Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Professor Latency posted:

Not weird at all. Small town America is very depressing. I grew up in a small town and like 90% of my high school class still live there despite having grand ambitions as a teenager.

I'm sure they're relatively happy or whatever, but small towns are kind of a trap that's very hard to escape when your entire family, friend group and career prospects have never left. And the cycle continues.

Of course this isn't a universal experience, just my Midwest poo poo hole

That's not what the numbers are saying. I've talked to them and they say that rural areas are dying pretty much everywhere in the developed world. The MAGA revolution is basically a last desperate attempt to make these places relevant again before they become totally depopulated wastelands and shooting locations for horror movies about inbred mutants abducting campers or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU