Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
i don't consider video game fansites closing down to be important or valuable political action, so no, ill poke fun at them for thinking the opposite

also its very funny that mapgenie paywalls two of their maps, like it's a 2d image with an overlay lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I don't play this game anymore because I'm rooting for the men and women in the ukraine and the only way to do that is to not play this game I already paid for.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

Goast posted:

i don't consider video game fansites closing down to be important or valuable political action, so no, ill poke fun at them for thinking the opposite

also its very funny that mapgenie paywalls two of their maps, like it's a 2d image with an overlay lmao

yea that’s why they shut it down. You dope

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

NJersey posted:

yea that’s why they shut it down. You dope

they shut it down because it's not an important or valuable form of political activism?

that seems like a very silly decision

Goast fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 18, 2022

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
if you don't want russia to invade other countries not choosing to play a video game made by a russian company does not impact geopolitical strategy as much as you think it does and if you insist otherwise you will be subject to a little bit of mockery in the thread dedicated to that game

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
What if the people don't want to play it because they're disgusted by the connection? Like how people stopped playing Blizzard games because of the sexual abuse at Blizzard. Uninstalling Battle.NET doesn't magically stop sexual abuse worldwide.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Charles 1998 posted:

What if the people don't want to play it because they're disgusted by the connection? Like how people stopped playing Blizzard games because of the sexual abuse at Blizzard. Uninstalling Battle.NET doesn't magically stop sexual abuse worldwide.

Blizzard is the party that's directly responsible for the abuse, so yes they're the ones to hold accountable. The Tarkov devs have no say in what their government does

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Goast posted:

if you don't want russia to invade other countries not choosing to play a video game made by a russian company does not impact geopolitical strategy as much as you think it does and if you insist otherwise you will be subject to a little bit of mockery in the thread dedicated to that game

You're still missing the point. The mockery is at you. You should stop.

Edit: I guess if you can post 4 times about it in one page I can take up some real estate to try and clarify. No one action, short of nuking Russia will effectively stop anything. It's the collective effort of the hundreds of global corporations pulling their support, athletic organizations banning Russian teams, banks cutting off access to money to oligarchs, global economic sanctions, boycotting Russian oil, etc that hopefully makes the Russian populace realize their government is out of control and led by a sociopath. The rest of the world is hoping people have evolved past the Germans in the 30s who stuck their head in the sand, said "not my problem" or gave the "just following orders" routine and actually do something about it. So yes, Coke saying they won't distribute products there can be mocked and laughed at as a dumb pr move, but it's the collective effort that is hoped to make a difference. Every bit helps.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Mar 18, 2022

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Can we just skip to the part where all armies are crowd funded? Can’t wait for a dystopian future Rome.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
Of course, Nazi Germany was the last known instance of a population ignoring the war crimes of their government, and the fact that the cost of speaking out was getting thrown into a death camp was immaterial.

Nothing short of nuking Russia will stop anything, but holy heck the Tarkov devs surely have the ear of the Kremelin and wouldn't even consider saying anything unless they lost business, because that's the only language they understand

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The Tarkov devs have a line to Putin...?

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I have been feeding people sniper kills on lighthouse :/ back to try to finish some customs quests

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Shumagorath posted:

The Tarkov devs have a line to Putin...?

another low information voter unaware of the perfidious russo hive mind

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
I can’t stop playing my favorite game and I’m willing to adjust my political views in order to accommodate that.

Sanction USEC for interference in BEAR affairs. Destroy covert TERRA Group research labs in rightful Russian clay.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I deleted my 20yr+ Blizzard account over Free Hong Kong but that was ActiBlizz being proactively subservient to the Hurt Feelings of the Politburo "Chinese people". If BSG had any hand in the Russian invasion maybe their troops wouldn't be running worse stuff than LL2 Prapor.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

ChesterJT posted:

You're still missing the point. The mockery is at you. You should stop.

Edit: I guess if you can post 4 times about it in one page I can take up some real estate to try and clarify. No one action, short of nuking Russia will effectively stop anything. It's the collective effort of the hundreds of global corporations pulling their support, athletic organizations banning Russian teams, banks cutting off access to money to oligarchs, global economic sanctions, boycotting Russian oil, etc that hopefully makes the Russian populace realize their government is out of control and led by a sociopath. The rest of the world is hoping people have evolved past the Germans in the 30s who stuck their head in the sand, said "not my problem" or gave the "just following orders" routine and actually do something about it. So yes, Coke saying they won't distribute products there can be mocked and laughed at as a dumb pr move, but it's the collective effort that is hoped to make a difference. Every bit helps.

sanctions do nothing but harm the people of the nation they are placed against, if they worked the cuban north korean iranian syrian venezualan and russian rulers would have already wound up gaddafied, id rather just keep playing tarkov so Nikita and his people can keep making the game :)

Goast fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Mar 19, 2022

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Shumagorath posted:

I deleted my 20yr+ Blizzard account over Free Hong Kong but that was ActiBlizz being proactively subservient to the Hurt Feelings of the Politburo "Chinese people". If BSG had any hand in the Russian invasion maybe their troops wouldn't be running worse stuff than LL2 Prapor.

you gotta delete your activision account separately if they were linked btw

i love the modern intertwining of a dozen different game store accounts

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Seriously I thought it was the west's opinion that free trade and free market and Yada Yada is good and the means to bring about democracy and peace, but as soon as there is a nation state we cannot bomb uncontested for fear of nukes, the rational response is to get angry at game developers and call for the nuclear holocaust of their people while restricting trade and markets (not oil tho)

Glad you're moral!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Seriously I thought it was the west's opinion that free trade and free market and Yada Yada is good and the means to bring about democracy and peace, but as soon as there is a nation state we cannot bomb uncontested for fear of nukes, the rational response is to get angry at game developers and call for the nuclear holocaust of their people while restricting trade and markets (not oil tho)

Glad you're moral!
gb2cspam

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

escape from donbas

you're goal is to execute civilians that speak with a russian accent

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
It’s okay. You like this game and can square a percentage of what you paid for it being used to make the artillery shells indiscriminately raining down indiscriminately landing in Ukraine.

So wipe when right guys?

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
Gulhar is a war criminal

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

Goast posted:

sanctions do nothing but harm the people of the nation they are placed against, if they worked the cuban north korean iranian syrian venezualan and russian rulers would have already wound up gaddafied, id rather just keep playing tarkov so Nikita and his people can keep making the game :)

Sick high school level thinking take there bro. You definitely identified that these things are exactly the same as Russia and thus are smarter than everyone involved in the decisions of world governments. Turn Tarkov back on guys, he got us good. Go back to CSPAMfront with that garbage

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I haven't logged into Tarkov since before the invasion, and the daily news makes the prospect of starting up again now feel pretty gross. That's less a judgement on a Russian developer and more not wanting virtual horror on top of IRL horror.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

ten_twentyfour posted:

Sick high school level thinking take there bro. You definitely identified that these things are exactly the same as Russia and thus are smarter than everyone involved in the decisions of world governments. Turn Tarkov back on guys, he got us good. Go back to CSPAMfront with that garbage

*appeals to authority*

no, not that authority that has not sanctioned tarkov

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Lmao at anyone thinking they can 'make a difference' with their video game choices.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i started playing tarkov right before the invasion so i could immerse myself to truly understand the ukrainian peoples plight

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

RestRoomLiterature- posted:

It’s okay. You like this game and can square a percentage of what you paid for it being used to make the artillery shells indiscriminately raining down indiscriminately landing in Ukraine.

So wipe when right guys?

I am dumber than dogshit and I literally believe people who have purchased Escape from Tarkov and have not subsequently Denounced Putin are responsible for the atrocities being enacted upon the Ukrainian people

The Clap fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 19, 2022

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
You already paid for the product, all not playing it would do is strain their servers less. Therefore, the wiser move is to actually play it if you want it to cost more money for BSG.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
I poured out all of my vodka and burned my Tatu CD's that I already paid for, to stick it to Putin!

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008
gamers come in contact with someone who most likely acted based on principle and nothing more...as expected gamers take offense and default to mocking. never change you crazy diamonds.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I keep seeing a bunch of cool patches and insignia on the brave defenders of Ukraine, are there any in-game arm bands or anything I can wear to show my support?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

NJersey posted:

gamers come in contact with someone who most likely acted based on principle and nothing more...as expected gamers take offense and default to mocking. never change you crazy diamonds.

gamers

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Oh wow a lot of new posts in the Tarkov thread, lets see what is going on... :yikes:.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Mesadoram posted:

Oh wow a lot of new posts in the Tarkov thread, lets see what is going on... :yikes:.

Honestly this describes the average day for this thread regardless of what's going on in the world.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I just hope whatever stance people take, they are consistent.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
When the Streets map is finally published we can all enjoy playing in not Mariupol.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
Sanctions tuned ULTRA mall into what it is today

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
These posts are better than the people talking about the singleplayer mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Pharmaskittle posted:

I keep seeing a bunch of cool patches and insignia on the brave defenders of Ukraine, are there any in-game arm bands or anything I can wear to show my support?

Yeah where's that cool sunburst