Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

The whole livestream where he goes over the new items is here - I'm trying to find the spot when he talked about what would be FIR - but can't so maybe I'm on crack or maybe I just can't find it:

https://twitch.tv/videos/963863760

Doesn't cover the ammo, but shows the guns and bags.

None of the upcoming guns seem that interesting and same goes for the bags...I can't wrap my mind around why I'd want a 24 slot long as gently caress backpack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

FileNotFound posted:

The whole livestream where he goes over the new items is here - I'm trying to find the spot when he talked about what would be FIR - but can't so maybe I'm on crack or maybe I just can't find it:

https://twitch.tv/videos/963863760

Doesn't cover the ammo, but shows the guns and bags.

None of the upcoming guns seem that interesting and same goes for the bags...I can't wrap my mind around why I'd want a 24 slot long as gently caress backpack.

I don't get who wanted another generic double stack 9mm pistol, not even a little. The 9mm pistol carbine would at least be a neat gun, but in Tarkov I can't see myself using one...

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

quote:

The message "Item already purchased" has been moved to notification

I wonder how many people will not notice that they didn't actually buy the thing they think they bought. I mean it's better than a box that freezes you until you hit ok I guess.

quote:

Bots on the move now shoot even less accurately than bots that are stationary.
Changed the parameters of the effect of bushes on the visibility of bots (bots now see worse)
Slowed down the reaction of normal bots when detecting the player
The maximum enemy detection radius of bots has been reduced
Bots now do not fire while changing position to prone

Well holy poo poo some actual improvements. I never understood how they fluctuated from "idiots who stand there while getting shot" "to long range shotgun snipers who can see you through a bush".

FileNotFound posted:

Everyone spawns in a different room in dorms. 1 room per player. No consideration for squads.

I think a map that's essentially a large apartment building where the spawns are in spread out rooms would be amazing. The extract would be the front and back door, roof extract in a helicopter if you have paracord.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 27, 2021

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Good patch but the SCAR-H, Player Inertia and Unity Engine update - which should include performance improvements doesn't come out until 12.11. :smith:

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there
Streets?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Streets is targeted before the end of the year. Did they say anything about the next wipe?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Streets is targeted before the end of the year.

:psyduck:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

yeah Streets is apparently planned for version 12.13, so I wouldn't be holding your breath for it in the near future

there was indeed some detail about the next patch, which is supposed to be a bigger one content-wise - among other things it's apparently going to include a Factory expansion/rework, including a new scav boss (Kuvalda, a giant beefy dude armed with a sledgehammer), so that should be good fun

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

LGD posted:

including a new scav boss (Kuvalda, a giant beefy dude armed with a sledgehammer)

WHAT?! This can't be real.

If this is indeed real and the sledgehammer is lootable, it will be the most desired weapon by a long shot.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
I got this a couple weeks ago, and after banging my head against the wall I think I’ve finally got a groove going in the past few raids. Every starting guide recommended starting with the SKS, but it just didn’t click. I finally tried a Vepr Ak I got from a Scav run and it was like playing a different game. Instead of struggling just to kill Scavs I’m dropping them no problem, and at the very least getting a few hits on players. Does anyone else have a gun which everyone uses but just doesn’t click for you?

Also got level 10, and that first flea market dump of things collected in the first ten levels is sooo satisfying.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Most of the guns work for me, but I do tend to side with semi-automatics, which most people don't. The meta is shoot as many bullets as you can with as little recoil as possible. You want to laser your opponents to death. A semi automatic doesn't quite do that.

My favorite rifle in the game is the TX-15 DML. I need to use the M1A more, just haven't gotten around to it yet as i'm still only at lvl 3 with a few traders. The really good attachments end up costing a ton if you don't buy them from a trader.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

AntiDepressor posted:

I got this a couple weeks ago, and after banging my head against the wall I think I’ve finally got a groove going in the past few raids. Every starting guide recommended starting with the SKS, but it just didn’t click. I finally tried a Vepr Ak I got from a Scav run and it was like playing a different game. Instead of struggling just to kill Scavs I’m dropping them no problem, and at the very least getting a few hits on players. Does anyone else have a gun which everyone uses but just doesn’t click for you?

Also got level 10, and that first flea market dump of things collected in the first ten levels is sooo satisfying.

Like Showtime right above me I love a good semi-auto rifle, or a chunky shotgun. I usually run an Op-SKS or MP-153 with flechette/AP-20 depending on how I’m feeling, but I’m still in the mid-level range and should branch out to different rifles soon. Full auto laser guns might be better/the meta but they feel so bad to use in comparison, even if just throwing on a Vector and pissing 900 6.3 rounds a minute downrange gets the job done.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

ShowTime posted:

The really good attachments end up costing a ton if you don't buy them from a trader.

Yeah the M1 doesn't shine without LL4 mechanic/peacekeeper stuff.

That's what lets you push the recoil from 100 to 40/56

TX-15 DML is pretty nuts as well - you can make it 28 vertical recoil.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I really want to know what the hell BSG is doing with Labs, they might as well just remove it from the game for solo queuers at this point. It costs like half a million to get in if you're not quick to Therapist which makes it only worth it for squads and level 50 TTV psychos. I guess they're just expecting new players to invest 8 figures getting their rear end kicked over and over until they learn the map well enough to make a profit on it?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Labs is the end game dungeon of Tarkov. You don't go in there unless the 500k ticket price is nothing to you. I'm only going into labs with a group or after i've played it enough times I have every aspect of it memorized.

You can offline queue, unless somethings changed. It doesn't eat the card up or anything.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

LGD posted:

there was indeed some detail about the next patch, which is supposed to be a bigger one content-wise - among other things it's apparently going to include a Factory expansion/rework, including a new scav boss (Kuvalda, a giant beefy dude armed with a sledgehammer), so that should be good fun

They also talked about giving player SCAVs missions such as protecting the SCAV boss. :getin:

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

ShowTime posted:

Labs is the end game dungeon of Tarkov. You don't go in there unless the 500k ticket price is nothing to you. I'm only going into labs with a group or after i've played it enough times I have every aspect of it memorized.

You can offline queue, unless somethings changed. It doesn't eat the card up or anything.

Correct. Personally though - I just don't care for labs. Ran it twice for my own guide and walked a buddy through his guide quest - but going to the labs for loot? Meh.

Fight fat chads?

Fat chads are all over night time woods with thermals - and fighting them is more fun for me...

That's a personal thing, I vastly prefer longer range engagements over CQC. Stalking people through woods is vastly more appealing to me than labs - but I get why that seems hell to others.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

FileNotFound posted:

Fat chads are all over night time woods with thermals - and fighting them is more fun for me...

This is my new nightmare. The all thermal meta.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

ShowTime posted:

I'm aware. I think a high cost to entry makes sense for such a loot-dense map. But even if you had an extract rate of 50% (not likely if you're learning the map!), if you're spending 500k on the key each time plus another 300k or so on gear, you'd need to be walking out with 1.3 million rubles worth of poo poo on average just to break even. I don't think that's really realistic for any but the Chaddest of solo players.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

ShowTime posted:

Cant offline queue without the key, though

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Eat The Rich posted:

Cant offline queue without the key, though

No but you shouldn't even be thinking about running it offline until you have a key or can buy a key and it be nothing.

Basically, if you have less than 5 mil, don't think about Labs. It doesn't exist.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Lmao for real an offline uses the key?

That is indefensible and showtime you really have strong feelings.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Lmao for real an offline uses the key?

No, it doesn't use up the key. You just need one to access the level even offline.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Just defending labs and looking out for any new player who feels like the 500k admission price is worth considering. Someone said you'd have to spend 8 figures to learn it and you really only need 1 key to learn the map layout. But you are in for a bad experience if you go in fresh. You're very likely to lose the value of the key and all your gear. There are way easier, less risky ways to earn money to get you to a point where labs should be on your radar.

I do think it's probably an ok investment for a really good player that knows it to go in with their first key and only a pistol. I've seen Pestily do zero to hero runs on it and I bet someone like him could go in with just a pistol, the key and 0 roubles in his stash and have a huge leg up on the beginning of a wipe by getting all that raider gear. Something worth considering.

But this whole talk started with someone complaining about it being a costly investment for a solo queue player, so don't forget that.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I started this wipe. I know it was once free. I imagine hatchling were bad but with all the mid wipe changes I really think it's just to punish new players.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

I started this wipe. I know it was once free. I imagine hatchling were bad but with all the mid wipe changes I really think it's just to punish new players.

Nah - labs isn't the land of free loot for chads that you think it is.

You can make better ROI per hour just running oli for nothing but water filters with a 200k kit than doing labs unless you have all the other fancy labs keycards AND the skill to get out alive.

With the current GPU prices, Interchange is the money map if you are willing to fight for GPUs.

Honestly the only thing you're really missing on labs is the crazy raider xp as you can easily walk out of labs with 20k+ of xp from a single run.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The wise developers know that if they let people in labs then people would get too much money people in tarkov cant get much money or it would ruin the gamE.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

I think with the economy busted, Labs is less about money and more about consistent access to rare items for end game quests and hideout.

Also for rich folks who want to show off their gear and / or skills.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The wise developers know that if people could go into labs they could get raider gear and they cant let them get raider gear or it would ruin the gamE.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I just thought Labs was a money sink

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

bird cooch posted:

I just thought Labs was a money sink

Game used to have huge money sinks but it was contrary to the developers vision so they took them out and got rid of them.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

FileNotFound posted:

TX-15 DML is pretty nuts as well - you can make it 28 vertical recoil.

I went up against a guy who was carrying one of these last night.

I shot him in the head with an unscoped VPO from 64 meters away while he was throwing M995 at me but whiffing a lot.
It's my gun now.

Orv
May 4, 2011

LGD posted:

yeah Streets is apparently planned for version 12.13, so I wouldn't be holding your breath for it in the near future

I don't care how many piles of knee high trash that are going to impede your hitbox they want to place two years for a loving map is wild as poo poo.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Orv posted:

I don't care how many piles of knee high trash that are going to impede your hitbox they want to place two years for a loving map is wild as poo poo.

show us your method for developing a map as complex as one from Escape from Tarkov in a short amount of time then

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

This is my first wipe but didn’t they also basically double the size of Woods and Customs in that time?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Bussamove posted:

This is my first wipe but didn’t they also basically double the size of Woods and Customs in that time?

also Reserve

Orv
May 4, 2011

Bussamove posted:

They did, yeah and both of those were really good expansions. I still don't think that makes two years to release a map a good look for any game, regardless of the level of detail (random trash scattered everywhere with rare or no meaningful gameplay impact) and to be fair that's also about the time scale that Hunt, Tarkov's basically only competitor is at for a new map, so it's hardly a Tarkov only problem.

That said my actual concern with Streets, timeline aside, is how performant is it going to be and I can only assume the answer is going to be "not."

Also getting shot from one of a trillion goddamn windows but Reserve already kinda has that going on.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
and factory (soontm)

those tarkov guys are doing good work but i think streets is supposed to be huge and also their baby.

streets is going to be more than waist high cover. its funny to hear you talk about tarkov like it's gears or war and 2010 or something.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
Is there a good map for Reserve?

I've been using https://mapgenie.io/tarkov/maps/woods for the others, but Reserve is paywalled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Cage Kicker posted:

also Reserve

And Lighthouse!

Tarkov's absurdly detailed maps are one of the best things about it, BSG can take as long as they drat please imo