Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Always alt+T or whatever your check mag button is when loading in. That's what I do, but then again I'm a scav main.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Jakosa posted:

Is it simply a bug that Skier (I'm at LL3) has two identical ADARs for sale with one costing twice as much as the other? Or is there some sense behind it?

No, Tarkov traders have limits on some items for how many you can buy per trader reset (look at the barter trade for the item case from Therapist, it sells out almost instantly), and their stock is global. The ADAR was favored pretty highly by players in the past as a low cost 556 platform early (ironically, its kinda handcuffed with the moving of better 556 bullets later in trader progression), so if you buy all of your available ADARs at the lower price point, you can still buy an ADAR at the double cost if you need one before the trader resets their stock.

Not as much of an issue if you have flea access past lv 15, but pre flea it'll allow you to still buy the gun if you really want one and youve bought your own allotment already.

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021
Sometimes something happens where you'd really like to know the story.

I was doing a budget run on Customs where I went in with a pistol and a rig. I like to either go to storage or the silos and farm scavs and get some XP. It's usually pretty quiet in the far ends of the map.

This time is was at the silos, inside the building next to ZB-1011, and was killing some scavs. I heard some suppressed fire pretty close by, but not close enough that I was worried.

But then I started taking some shots from outside and a guy ran in and I thought I was done for. But then he started meleeing me. I killed him with my pistol.

And he had a suppressed Mk47 Mutant with Razor scope - AND NO MAGAZINES AND NO AMMO.

I was pretty shot up with blacked stomach, so I just ran for my extract at the RUAF roadblock. I didn't expect to make it, but with painkillers and a can of sprats, I somehow made it. I killed some scavs on the way and made it out with no ammo left in my pistol.

But I'd really like to know how he got in there with such a nice gun and nothing else.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Jakosa posted:

Sometimes something happens where you'd really like to know the story.

I was doing a budget run on Customs where I went in with a pistol and a rig. I like to either go to storage or the silos and farm scavs and get some XP. It's usually pretty quiet in the far ends of the map.

This time is was at the silos, inside the building next to ZB-1011, and was killing some scavs. I heard some suppressed fire pretty close by, but not close enough that I was worried.

But then I started taking some shots from outside and a guy ran in and I thought I was done for. But then he started meleeing me. I killed him with my pistol.

And he had a suppressed Mk47 Mutant with Razor scope - AND NO MAGAZINES AND NO AMMO.

I was pretty shot up with blacked stomach, so I just ran for my extract at the RUAF roadblock. I didn't expect to make it, but with painkillers and a can of sprats, I somehow made it. I killed some scavs on the way and made it out with no ammo left in my pistol.

But I'd really like to know how he got in there with such a nice gun and nothing else.

If you've never decked yourself out with a sweet kit and got in raid to realise you forgot to load your mags, are you even a Tark player?

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021

Shannow posted:

If you've never decked yourself out with a sweet kit and got in raid to realise you forgot to load your mags, are you even a Tark player?

Oh, I have. But I've never taken a 3-400k gun in with armor class 3 helm and armor and a Gssh-01 headset. It just doesn't add up.

My theory is that he must have looted it off of someone in a hurry. The player was level 13, so I doubt he could have gotten the Mutant himself.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Shannow posted:

my favorite is getting mosins back in insurance and not realizing someone took the sight off until the critical moment

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
After years of watching people play EFT, I got into the cheater-free version a couple of months ago. It's challenging but fun.

Anyway, I did a scav run on Factory the other day and was very confused because I keep hearing gunfire but it's coming from outside the map. Then I get sprayed and killed by a guy I can't see, and it sounds like he was on the other side of a thick concrete wall so now I'm absolutely lost. I get out of the raid and 5 minutes later I realize I had my headphones on backwards IRL.

I'm also 75% convinced that the game trolls you based on active tasks. Almost every Customs raid, snipers out the rear end and Reshala hanging out at old gas. Now I have quests to kill his guards and kill sniper scavs and it's just crickets.

Question for other SPTarkov players, has anyone else experienced Cultists being extremely passive even after being engaged? I've only seen them twice and both times they just seemed like they couldn't be bothered aside from one of the priests stabbing me.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Vorenus posted:

Question for other SPTarkov players, has anyone else experienced Cultists being extremely passive even after being engaged? I've only seen them twice and both times they just seemed like they couldn't be bothered aside from one of the priests stabbing me.

