Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Theotus posted:

So is the Discord just dead? Where are people hanging out to do raids together?

Uh, no? Why would you think the Discord is dead? It's just the bot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
...does that mean you guys are going to mask people waiting in the auth channel, or...?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I guess I'm just missing whatever channel you guys are all talking in.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Had a cheater on my map for the first time, or at least the first time it was noticeable. It was on Customs of all places, but every container and jacket had been looted while all the doors were shut and locked.

I think sometimes they can spawn open, but I’ve never known them to spawn open and empty.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

There was a streamer a few weeks ago that streamed blatantly cheating for a few days before getting banned by twitch and he mentioned how surprised he was how few cheaters there were(besides him). Not saying there aren’t hackers in tarkov but I found that fairly interesting how often redditors are screaming about the game being over run.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
An after-raid kill cam would go a long way, but they'll never do it (and it's probably not easy to implement either). Even a stripped-down version of whatever they use to review reports would suffice.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Cheaters will always exist, but it looks like the loot changes have drastically cut back on them. I imagine there were two types of cheaters: those that do it for personal pleasure and those that did it for financial gain. Now that the ability to profit has been reduced, I’d imagine it’s just the cheaters that do it for themselves that remain.

Saying that, I’m positive some RMT is still going on. People will always RMT, just now you either pay more or pay the same and get less.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

ShowTime posted:

Cheaters will always exist, but it looks like the loot changes have drastically cut back on them. I imagine there were two types of cheaters: those that do it for personal pleasure and those that did it for financial gain. Now that the ability to profit has been reduced, I’d imagine it’s just the cheaters that do it for themselves that remain.

Saying that, I’m positive some RMT is still going on. People will always RMT, just now you either pay more or pay the same and get less.

Yeah it feels like there's more valuable loot in raids now but I'm not sure if it's just from buffed spawn rates or the anti RMT measures.

There are still people selling some items on RMT sites but it looks like some of them are now offering carry services where they advertise a flat price for all the loot on a single raid.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Every time we drop some poor sub-15 PMC and see them running gear way beyond their means, before I dismiss them as an RMT client I try to remind myself of all those times I've killed or scavenged 1mR worth of gear at the Interchange hell mouth with a single round of green tip.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

When I see those types I don't think RMTer, I think smart person who realizes that high value poo poo is useless sitting in their stash. More people should play with that mindset. It benefits them and it benefits whoever kills them.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Shumagorath posted:

Every time we drop some poor sub-15 PMC and see them running gear way beyond their means, before I dismiss them as an RMT client I try to remind myself of all those times I've killed or scavenged 1mR worth of gear at the Interchange hell mouth with a single round of green tip.

Not sure what quality of gear you are talking about, but I had multiple sets of armor rating 4 gear before I hit 15, just from scav runs. Most of it was armored rigs, but I had some gzhels too. I think I had four of the camo trooper armor, whatever it’s called.

Weapons were a little different because I could only use attachments I personally found, but I had a couple mutants and the other decent meta gun (can’t remember what it’s called) that I found out sell for 100k or more. I basically kept all of it and just used poo poo gear

I do a lot of scav runs though. It’s my favorite way to play. I don’t even worry about making money on my PMC. I just make all my money from my scav runs. It’s nice to be able to go into a raid as a PMC and just focus on questing and not worrying about loot value. I can check later but my inventory is probably worth 20 mil or so, and 9 of that is just in roubles. (Edit: I checked and was way off and it's 43m, but that obviously isn't completely accurate)

Some of the people you meet in their teens that have decent gear probably are rmters, but some of them are like me and just dip into a scav raid for a few minutes and walk out with 300k or so. That’s the main reason I still almost exclusively do reserves on my scav, because the map is so small and the loot is pretty decent that you can get in and out with quite a bit in just a short time.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 9, 2022

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
i mean, you can find slick plates and other goodies in stashes... and a lot of guides recommend newbies go for stashes...

SOMEBODY AUTH US WE ARE DYING IN HERE

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

hello internet posted:

There was a streamer a few weeks ago that streamed blatantly cheating for a few days before getting banned by twitch and he mentioned how surprised he was how few cheaters there were(besides him). Not saying there aren’t hackers in tarkov but I found that fairly interesting how often redditors are screaming about the game being over run.

This is really just the same as some hacker going "there's always several hackers in every raid" or some dogshit like that, cheating/hacking doesn't give you magical powers to discern other hackers.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Nidhg00670000 posted:

This is really just the same as some hacker going "there's always several hackers in every raid" or some dogshit like that, cheating/hacking doesn't give you magical powers to discern other hackers.

The hack went as far as displaying each players K/D ratio, I think it would be safe to assume other hackers would have absurdly high.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Just saw cultists on night factory for the first time, one of them ran up to bridge and stabbed my buddy in the back. Wish they had a higher spawn chance.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Yerok posted:

Just saw cultists on night factory for the first time, one of them ran up to bridge and stabbed my buddy in the back. Wish they had a higher spawn chance.

i've gotta say, when I came back to playing tarkov again, I didn't know cultists were a thing

my first encounter with them was... very memorable. lets just say I was making GBS threads my pants the entire time, complete with me staring down the cultist leader and losing my poo poo when I tried to ADS to shoot him, -AND HE loving DISAPPEARED-. For some reason, I couldn't see him with NVGs when ADSing (I know they're somewhat invisible to thermals, so I don't know why it worked on NVGs too).

didn't know tarkov was a horror game

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015
I think it is just a matter of someone giving the new people a role. Existing members should be able to give out the "not gay, but still ok" role until an admin gets around to sorting it. I will leave a message in general chat that will probably go ignored but hopefully helps.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Yeah, looks like we've sorted out some of the masks. Now I just have to find some time to raid with some goons. I haven't done many raids in this wipe...

