Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
My single best timed voice line ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoZrHAgcJ2c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
yeah if you find sway is making you miss left and right try to switch to w or d while you shoot, or stop briefly. If you go in the hideout and go in the range and ads, strafe and fire and see how much your sights move, it is a LOT.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
it's not like you can't kill a gear lord with a Mosin or Hunter easily, if they took these players out of the raids then no players would be worth looting

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

Myself and two buddies are new to the game and so far we've learned customs fairly well. Dipped into woods to do a task at the usec camp and all died to landmines on the northwest edge. Terrifying and hilarious, game owns.

If you want to stack some money up and finish your butt coin machine (top priority) I would learn Interchange next. Fun map, easy to avoid the spots where the gear lords rush, tons of loot. Plus, you can kill Killa! *disclaimer* Killa may kill you first

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Tarkov will have Arena mode eventually and I think that's gonna be loving COOL

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Inspector_666 posted:

Them cutting the hide time for the Factory end of Delivery From The Past is an A++++ QoL move thanks be to Nikita.

(Also just get on Discord and 5-stack that one/all non-PVP Factory quests.)

Lame, bring a 2 man or 3 man and at least give it a little flavor

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

DrPop posted:

I'm not a huge fan of the SKS early on. Its reload speed is really tough to deal with if you're top loading. I'd use any other semiauto (shotguns included) instead.

This is why I always recommend new players to pick up and keep the 7.62 VEPR. Teaches you to use AK, 30 round box mags, and generally you get one or two for free each raid just by killing scavs.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Ixtlilton posted:

I feel like I'm the only goon who hates buckshot though, you end up with 300 to arms and 200 to armor before you finally hit a headshot and even trying to leg scavs takes 4-5 shots for me from 10-ish meters, would rather use the stock sks than buckshot but ymmv.

Can't relate, every time I hit someone with the 8.5 magnum buck its like I hit em with Power Word: Death. The only thing more fun is the KS-23

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
In my mind the scav spawning was sort of like in the Raid series, there are a few scattered around the map and more start showing up when they realize there are PMCs there

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
If you spawn by the river right on the wall you can run to the crack house and 90% of the time nobody will see you. I usually go to hoover all the intel folders up my butt from that spawn and then hide and listen, also to steal the Unknown Key because gently caress you.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

MaxPowers posted:

Below that warehouse behind where you would use the factory key twice, the jump over spot. That building is enterable now and there are some REAL good loots below.

That's also where you turn on the power for an exit: If you have the factory key, hit the switch in the room under the stairs and you can open the gate in the basement of the huge building in the new area with the key and escape

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Malefitz posted:

I usually spawn in at 10-11 minutes and very seldom see a PMC. There are always 2-5 player scavs though. Depending on the spawn and weapon I play it slow and kill them while looting or storming around corners or I try to hide a bit until the gunshots die down. If I have super valuable loot I usually try to hide in the dead ends behind containers until <1 minute and then run for extract. If I have a crap weapon and no good gear on my scav sometimes I just rush somewhere to get a kill. This works best if you have a shotgun because scavs often don't have any armor on them.

I tried doing interchange scav runs to get familiar with the map and loot some hideout stuff in Oli (need corrugated hoses) but I got killed every time.

Also the amount of 2-3 stacks running around is frustrating when playing alone. Almost every time I run into a player with my PMC they have one or two friends with them. I often take out one but the other usually kills me. Even player scavs seem to run in two stacks quite often...

I would definitely try to hop in Discord and have someone show you a loot run through Interchange and Reserve because most people would consider scav running Factory to be a waste of time considering it's got the same amount of loot as your average small building on Reserve

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Malefitz posted:

There don't seem to be a lot of Euros on the Discord unfortunately. So the times I've mostly been playing lately were a bit unpopulated. I am definitely keeping an eye out for Goons to group up with though, I guess everything will be a bit easier in an experienced group!

Edit: also I guess it can be considered a waste of time to run factory if compared to stuff like interchange but I have the feeling that I am starting to get a handle on close quarters combat interactions by doing this which I usually just fail at in normal runs.
And it's quick to do so I can just do one before I log off...

I don't mean it's entirely a waste of time just that early on scav runs are a key money maker and there isn't a lot of loot on factory. If one of your goals is getting comfy with CQC and sound cues, Factory is perfect and you're not wrong at all. Sorry I didn't mean to come off like that. And yes the short duration compared to roubles can be very good. Glad you're thinking smartly about how you use your scav. You'll do great in Tarkov

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Bussamove posted:

I got a lab keycard and checking the map on the wiki it looks cramped and terrifying.

It's not as tiny as the map might suggest, but terrifying is spot on

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Bussamove posted:

Wait, AI scavs will do the Q-E wiggle? That explains some things.

They also react to hand signals and check mags, pick up guns off dead bodies so they have 2, all kind of sus things

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Lupo whines about every kill being sus and feeds into the perception that every time you die and you either get outplayed or don't know where the guy was, he was hacking. I have about 700 hours into this now and I've reported less than a half dozen people I was SURE were hacking, and that's because they were lag switching or speed hacking. I've made enough crazy single shots to the head in my own time that I know how stupid it is to say someone is aimbotting just because they saw me and shot me instantly in the face. A tiny bit of desync/a lucky shot can make it look that way. I'm sure I've been called a hacker many times because some dope was making a ton of noise moving around and I waited for him to come by and shot him in the back of the head with a silenced gun. Timmy has no experience or knowledge to evaluate how bad he is, so he thinks he's doing fine, therefore anyone who defeats him easily is a hacker.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
you gotta give the people what they want

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

DrPop posted:

Can you all help me rule out cheating for my friend's death here?

https://clips.twitch.tv/KitschyDarkPeanutGOWSkull

In case it's not clear, he was right in front of the big green weapons crate in the central enclosed room on the first floor of the Stronghold in Customs. We heard no gunshot, and the impact was straight to head. In a later scav run, we checked out the nearby "new" warehouses that have little poke holes overlooking Stronghold and none of them could see right in to where my friend died.

My other friend (the one whose POV is used in that video) later ran out and got shot in the arm from another mysterious location but was otherwise able to get out ok.

My first thought as to how he died was some weird angle you can see in there from, but I ran all over the area and couldn't figure one out. My only other thoughts are that it was a cheater shooting from under the map or in an otherwise bugged way or a totally insane ricochet. If it was a cheater, I don't understand why he didn't kill my other friend.

For reference, it was M855 to head, by a PMC. Didn't get the PMC's name.

If you have to try this hard to figure out if it was a cheater, it wasn't a cheater.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
This happened to me last wipe on woods, I got left behind after our four man killed Shturman. Recently the car left behind one of our group on Interchange, although we think he botched it (he made it out Emercom).

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
What's your favorite RUAF, the one where it counts down but doesn't extract, or the one where there's no counter but you get extracted suddenly at 10 seconds

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
SICC case is the true nerd's delight

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Has this happened even when the flood light on the gate is dark?

I've seen it where the flood light is dark and you stand there for 7 seconds and then the light and timer appear at 3. RUAF is haunted

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I only buy the most expensive headsets connected to my $3000 preamp with a pure platinum aux cord blessed by the Mechanius on Mars.

I actually use some $40 amazon noise cancelling RGB gamer headphones. My discord or something keeps changing all my sound levels so I make sure the sound is all the way up for Tarkov in the volume mixer. Then I wear the ear-destroyer headset, the GssH or whatever it is. On a quiet day in Shoreline I swear I can hear fuckers spawning in on Reserve

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
This game needs subtitles. *grenade pin* would be a real butt clencher

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Just Chamber posted:

Mm yes Nikita it is cool and good that i've been shot in the eyes from over 100m 2 games in a row from a scav with a shotgun on it's first shot

my question is, how are you repeatedly exposing yourself to scavs from 100+m for long enough to get killed by them?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I got two words for ya "kepka swajeely"

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

what kind of sick person doesn't let somebody complete delivery from the past

The kind of person who throws a nade in there every factory run to kill the guy who thought he was finishing it without fighting me first

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I could probably run a lap or two around new woods in a raid and see a player like every other raid, I haven't learned the stashes but it's super easy to avoid spawns and the sound of shots and spot people from really far away. The expansion made it feel like Shoreline II which is not a bad vibe for a map.

Edit: If one of you GL'd my team when we opened the first floor door into three story dorms today you can SMDFTB, also I needed a good laugh so thank you. I actually ran back towards bus depot and got killed by a naked pistol boi since I had about 45 HP

Cage Kicker fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jan 20, 2021

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Ixtlilton posted:

lol stux it's like you've never been falling over dead as a guy comes around the corner on your screen

If you're the one pushing the corner the other guy falls over dead before he sees you

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Qmass posted:

I gotta say... extracts, on top of everything else, are a real kick in the loving balls.

its hard enough starting out with everything you gotta learn - then managing to figure out where the gently caress any of the open ones are, then managing to get to one with a destroyed leg. (thankyou addict trucker that left morphine behind) Then loving finding out its for scav friends or whatever bizarre requirement they thought up and now there is no time to make it to another one even if you could with all the hateful poo poo in your way...

there has to be a balance because not having a map and not showing where the exit is on the hud (and other obfuscations) add to the experience but to experienced players its less than trivial, its just known.

I spose I wish there was a planning phase as you load in and if you bought a map it would show the open extracts and their requirements and let you memorise a couple options before you get into the poo poo - kinda like any sane soldier would IRL? I guess I can do that on the internet but now im playing a whole new game finding info sources and how to use it and I want to play a game not do some open source intel..

edit: ok very unoriginal rant over thanks for listening

I mean in this case you had to figure it out through trial and error. That's sort of the secret sauce of Tarkov

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Who the gently caress was saying they can't get 6 PMC kills in the office area on factory? If you cant find PMCs to kill on factory just uninstall because you are NOT going to like the rest of the game lmao

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
reeeee nikita how dare you make me CQB people in gun game, i just want to stuff treasure in my butthole

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Your entire justification for changing certain quests is "its annoying and I don't like it" are you surprised people don't find that valid or worthy? When did people go from "I need to get good at doing this annoying quest" to "the game is broken and needs to be fixed because I find advancement difficult"

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I have been in a habit of being douchey on the internet lately and I apologize for being a loving gamer in a chill thread. WHAT I SHOULD HAVE SAID IS I can show you how/help you do a lot of the bullshit early quests until you get your feet under you.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

sum posted:

I accidentally deployed without taking off a storage backpack and hosed up the found-in-raid enchantment of an M4 I had been saving for Punisher. What are some good places to farm them? I found the old one just randomly in a cache and I'm not banking on that happening again.

Killing a raider on Reserve is probably the cheapest, fastest way to do it.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
My survival rate for Labs is much higher than any other map, yes it is full of sweaty PMCs, but its a well lit indoor location. Raiders stick together in groups which makes them easy to locate and kill. You can raid some of the best loot spots in the entire game 500ft away from a 3 second exit

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I would blow any amount of roubles if it meant sending another PMC back to the lobby. It's the principle.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Neon Belly posted:

Their backpack may be full of bitcoins. It’s worth the risk.

Even if it's not bitcoins I bet they went through a few loot spots and filtered out the best stuff for me. Plus, insurance frauding my armor, backpack, helmet, and rig is profitable.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Even though all the windows are busted out of the mall and it's probably dirty as gently caress inside I too agree that the fog should magically stop at the outside walls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Nidhg00670000 posted:

I'm complete garbage at this game and I'm at 53%, what are you on about?

53% is really good friend, the only things that really measure good at Tarkov are survival rate (profitable raids) and stash value (profit from raiding). In a game as tough as the Tarkov, something like "I survive every other raid" is p impressive