Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Cage Kicker posted:

Tarkov will have Arena mode eventually and I think that's gonna be loving COOL

Dream: We can watch players in the arena and put bets on who will win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

i vomit kittens posted:

Runescape has this and there is a depressing amount of people who get addicted to it and use RMT to buy more gold to bet with after they lose everything.

That is loving horrifying.

I take my wish back.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Stux posted:

nikita make the pp-19 a trader purchase at level 1

This would make me so happy.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Jack B Nimble posted:

OTOH, it is important to ask what you could have done differently when you die, and a knee jerk assumption of hacking stops that, so I can see why people want to caution against it generally even if it was true in this instance.

He really didn't have many options. The only one I can really see is if he tried to jump over the fence and book it hard in the other direction.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Mae posted:

Only good streamer is Anton because he's a drooling moron and knows it (being an idiot also leads to better gameplay)

Anton and Smoke tend to be my go to. Smoke is just so chill, makes it so enjoyable to watch him.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Great Beer posted:

This is easily my least favorite thing about Anton's videos. He's fun to watch but my God the constant stream of 4chan tier memes and text to speech donations make me regret it every time.

You mean it annoys you when people donate:

"Seven hundred and seventy seven million seven hundred and seventy seven thousand....."

Stux posted:

worrun is the only tarky streamer ive seen who is probably actually hacking lol

If he is not hacking, then I am legit jealous of his target recognition and reflexes.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

kru posted:

Jdog the wise is excellent as well.

His YouTube channel is pretty great as well, super informative.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

LGD posted:

rec battery->ADAR is now rec batter + 2 chainlets->ADAR

We all know how crazy OP the ADAR is that it needs to be denied to new players behind harder to get items.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

hakimashou posted:

Next wipe the gunsmith quests are going to require the gun and all its parts to be enchanted.

Every part needs to be found in raid.

Individually.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

DrPop posted:

I'd be down with this if they made the mods required a bit more basic. Right now though I think they're a really good way for new players to learn attachment options when they get some cash and flea market. Also how having a rear sight affects sighting range lol

I am guilty of this.

"Oh man removing the rear/front sight lets me actually see the targets I am shooting at!"

This is followed by my shots going where ever they want. Luckily it was on a scav and not my PMC, but still a good lesson to learn lol.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

FileNotFound posted:

Nobody seems to loot shotguns either. MP-153 and Saigas are outstanding for killing scavs and if lucky players, and seem to consistently come back via insurance.

I try to make my shotguns as large as possible, I usually get them back.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Inspector_666 posted:

This is veering wildly off track now but if you have one of the new NVIDIA cards that support RTX Voice, that poo poo is amazing at filtering out background noise, and not just constant stuff like hums or whatever.

But also you should only be keying up when you have a thing to say on Discord anyway so background noise isn't too huge of an issue.

To piggy back off of the off topic poo poo, a mic preamp is a great tool as well. It helps to reduce noise noise. I will probably need to get one soon as my life is based around this microphone...

Here is a budget one I found: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002GZZNY?tag=gr-mic-preamps-20

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Cage Kicker posted:

I only buy the most expensive headsets connected to my $3000 preamp with a pure platinum aux cord blessed by the Mechanius on Mars.

I actually use some $40 amazon noise cancelling RGB gamer headphones. My discord or something keeps changing all my sound levels so I make sure the sound is all the way up for Tarkov in the volume mixer. Then I wear the ear-destroyer headset, the GssH or whatever it is. On a quiet day in Shoreline I swear I can hear fuckers spawning in on Reserve

If you don't user Monster Cables™, what's the point?

Stux posted:

most gaming headsets are perfectly fine for gaming and will come with a mic and be closed back. a good set of headphones and a mod mic will instantly propel you into an entirely different price range and if you are using it just for gaming you are wasting money.

Yup.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bussamove posted:

Is needing necklets for the ADAR trade new? Because I swear it used to just be a rechargeable battery.

Yup, it's super dumb.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Why the SKS instead of Vepr-136?

Most people who use the SKS over the Vepr claim it's because of the recoil. :shrug:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Slumpy posted:

when there is an sks in a game i use it

Shame the iron sight of the SKS in this game takes up 80% of the screen. I would use it so much more if that was not so loving annoying.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Stux posted:

i actually havnt used an sks this wipe yet, i have the quest reward one with the nice stock all ready to go but havnt felt a reason to take it out bcos im addicted to kedrs and pp-19s

PP-19 is so good. Cheap, gets the job done, great recoil control.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Galaga Galaxian posted:

And everyone thinks it’s trash and it’s also not very valuable so while people might rip a couple attachments off the thing they’ll rarely take the whole gun (and if they do it’ll prob get tossed for a “nicer” looted gun).

I’m also convinced a lot of people don’t know you can still fold the gun down to 2x2 by removing the butt pad and any dovetail mounted sight. Of course, even if they do know, it’s a cumbersome thing to do when you’re in the open and exposed.

I find that when I throw the wood handle on it instead of a fancy front grip people tend to not take it. Not like many people take it anyway, but still.

Also, it looks like a mini-ak with that grip which is :krad:.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ShowTime posted:

I also like the pp 19 because its the first semi decent gun with a silencer you can get. It's a low caliber bullet, but you can still get the job done. You can usually find them for around 90k and you just buy a few extra magazines and load it with AP ammo, or if you really want, 7N31 or RIP. I imagine going RIP and leg meta would be pretty good.

I've had luck with Quakemaker in it. But I used AP 6.3 the most because I didn't grind out to get the 7n. Good stuff.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Getting used to the different gun's iron sights is something to note as well. Go into offline mode and practice against some scavs.

But desync is a thing that happens, but (usually) not enough to make note of it. But desync/hit registration is a reason why I am taking a break from the game.

I unloaded 2 M4 clips into a scavs chest point blank and he managed to kill me after breaking my armor. I can count on one hand the number of times that has happened to me, but it was a breaking point that I should take a break till they add more stuff. I've been playing for awhile now, don't want to get pissed/frustrated at the game still fairly early in it's life cycle (especially a game I enjoy).

Slumpy posted:

sorry guys i was running 6b3tm all along actually im just dumb :blush:

look at this kill i got on a streamer

https://clips.twitch.tv/BlightedBlitheAlligatorRuleFive

there was actually almost an 5-8 minute leading time where I knew he was down there and all I could do was freak him out by yelling and busting windows.

https://twitch.tv/videos/878033992

(1:13:00 onward)

This made me happy because he knew he hosed up as opposed to the "omfg what a cheater". Have not watched his poo poo, but he seems like a sensible streamer :discourse:.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Tarkov is by and large a horror game.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:discourse:

Amazing

Stux posted:

i will never not jump at the first shot sound of each raid even if its nowhere near me

after going in to factory full sweaty rpk, class 5 and face shield to do delivery from the past and dying twice i of course get it done the third time with a pp19 and press armor

I would have thought with all the hours I put into the game I would get used to it.

Nope, just like you the first shot at me that comes from no-where always makes me jump.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Pharmaskittle posted:

I'm still a babby so I use grenades so infrequently that I don't yet understand how they work. Do explosions and flash effects go around corners or anything goofy, or are they pretty realistic? Do they do extra damage based on the size of the room or anything? If a frag grenade lands nearby should I hit the dirt because there's an inverted cone of shrapnel, or should I just run?

It uses video game logic. So a circle explosion from the epicenter that only damages what can be seen. If you hit the floor in front of a grenade, you will receive a healthy dosage of shrapnel to your body everything. Bring grenades because they are super useful for flushing people out, distractions for pushing, blowing up a group of scavs etc. My friend lives a little dangerously and brings M67's so he can toss the grenade, then run through the grenade before it explodes to the enemies who are usually booking it away from the grenade. Lots of fun mind games.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bussamove posted:

Christ I can't survive more than two minutes today before having to deal 350 damage to someone, have them not die, then two-tap me.

Gotta tap into your rat instincts. Being a sneaky grimy piece of poo poo is the most fun part of the game (for me at least).

See a juiced guy? See where he is going. If he is not being careful and is leaving rooms open, even better. Wait till he loots something and throw a grenade behind him (key here is not AT him but BEHIND him, better chance of the explosion blowing him up if he manages to GTFO in time). Why risk having him turn around and 360 no-scope you in the head when you can throw Mr. Grenade and watch how quickly he can exit out of a menu.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Stux posted:

not going to pretend like i played this out perfectly either but lmao how do you not win this fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmgb7ZRrQeA

The panic firing was so real. Turns out shooting randomly into a bush is not the best method to use with a mosin.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ShowTime posted:

Anyone have recommendations for decent Youtube Tarkov content creators, other than Pestily? I need some videos to download and watch while i'm at work or out for a walk. I picked up Youtube Premium trial and would like a few videos a day to get my Tarkov fix while i'm unable to play as much.

Smoke and Deadlyslob are pretty good. Worrun can be a little elitist, but is pretty amazing at the game. J Dog th3 Wise makes fantastic informative videos.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ShowTime posted:

Does Worrun still cheat? I do watch both of those and i'll have to sub to download more of their stuff.

I am not sure if he cheats, I don't think he does... but what do I know?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
gently caress Jaeger quests... Did they change them at all or do we still need to load that fat bastard up with food and water while our arms and legs are broken?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

FileNotFound posted:

Yes. You still need to feed this hardcore hunter and then engage in his sadomasochistic poo poo of shooting scvs in the balls while you are high as gently caress and dehydrated and got a broken arm...

At least you can get most of his standings up high enough to not have to do a lot of them.

Jaeger quests are absolutely hosed up and I hate all of them.

I'll take Prapors bullshit of collecting 10 scav rags covered in smegma any day.

:hmmyes:

Jaegers quests are "Challenges" :jerkbag:.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Your average factory raid is everyone killing each other in the glass hallway spawn and then nobody goes up to the office or the only office goers are altyn wearing thick boys.

Fresh wipe factory runs are so much fun for the reason you mentioned above. Everyone just using what they can in a little rear end map.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Slumpy posted:

you could cut your cost by a lot by just using a glock with AP and no mods

Glock iron sights are pretty drat good.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

FileNotFound posted:

Cheaters are paying up to $150/month for radar.

That is kind of mind blowing.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

I know the solution is “play more” so I’m not too upset, but learning all the maps as a newbie is hard.

While playing more is one solution it's kind of bad for those of us with garbage schedules. My time with this game has always been fun, but painful because I am always left behind after a wipe. While my friends are running around with meta guns, heat sensing scopes and the best ammo in the game I am following suit with a PP-19 loaded with Quake Maker and garbage armor.

The mega chads have 0 reason to not totally annihilate me halfway across the map at this stage in the game because they are bored and just want to kill. So, I have not even bothered playing this wipe. Destiny 2 and City of Heroes are games that I can pick up, play for an hour and make progress in without much thought or prep.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Famethrowa posted:

This has been, by far, the worst wipe to be a working adult taking night classes.

I'm probably not the metric to judge by, but goddamn has it been tedious for me.

Yeah I totally understand. When I was in my masters program I had to balance, teaching during the day, classes at night then competitive World of Tanks until 1 in the morning. Turns out, time gets faster and less available the older I get :smith:.

Like I said before, I do really enjoy the game but right now I feel like I can't Actually enjoy it right now if that makes sense.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Stux posted:

rushing office area with a shotgun, or a pistol with a mag of ap ammo, or a pp19 etc are all pretty viable options. if youre going to use something without ap ammo itll work fine just either aim for the face or legs.

One of my favorite memories in this game was when I did a pistol run with a 1911 in Factory. I shot some chad who didn't have his visor down in the face. He hosed me up, but luckily he had some great meds on him. Made out with some good poo poo and killed another player on the way out.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Inspector_666 posted:

loving seriously? This is their fix?

Hastily made, hastily maintained.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Pineapple prices are at an all time high.

SELL, SELL, SELL!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Inspector_666 posted:

I mean I don't expect a good solution, but upping the blue fuel trade by 1 pineapple every week is a stunningly hilarious way to go about this.

They are slowly building towards having an entire lunch meal for 4 people required as a trade to get fuel.

Jagger will be happy.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Stux posted:

we'll go with reality, the vector player is better at the game and also the m4 player is very scared and refuses to push anyone

:hmmyes:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

nothing is more satisfying than smoking some unsuspecting fully decked out chad after you've been laying down for 15 minutes watching netflix and only tabbed in because you heard him running towards your trap

https://streamable.com/fc8ppv

https://streamable.com/muj5g4

Killing chads will never not be satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

FileNotFound posted:

BSG continues to flail wildly with no clear sense of direction and further nerfed the tetriz barter for BTC to 2 tetriz and 2 Green Bats for 1 BTC - in a barter that already sold out instantly.

Big brain changes.

The choices they make are... interesting to say the least.

Blizzard takes an interesting approach when they buff/nerf characters in Heroes of the Storm where they give a brief description on the logic for that change. That might be hard to do on a grand scale patch for BSG, but it would certainly be telling for where their logic is pointing them.