Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

Outrail posted:

The thought of having to clean all those makes my eyes itch. WTF is the point?

Is it bad that I would love to spend a few months lovingly cleaning and cataloging them? My collection is much smaller, and more historic, but I love taking apart, figuring out, and cleaning fire arms.

Edit:
To contribute, here's a picture of one of my old lady's coyote skins over the TV next to a portrait of my dog with a few old guns.

Ironhead fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

Trump Burger, Bellville TX

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

Aardvark! posted:

Jackson County, Texas population: 14k
it has a ghost town, Texana that is now under a reservoir

So this is less than two hours from Houston, and really only about an hour outside of the metro area. I'd never heard of it before, but Matagorda beach nearby is awesome. Now I'm trying to find information on diving the lake. I've only found two mentions of it on a random diving website. It's supposed to be relatively shallow (~40 feet), and silty with poor visibility. According to the park website, you are allowed to swim in the lake, but there is no designated swimming area, and they warn of venomous snakes and gators. I can't find any information on if any of the buildings or structures remain, or if that had been torn down before they built the drat. It sounds like the place was abandoned by the 1880s, and they started the drat in the 1960s.

The girlfriend said she'd come camp the weekend there with me if I wanted to try to dive it, and boy is it tempting. Also probably really dumb.

Edit: I'm not from Texas, but my girlfriend grew up about half an hour from there said she knew about the lake, but had never heard of the town. I'm starting to think there might not be anything there to see and that bums me out.

Ironhead fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 24, 2021

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

How are y'all pulling photos off of Google maps?

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

spookykid posted:

If you go to "report" a photo but don't actually do it, you can snag the images from that page.

God drat, this is great. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

Fruity Pebbles pancakes is a A Thing. My ex was the head chef at a fancy(ish) place in a big city, and that was a thing that rotated through the brunch menu. That might not be a great execution but it's not unknown.

I don't know what it says about me that I would eat almost everything posted ITT.