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Flea Market changes have me sad as hell. I just reached that point where I was gonna just buy all the good poo poo off flea and go crazy. Now all the meta guns are banned.

I just keep getting money and have absolutely no idea what to spend it on now.

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015
Hideout upgrades are a good idea.

Tyler Whitney
Jan 21, 2020

Why don't you make it sing?

Zipperelli. posted:

Genuine question: what does this mean/what is this bug?

Whoop I never replied to this:

If you turn binaural audio on, the game will occasionally bug out before it correctly calculates what level it should be for that distance. It's most notable when Scavs spawn in as the first word out of a scav's mouth with be absurdly loud, then it'll switch to the proper volume with the rest of the sentence.

Tyler Whitney fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Aug 14, 2022

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i haven't been on since pre inertia update. so far i'm liking the new community feeling of being a scav, i wave and give thumbs up to everyone, feels very death stranding and very chill. i've only been shot in the back of the head once so far, i hope that rude rear end in a top hat has negative karma for days.

this strand type tarkov fills the stock market simulation void of buying low and selling high, i miss being a war profiteer

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

It's not my fault everyone looks like a PMC, don't doxx me.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Is there something broken on Lighthouse? It seems like as a SCAV I'm spawning in not even 5 minutes after the game starts which is good. Reminds me of Reserve before it was nerfed.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
That's pretty normal for Lighthouse. Not sure if it's broken, or just the way it works because players get killed early on or what.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Last wipe that was happening for me on Interchange. I was spawning right next to Tech Lite before the PMCs even got there.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Any tricks for recovering Fence rep?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Just keep scaving. If you are really trying to ramp it up, you could go in as a PMC and just vehicle extract all day, but I just try and never lose it. Even if that means dying. It's just super valuable to me and I don't ever want to have to make money on my PMC. As it stands, it's only like, 1.75, but i've made 99% of my wealth off scav runs. I recommend Reserves for quick scav runs because you can get in and out very, very quickly. The map size, spawn locations and extract locations make it so you can spawn, grab stuff on the way to the closest extract and be out in 2-3 minutes. I'd recommend night time too. Just do your scav whenever it's up, even if its just to get in, get out and sell whatever you spawn with and find a long the way.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Any tricks for recovering Fence rep?

stop the scav on scav violence

you get .01 every time you extract as a scav. you get a big bundle of rep taking car extracts as a PMC, or doing the scav/PMC coop extracts. starts at .25 rep for the first time done, cut in half each time you do it until its .01. Each extract is tracked separately, so you can get .25 once on Interchange, Forest, and Customs car extracts for a huge head start on scav rep.

You get scav quests when you first build your hideout's intelligence center, which are done on your scav and give rep.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

What's the lowest SCAV spawn timer you can get?

For whatever reason, I find playing as a SCAV almost more fun than a PMC. There's just something cool about being the underdog.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

For whatever reason, I find playing as a SCAV almost more fun than a PMC. There's just something cool about being the underdog.

I think at max everything, it gets down to around 8 minutes. Or that's the lowest I remember the first patch scav karma was added. Getting a high rep with Fence and having the intelligence center maxed.

I remember doing my scav, selling everything and by the time I was done selling things, nearly being ready for the next scav run.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Its fun loading up and finding out the crazy loadout your scav's got.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Hazdoc posted:

Its fun loading up and finding out the crazy loadout your scav's got.

The best is always wondering why you're moving so slow and opening up your bag to find a tank battery or air filter.

I... I guess I'll just head to extract then shall I.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Bussamove posted:

The best is always wondering why you're moving so slow and opening up your bag to find a tank battery or air filter.

I... I guess I'll just head to extract then shall I.
Not too quickly or you can lose FiR status on those items. I've only had that happen once when ducking out of Factory immediately, but it's not impossible on other maps.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Shumagorath posted:

Not too quickly or you can lose FiR status on those items. I've only had that happen once when ducking out of Factory immediately, but it's not impossible on other maps.

Well yeah, a couple stops here and there if only because that scav booking it to extract immediately is suspicious. Though with air filters at least I usually use them for myself.

The only time I just head straight to extract is the odd time I find a physical bitcoin.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i feel like i'm doing something wrong when i'm not even level 5 and my junk box is already full with everything except what i want, just a single god drat spark plug

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Booty Pageant posted:

i feel like i'm doing something wrong when i'm not even level 5 and my junk box is already full with everything except what i want, just a single god drat spark plug

No, that’s just the Tarkov experience.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Booty Pageant posted:

Sparkplugs are especially bastardy since they're needed for early quests as well as hideout. But I promise, as soon as you have your generator going they'll show up everywhere.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Honestly, Interchange Scav run, and hit up Rasmussen, Texho, and Techlight. I don't think I've found less than 1 spark plug every time. People seem to just leave them behind.

On the flip side, spawned into a scav raid with a salt and immediately bolted for the extract. Jesus, what a PITA item. Missing that annoying TNT brick too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Hazdoc posted:

Honestly, Interchange Scav run, and hit up Rasmussen, Texho, and Techlight. I don't think I've found less than 1 spark plug every time. People seem to just leave them behind.

OLI shelves/storage as well. There’s some endcaps on the way to the docks that have a good chance to spawn both sparkplugs and car batteries.