Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Bronze Fonz posted:

It's a cabane à sucre and it's where you eat some pretty amazing traditional food and lots of maple.

Quebec is a combination of the best parts of Canada with some of the worst parts. It's a beautiful province with a ton of history but it is more racist than Alberta which is saying a lot. There's a strong progressive bent to most of the policies of the province but the ones that are bad are real loving bad.

mikerock fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Bronze Fonz posted:

Yeah, we got it bad racism wise as soon as you leave the city. Not if you ask the average québécois, of course, they'll tell you they're patriotic.

My experience is somewhat out of date from a personal perspective, my mom's family are anglos from Gatineau-Hull, and I've been to Montreal a handful of times. I loved visiting and was able to use my really lovely French to communicate so didn't really experience the anti-Anglo sentiment that I understand was still simmering in the early to mid 2000s after the 90s Referendum. I feel the anti-Anglo sentiments have been replaced by anti-Immigrant sentiments and dialed up to 11, but that's my impression from the West Coast. Montreal is still the only other place in Canada I would live if I had to leave the PNW.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Do it ironically posted:

Also there was one of the flinstone parks in the okanagan as well I remember going to it as a kid

Flintstone Park was in Chilliwack, and it was very very Americana. It's long gone now but the water slides are still there.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Code Jockey posted:

tag yourself

I'm the no camo without a military ID

e. drat it new page

I'm the racism

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Pretty sure almost none of those guns have history other than being recently made AR-15s, the most boring rifle on the planet.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

My ex is from South Jersey and it's the most boring place outside of Delaware (Camden not included in this comparison) I've ever been and I'm not even an American. It's distilled America though in that it's a giant suburb of strip malls, abandoned old industrial infrastructure, and every stereotype of an American you can imagine. I had a misguided dislike of Philly because of my ex's family and once I actually got to hang out in that city after we split I found out just how wrong that opinion was. I hope I never have to go back there (NJ, Philly is great) again.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Good soup! posted:

Man, are we talking south South Jersey like Vineland (ugh) or some poo poo, because I grew up in Burlington County and it aint that bad

Gloucester Township

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

PainterofCrap posted:

Howdy, neighbor! I'm between Deptford & the river

I'm in the PNW getting my balls blasted off by the sun and don't think I'll ever be back in Camden County. I'd love to visit Philly again. Philly is loving awesome.