recently died as well. It's a cafeteria style place that only old people like and was made fun of in King of the Hill.

lubys is still kicking, there was some confusion because fuddruckers is going under and it was owned by the same guy

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lol they owned captain d's

I went there once and ordered a shrimp po-boy. It was the most bleak and depressing meal I've ever ordered

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I want a 100% serious british pathé style documentary about people who airbrush tailgates

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

am American, can confirm milk is pretty good

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Nova Scotia Canada is most like the UK in terms of weather, I think. Same jet stream effect, maybe less drizzly

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

apologies for the ebaumsworld link, but it's still the only place I can find this classic video absolutely STEEPED in americana

https://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/copenhagen-kid/82012395/

I watch this every few years and can pretty much quote the whole thing

me, I'm from north bunkham

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

mee-maw is for backwoods hicks

ma-maw on the other hand is perfectly respectable

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

Wow, this may be the first time I've seen a picture of kolaches vaguely resembling real koláče.

lotta czechs in central Texas

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

there are multiple Chili's restaurants in Mexico lol

well at least I know I can get a proper chicken bacon ranch quesadilla down there

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Frazzbo posted:

Why does so much American food look so sweaty?

that's the succulence

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

zedprime posted:

Are bitter leaves covered in oil the thread mascot at this point? Besides Howdy! I mean.

Feels like we end up talking brussels sprouts or greens every other week.

yeah every time someone says brussel sprouts are bad (they are), someone comes in with a recipe everyone has already eaten as if it makes them good (it doesn't)

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

bossanova and tromp la monde are both 100% distilled 90s Americana

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

It looks like it has a full bucket seat, I need a picture without someone on it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the rolling over is one thing, the degloving of your calves is another

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Texas was like, part of Mexico for a long time tho

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

sigh

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

*pipes up enthusiastically to proclaim that that is how every burrito is served everywhere in the parts of America I don't approve of personally*

haha I bet milk is too spicy for them!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

those are some smooth beans

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah I went to pancho's a lot as a kid. my record was thirteen sour cream enchiladas, I dare you to challenge me

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

what you think little Mexican flags grow on trees? they're trying to run a business here

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

It's stupid and funny, and has about a million famous people in it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

what happened to dairy queen is one of America's greatest shames

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

uber_stoat posted:

there was a dairy queen near me that had been there for as long as i can remember but within the last few years it closed down. since then a series of small indie restaurants have tried to occupy the space only to fail. it's like trying to build atop a cemetery, beware.

that's how every small town dairy queen is, they clamped down on standardizing everything to be bad a few years back, so the good ones tanked and all that's left are the normal bad ones

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

That's a sauce-agnostic chicken and carb delivery system, squirt any flavor you want in there

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

settle for nothing less than grey poupon

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Philly sandwich fans are brutal

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The Bloop posted:

How I imagine people who care what hand my fork is in or how I cut my steak

yeah I couldn't tell you how anyone cuts up their food

I've seen a bunch of goons waxing on about the work ethic and pedigree of people they saw wearing mismatched socks, too. what a bunch of fuckin NERDS

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

don't feed dogs or goons chicken bones

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

buffalo sauce is all I need

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

seems like the easier solution at this point would be a better car that runs on sustainable electricity, rather than completely changing American infrastructure and culture. it does not make me feel good to post about it on the internet, tho, so it has that going against it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

hmm but have you considered the illinois specialty i just found

they did follow the rule:

if chili, raw onions
if no chili, sauteed onions

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

looks so appetizing, would be perfect with a nice tall glass of milk

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Alfredo is white canned cheese, dumbass

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

There's a fallout shelter sign like that on a building in Honey Grove, TX that I always wanted to steal

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

looking for good eats around Honey Grove and the pickings are slim. They have a Mexican restaurant, but I think all the locals probably just go to the nearby Windom Feed Sack

I have been to the windom feed sack several times

my family has a cabin outside of town, I've been going to honey grove/windom/bonham/paris my whole life and they are all ripe for this thread

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Outrail posted:

Please tell me Paris has a french bakery that makes absolutely terrible croissants.

No just your typical country cafe with locals who stare you down the whole time

There used to be an auction in Paris we would go to that served some primo Frito pie. One time when I was like ten I went to the bathroom at the auction, and there was an entire turd on the toilet seat. I can still see it perfectly in my mind's eye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

I don't work in cooking or have diabetes.
If you read that post without my name on it would you really think "WOW THAT GUY SURE IS FIRED UP HOT drat" or is because you've heard "lmao bbc sure is mad all the time??" And now you're saying it because you read it, and people will see that, read this post and say "Wow bbc sure mad all the time!!"

lol get a load of this guy