Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

tokenbrownguy posted:

Appreciate the quick response, but that link is dead for me.

https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Hideout

I guess they block direct links - the graph is listed on that page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fancy_Lad
May 15, 2003
Would you like to buy a monkey?

tokenbrownguy posted:

Bitcoin Farm 1 with 1 card in it costs something like 2.8m to get operational and at 800k+ of bitcoins being generated a day if you use the grey fuels from Jaeger it will pay for itself in something like 5 days. From then on it's all profit.

Put more in as you can, but that first one is by far the most important to get in and running asap

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Cheers, looks like I'm grinding OLI for parts and cash tonight.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

tokenbrownguy posted:

Chop the "/revision/latest?cb=20210220215413" off the end of the link, the stuff past the .png, and it works.

I don't know if the revision part was important.

Weirdly, the timg of the wiki link isn't letting me expand it. Let's try an imgur rehost..

and that works. loving strange

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I don't see why BSG doesn't make one BTC a static 200k or something. As someone with a 20 card bitcoin farm this wipe it sucks that this dumb gimmick is determining the entire metagame.

e: Also did they buff stashes or something? I just got out of my third 1M+ Woods run in a row

sum fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Mar 21, 2021

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there
Like most of their ideas that impact the game negatively, BSG is stuck on the idea that Bitcoin being tied to IRL price is edgy and cool game design. They have a lot of pet ideas that are rear end practically but will forever be in Tarkov because of Nikitas vision.

The fact that they’re willing to tweak and gently caress up every other piece of the game instead of making adjustments to that one mechanic is telling enough about their ability to balance the game.

The only way to escape is to not play

TLDR I miss last wipe

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ambaire posted:

Chop the "/revision/latest?cb=20210220215413" off the end of the link, the stuff past the .png, and it works.

I don't know if the revision part was important.

Weirdly, the timg of the wiki link isn't letting me expand it. Let's try an imgur rehost..

and that works. loving strange

This graph is also dumb/wrongish in that the relationship between cards and coins is linear. Put as many cards in as you can by hook or by crook, there isn't actually "diminishing returns" outside of the potential for you to miss the window and let it sit there with 3 coins just wasting gas producing nothing.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

InevitableCheese posted:

Like most of their ideas that impact the game negatively, BSG is stuck on the idea that Bitcoin being tied to IRL price is edgy and cool game design. They have a lot of pet ideas that are rear end practically but will forever be in Tarkov because of Nikitas vision.

The fact that they’re willing to tweak and gently caress up every other piece of the game instead of making adjustments to that one mechanic is telling enough about their ability to balance the game.

The only way to escape is to not play

TLDR I miss last wipe

I haven't actually played EFT since just about a year ago, now. It's fun to read your tales of playing it and watch people playing it, but I'm just not up to the emotional experience of actually playing it.

BANNED USER
May 18, 2010

I have this real nasty habit of punching faces

Ambaire posted:

I haven't actually played EFT since just about a year ago, now. It's fun to read your tales of playing it and watch people playing it, but I'm just not up to the emotional experience of actually playing it.

I assure you that you haven't missed anything good, and that waiting for release is what everyone who actually likes Tarkov and wants it to succeed should consider doing.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

BANNED USER posted:

I assure you that you haven't missed anything good, and that waiting for release is what everyone who actually likes Tarkov and wants it to succeed should consider doing.

I enjoy the game about 50% of the time....and I fear if I wait for a release I'll end up playing it in a nursing home - and still complaining about BTC prices being tied to RL valuations ruining the economy....

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Tarkov was released years ago

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

BSG continues to flail wildly with no clear sense of direction and further nerfed the tetriz barter for BTC to 2 tetriz and 2 Green Bats for 1 BTC - in a barter that already sold out instantly.

Big brain changes.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

FileNotFound posted:

BSG continues to flail wildly with no clear sense of direction and further nerfed the tetriz barter for BTC to 2 tetriz and 2 Green Bats for 1 BTC - in a barter that already sold out instantly.

Big brain changes.

lol yeaaaah

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

FileNotFound posted:

Big brain changes.

The choices they make are... interesting to say the least.

Blizzard takes an interesting approach when they buff/nerf characters in Heroes of the Storm where they give a brief description on the logic for that change. That might be hard to do on a grand scale patch for BSG, but it would certainly be telling for where their logic is pointing them.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

Blizzard takes an interesting approach when they buff/nerf characters in Heroes of the Storm where they give a brief description on the logic for that change. That might be hard to do on a grand scale patch for BSG, but it would certainly be telling for where their logic is pointing them.

Yeah I have no idea what they are trying to achieve - curb hatchlings? Not going to do poo poo. Stop the inflation? Not going to do poo poo either...

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

https://twitter.com/bstategames/status/1374661822180163587?s=20

My biggest hope with 12.10 is to finally get stable servers and for the love of god get rid of hackers.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

for the love of god get rid of hackers.

I don't think that a game with a booming RMT market will ever be able to get rid of hackers.

It's just too lucrative of a market for both cheaters and cheat developers.

Part of the problem is that cheaters pay for cheats daily, and we buy a single copy of EFT.

There is WAY more money flowing into cheat development than anticheat....

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see no cheaters in EFT, but with the rise in popularity it seems that cheating in the game transitioned form your everyday rear end in a top hat running cheat to Cash 4 Carries and RMT sales....

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Sometimes their patch notes are literally "various bugs fixed" so I have very little faith in this kind of explanation from BSG

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Lmao just uncouple bitcoin from real life prices why is this so hard, Nikita?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Dr. Clockwork posted:

But..but then he'd have to admit that it was a terrible idea and wasted probably as much dev effort as tying the weather to a RL location for some weird reason just so we can have it rain in EFT for a loving RL week.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Because the Bitcoin brokebrain is strong and inescapable once you’re in it.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

In the future PMCs will be rated by their terriflops.

Orv
May 4, 2011
100 NFTs drop onto an island.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Hes really proud of the bit of code that enables that feature.

General Ledger
Dec 23, 2007

COYI
Man this game rocks, having not played in a month or so, and now coming back to it having upgraded to a 3070 from a 1050 plus a new cpu, it's a fantastic experience on high settings with good frame rate.

I took out scoped VPO 215 with AP ammo and killed a scav by the emercom ramp on interchange, took fire from the west and ran for the truck parking area, healed up a fleshwound on arm but thankfully not broken, and came back around on myself through the hole in the wall/fence facing out down to emercom extract from that parking area; three man squad is heading leisurely down the ramp and I take out the front man with a hit to thorax.

Delighted, I take a new angle on the ramp from back in the truck car park area; gave it some time in case the other two squad mates were watching the body. Got to loot and took a silenced mosin and tags but had to book it as came under scav fire from unknown direction - sprinted to hole in the wall extract.

I messaged the PMC I'd killed to find out if it was his guys that initially had shot at me, it wasn't, we exchanged pleasantries and be said his two pals crawled all the way to extract thinking some hawk eyed sniper was watching - nope just an occasional player with a bush gun.

Lesson learned that I need to bring out a sidearm next time though or a shotgun as a secondary or something

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

General Ledger posted:

Lesson learned that I need to bring out a sidearm next time though or a shotgun as a secondary or something

A MP-153 with flechette is great in general and especially fun in the twisty confines of IC. Or a saiga 12g with maxround clips if you just want to throw all the pellets downrange forever.

Lately I’ve also been running a decked out OP-SKS because I apparently refuse to engage with the automatic weapon meta over my incredibly satisfying semi-autos and have a blast with it too. With a tac device it’s good at basically any reasonable engagement distance and BP punches through a lot of armor reliably if you want to go for center mass shots. I’ve also fallen in love with the Eotech HHS-1 variable sight but it does take some getting used to because it’s got some weirdness going on.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Bussamove posted:

Lately I’ve also been running a decked out OP-SKS because I apparently refuse to engage with the automatic weapon meta over my incredibly satisfying semi-autos and have a blast with it too.

I feel the same way - and that's why I run an M1.

M61 rounds hurt. It's cheap (well relatively speaking I suppose) basically tricked out via the cigarette barter and can be modded to 40-55ish recoil depending on if you use a silencer or not.

It's a sniper rifle, carabine, or spam it and it's effectively automatic. The 50 round drum for it is 10k via gcounter barter...

I know people rave about the SR-25 - but I don't get why I'd run it over an M1.

Saigas and M1s are all I run these days.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Upcoming patch - ETA Next week - actually doesn't look terrible:

https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/150569-preliminary-patch-notes-for-01210-patch/

Preliminary patch notes for the 0.12.10 patch!

Added 

New voices for scav bosses (Reshala, Sanitar and Gluhar) 
New actions and conditions of Scavs and sounds for them
New clothing for USEC, BEAR and Scavs 
New equipment 
Chest rig Azimuth SS Zhuk (SURPAT)
Chest rig Azimuth SS Zhuk (Black)
Tactical sling Hazard4 Takedown (multicam)
Tactical sling Hazard4 Takedown
Hunting vest Umka М33-SET1
Chest rig CSA
LBT 6094A Slick Plate Carrier (olive)
LBT 6094A Slick Plate Carrier (tan)
Backpack Eberlestock G2 Gunslinger II (dry earth)
Ballistic glasses NPP Condor (with additional armor protection for eyes) 
Active headset Opsmen Earmor M32
GP-7 gas mask
Army cap in several variations of colors and camouflage

New items 

Emergency water ration
Hemostatic tourniquet CAT
AFAK personal tactical first aid kit
New ammo 
7.62x39 mm MAI AP
5.56x45 mm SSA AP
5.56x45 mm Mk 318 Mod 0 (SOST)
STM-9 pistol caliber carbine
PL-15 pistol 
New gun parts
UVSR Taiga-1 Special melee/tool
New barter items
TP-200 TNT brick
Ratchet wrench
Can of thermite
New filter for the stash "items found in raid" 
Sorting of quests by current location 
The message "Item already purchased" has been moved to notification
When you double-tap the "voiceline" key, aggressive phrases will be played (as in combat) 
When placing a new offer, the item selection window appears to the left 
Experience category icons on the post-raid screen

Changed

The Steam Audio option is back after fixes 
Thermal imaging rendering system 
The loot is no longer highlighted
The new system will allow further dynamic temperature changes (heating, cooling)
Optimizations for improved performance when using a thermal imager or thermal imaging sights
The Fence's offers are no longer displayed in the flea market 
Rain sound is now 30% quieter 
Reduced Strength and Endurance bonuses 
Adjusted player spawns on Customs 
Increased "Hideout Management" levelling speed if "Solar Batteries" block is built 
Simplified the Attention skill progression 
Simplified the Mag drills skill progression 
Missing items from the Scav after the end of a raid, if at this point there was a game update or the backend was unavailable for other reasons 

Fixed

High volume breathing of some BEAR and USEС voices 
One of the bugs with grenades explosion without sound and explosion effect 
The lightning issue when spawning on Interchange 
Empty quick healing screen 
Error 228, if filter end while crafting purified water 
Resetting the progress of the "Mag drills" skill after leaving a raid
Inability to load into the game if you take in a raid a lot of maps with tags 
Reset the selected character customization lower to the standard
Car extract sometimes failed to trigger at the end of the exfil timer
Difference in the time flow of the Hideout generator 
Playing the sound of a distant gunshot while the shooter is in close proximity to the player  
Bots not spawning in the Factory offline in Horde mode 
Various places on locations where it rained indoors 
Ability to save the preset if there are critical parts missing on it 
The player received an outdated invitation to the group after restarting the client 
Missing shadows on Factory after the reconnect 
Currency conversion error in the client (when exchanging currencies on the client, the resulting amount was shown slightly less than necessary) 
Availability of container sorting on screens where it should not be
Examining an item on the Scav's item transfer screen did not work if the item is on the Scav 
Sounds of falling casings and ricochets of bullets were audible for players in the bunker from outside the area on the Reserve location  
Inability to insure a Cultist knife 
Lack of localization of firing mode in a raid 
Looking for notes in a player's profile 
Various minor adjustments to the locations 
Various minor bugs
Various network errors
Other errors (spamming errors, critical errors that cause crashes and disconnects, errors 228, etc.) 

AI changes

Bots on the move now shoot even less accurately than bots that are stationary.
Changed the parameters of the effect of bushes on the visibility of bots (bots now see worse)
Slowed down the reaction of normal bots when detecting the player
Changed parameters of player tracking at the last point (bots follow the point less)
The maximum enemy detection radius of bots has been reduced
Bots now do not fire while changing position to prone
Fixed bosses spawn when they could appear without guards
Fixed behavior when the boss did not attack an enemy in offline mode
Fixed sniper bots spawn 
Various server bugs related to bots 

Optimization

Changes to the shader system
Eliminates some of the freezes and micro freezes that were caused by shaders, at the beginning of a raid, during combat contact, and during visual effects
Memory optimization
Improved and corrected option in the Mip Streaming setting 
Significantly optimizes the consumption of video memory (for graphics cards with a large amount of VRAM) and RAM (for systems with a small amount of VRAM) in the game, which provides smoother rendering and reduces the number of micro freezes associated with loading textures
Option is now available at any texture quality, not just for high settings
Option is disabled by default.
On low texture settings in raids, some item icons may be unclear when the mip-streaming option is enabled 
Changing the texture quality option and Mip Streaming is not available in online raids (because there may be a delay due to loading/unloading of textures), but is available in offline raids and in the menu
For an efficient texture streaming system, it is highly desirable to place the Windows swap file on an SSD

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Wait what? New voices for sanitar, reshala and gluhar were added in months ago.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Wait what? New voices for sanitar, reshala and gluhar were added in months ago.

Yes. Apparently people didn't like them.

So they...redid them.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Glad they're nerfing scav AI ability to see you through bushes and trees.

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

FileNotFound posted:

Upcoming patch - ETA Next week - actually doesn't look terrible:

Rain sound is now 30% quieter
Reduced Strength and Endurance bonuses

These three items alone have me really excited for the patch release.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

FileNotFound posted:

Best change, hopefully.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Best change, hopefully.

Everyone spawns in a different room in dorms. 1 room per player. No consideration for squads.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Got the bitcoin farm. Feels good to be a 1%er. Ironically this now has me naked+gun running interchange for GPUs so I’m also saving hella cash on gear!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
New ammo for the 7.62x39? Nice. Hope it is not useless.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

New ammo for the 7.62x39? Nice. Hope it is not useless.

Dollars to donuts it's going to be a selection of lovely low pen highish damage rounds that will only dilute the loot table

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

sum posted:

Dollars to donuts it's going to be a selection of lovely low pen highish damage rounds that will only dilute the loot table

It's tungsten carbide armor piercing ammo so hopefully it's a fun new thing to feed into SKSs for me!

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Mischievous Mink posted:

It's tungsten carbide armor piercing ammo so hopefully it's a fun new thing to feed into SKSs for me!

They did seem to suggest that everything new would be FIR.....sooo if that applies to ammo expect eyewatering prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

FileNotFound posted:

They did seem to suggest that everything new would be FIR.....sooo if that applies to ammo expect eyewatering prices.

Aah, jeez yeah... I mean it gives me something to spend my 40 mil on for this wipe, but yeah, that fancy found in raid ammo is all crazy on the market. The 5.56 is gonna be in super high demand too of course, probably moreso than the 7.62x39.