I do get the sense they're slightly less aggro than online. I've had fights with them where I was sure they were going to rush and push me and they never did. I eventually came out to find them and got got. Had a fight with them in interchange (mods area wonderful) that was like that, I didn't even know they were going to be there until some guy was sprinting at me to stab me. I waited for awhile for the others to come but they never did, had to engage them in a firefight.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
baseline offline ai is significantly easier than online ai, even set to 'same as online difficulty.' idk how it compares precisely in spt, but the vids I've seen of it it looks comically easy compared to real tarkov, so yeah I'd expect cultists to be tuned waaaay down in it, and even more so if someone is picking easier difficulties. afaict spt is mostly tuned around people who die so much in regular tarkov that they aren't having fun

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The default AI for SPT (using the usual suspects for bot mod options) is set to 3 out of 5 for difficulty. You can either just set it higher as a collective whole, or get into the guts and change things about how they react. It's a lot of trial and error though so that's probably why nobody bothers to (I tried, and eventually just set it to 4 with a few tweaks because 5 is basically hacks).

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Theres a few mods that go in and give the AI different profiles. Some PMCs will spawn in as avoidant rats, some will spawn in as sweatlord Chads who bunny hop around corners and whatnot. Some of the profiles seem pretty psychotic as far as tuning AI up.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Using SAIN I've definitely seen a variety, not just overall behavior but some bots are less responsive/accurate while others will just 180 insta head,eyes you. It seems to accurately model the randomness or variety of live in that I've had several firefights where I knew I had no excuse for winning, but I've also put several rounds of buckshot into a PMC AI's exposed face at point blank range and I may as well have been sneezing. It's also crazy how strong headsets are ingame, I feel like as a scav the only audio cue I get from PMCs is the sound of them firing the bullets that are killing me. Then again I'm also bad at video games, so :shrug:

Vorenus fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 24, 2024

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If you manage a pair on ComTac 4s it's basically playing with cheat codes. I looted my first pair in the power station on interchange - while the power was on - and it got so quiet I had to double check that my own IRL headset batteries hadn't died.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
SPT seems to just make everyone at night not be able to see poo poo without flashlights or nods. If you don't have a flashlight or a laser on, scavs will practically run right up to 5 ft away before noticing you.

Maybe they just made the cultists AI as blind as the scavs in the darkness?

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

my favorite is getting mosins back in insurance and not realizing someone took the sight off until the critical moment

I do this to mosin men all the time and I'm not sorry.

Just recently tho, I did a scav run where I spawned with a mosin without a front sight on woods. Loaded in at outskirts and made my way towards scope shack and started hearing heaps of gunfire at check point. Sat myself by a tree and patiently waited. Sure enough pmc approached and got into it with a couple ai scavs and while he was standing still i lined up his head with just my rear sight and domed him from like 50m.

Guy was running a flir on an svd and had a decked out sv98 as well as a couple bottles of moonshine.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

This is my first wipe and I'm level 7 last night I double killed a 43 and 25 with Klin headshots and scored about a half mil worth of gear off them. What I would give to have heard/seen their reactions.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
'level 7? 10 hour account? obviously cheating'

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021
Update just landed. The snow is back.

The trailer seems to indicate there is an event ongoing where you can spawn some cultists(?) at some bonfires.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAJXGK7dDaI

I just did a scav run on Ground Zero and got a status affliction of "Morana's frostbite" and my screen started freezing over. It indicates that you're close to the bonfires.

Prapor also has a couple of tasks related to the bonfires.

Jakosa fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Mar 28, 2024

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Jakosa posted:

Update just landed. The snow is back.

The trailer seems to indicate there is an event ongoing where you can spawn some cultists(?) at some bonfires.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAJXGK7dDaI

I just did a scav run on Ground Zero and got a status affliction of "Morana's frostbite" and my screen started freezing over. It indicates that you're close to the bonfires.

Prapor also has a couple of tasks related to the bonfires.

me gramps told me a story that if you turn off the lights in your bathroom, drink a liter of vodka, and fight off 12 ghost badasses you'll get something useful as a reward

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021
Are the presets bugged or am I doing something wrong?

When I want to buy the items for my preset, the game thinks that it's a good idea to buy the guns but also buy all the components of the guns at the same time.

For instance, here it wants to buy a Glock 17 but also all the components of a Glock 17.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Presets are pretty fuckin buggy, in my experience

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Technically you don't have those components if you also don't have that gun. Buy the gun first then mod it.

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021

Aexo posted:

Technically you don't have those components if you also don't have that gun. Buy the gun first then mod it.

Buying the gun first fixes it. It just seems kind of wonky that I have to do that. It's not a modded gun in my preset, so there's no need to buy any parts.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Jakosa posted:

Are the presets bugged or am I doing something wrong?

When I want to buy the items for my preset, the game thinks that it's a good idea to buy the guns but also buy all the components of the guns at the same time.

For instance, here it wants to buy a Glock 17 but also all the components of a Glock 17.

They are janky. I don't really use kit presets, but when i do i save them without the gun.

I do use gun presets a lot which work well if you buy the gun first because the game will then count the base attachements as in your inventory.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
The way it makes some kind of broken sense to me is that I think it's looking for the lower receiver, but doesn't see the other parts attached on trader weapons, and because those parts arent already in your stash, its grabbing all those as well, so you, best to buy the base gun you want to mod.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
it's funny watching this event just loving dumpster really good players, it is so overtuned

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
drat it is distressing to hear some streamers sre having difficulty with a computer game. thoughts and prayers

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Tarkov-like-but-singleplayer game Road to Vostok is having another public demo on steam. I gave it a try. Looks interesting, though clearly still in development, but movement and shooting felt a lot more “stiff” than what I’m used to with Stalker and Tarkov.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
SPT updates this week, weds I think... So I'll be back on this then! Trying to avoid downloading some of the more dodgy mods like the one that highlights loot for you.

It's a great way to learn a map, but it really does ruin the game.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Psycho Society posted:

drat it is distressing to hear some streamers sre having difficulty with a computer game. thoughts and prayers

i just wish raids weren't so dead vov

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The only SPT mods that I added that straight up alter the intent of the game is one that gives me a compass rose at the bottom. Like I'm sorry - it's cloudy out, I don't know the map well enough yet, and every goddamn building looks the same to me. The rest have just been tweaks to the UI like the one that tells me what quests random items are used for, their barter recipes, or what they're used for hideout crafting.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
MoreCheckmarks is a godsend, my only problem is I'll grab the item for a barter and then get back to trader screen and it's a Therapist barter that also needs like 50 LEDX or something dumb.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I adapted a chunk of code from an unrelated mod to make one that increased the durability of all armor by a modifier I chose. I settled on 2.5 or 3, just so I wouldn't have to swap out vests every third firefight. I also reduced the repair cost by a matching multiplier so I wouldn't have to drop 900k repairing my new mega-durable Slick.

....and reduced the weight of armor by half to give my PMC a little more capacity for loot

But yeah there's a ton of very good mods out there, don't be afraid to add some!

Arrath fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Mar 31, 2024

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
The only mods I consider mandatory is one of the spawn mods so bots aren't restricted to the normal Tarkov scav spawns, else it gets stale really quickly when there are vast swathes of the map you will never encounter anyone.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
The amands graphics mod makes the normal Tarkov almost unplayable with all that lovely fog they put all over the map that makes it impossible to see anyone more than 100m away.

It's still foggy when it's supposed to be, but holy poo poo the indoor fog and long distance shadow fog is so atrocious and flipping it on and off is instant and doesn't affect performance negatively at all.

Dr_0ctag0n fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 31, 2024

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Is factory the only map with scavs right now? Have had a few raids in woods and customs and have not seen a single soul despite checking all the major areas

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021

Psycho Society posted:

Is factory the only map with scavs right now? Have had a few raids in woods and customs and have not seen a single soul despite checking all the major areas
There are definitely still normal scavs on both woods and customs.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
SPT's 3.8.0 release just came out about an hour ago

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Tibbeh posted:

SPT's 3.8.0 release just came out about an hour ago

Given the date I don't know if I trust you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Arrath posted:

Given the date I don't know if I trust you

It's true. The April Fools' Joke was the early release manual install option from yesterday that including things like randomly spawned Claymores :3: