Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Free yourself from the bitcoins comrades. Instead of whining about fuel you can shoot people and take their stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

5 kills to epsilon, everyone in Factory please stop returning fire in case its me

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

I think they killed the Tetriz for Bitcoin swap?

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

What's the tipping point for bitcoin profitability? I'm about to unlock the L1 farm and wondering how many GPUs I need to break even.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

FileNotFound posted:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/e...=20210220215413

Even with 1 card you get a BTC every 25 hours.

Appreciate the quick response, but that link is dead for me.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Cheers, looks like I'm grinding OLI for parts and cash tonight.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Got the bitcoin farm. Feels good to be a 1%er. Ironically this now has me naked+gun running interchange for GPUs so I’m also saving hella cash on gear!

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

I think with the economy busted, Labs is less about money and more about consistent access to rare items for end game quests and hideout.

Also for rich folks who want to show off their gear and / or skills.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

no

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

The best helmet is whatever you scoop off the chad you killed.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

No judgement here, but is Single Player Tarkov just you running around booping Scavs?

I mean, they're definitely nasty enough to be a threat to everyone who hasn't memorized the scav patterns, but do they keep the game engaging?

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Franks Happy Place posted:

Or they got killed by yet another player, and your loot didn't make the cut among all of the loot that biggest fish was picking from

Exactly. What you thought was your best gear didn’t even catch the nine-figure-looters’ eye.

You poor rear end scum.

Wipe when.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

I will take you up on this free money thing

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Cool, I'll hit you up this weekend. And no pressure, just looking to keep the lab-death-grind flowing.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

the best thing about the scav update is playing PMC and finding groups of little happy player scavs trading garbage and lean dancing

like a beautiful mating ritual

which you then lob a grenade into

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Got my first Tagilla kill yesterday

God drat is he scary to run into in the tunnels

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

The shoreline ones are pretty fun to play tarkov as essentially a podcast / movie game. Just hop in the bushes overlooking the tunnel / river extracts and put on your fav degenerate media.

Chill and enjoy until you hear footsteps or see movement, blast 'em, loot, extract, repeat.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

as someone who has been stockpiling water :yeshaha:

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Anyone playing The Cycle: Frontier? I got a few hours in last night and had a blast. I was against voice comms in Tarkov, but it's been pretty hilarious in practice. Just getting yelled at by very stoned people. "YOU COOL BRO? WE COOL? I'M COOL."

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

BEARs are cops, pick USEC to help your fellow blayts with that one quest.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Having skipped the last wipe to play a bunch of other games, I think the greatest crime this game commits is long load times. The Cycle really hammered it home. You can have a group of three and be in a game under 30 seconds in that game every single drop. Same with the big AAA shooters and other multiplayer games.

Tarkov is harsh enough that having 10 minute queue times is a huge buzzkill. If I could get in a game in under 30 seconds, the pain wouldn't feel so bad, but knowing that grouping + equipping + loading is 20 mins per run is just loving such a buzzkill.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Pro tip, swing by the rocky hill on the bottom right overlooking water treatment. 1/4 raids there’s a dead PMC there who got cheeky trying to snipe the rogues.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Keep santa forever, keep positive scav karma pure from the murder hobos

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

HE WAS COMING RIGHT AT ME

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO CHEER

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Claiming losses to cheaters is how some people deal with the stress of tarky. You can’t tell ‘em they’re wrong the same way you can’t explain to a conspiracy theorist that chemtrails aren’t real or lizard folk don’t exist. They’re operating in a reality different from the rest of us. :smith:

see, that video a few pages back

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Depends on the given value of Best.

Easiest? Extract camp factory. Most PMCs won’t be super geared.
Simplest? Factory.
Loot value? Probably lighthouse now, though hard to setup.
Smallest risk? Customs.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

My solo scav behavior is dependent on how flush on cash and gear I am. If I'm struggling and broke, I do as you say and creep the perimeter and gtfo. If i'm comfortable or wealthy I go for riskier loot spawns, pick ambush fights with PMCs, and lurk around PMC on PMC fights to try and scoop gear.

If you're more specifically looking for routes or w/e check out Interchange or Woods stash run routes. They're pretty safe even for PMCs.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

scav kappa is 1x7

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Yeah the xtg thing rocks. I wonder if they're testing accelerated rounds for Arena or if they're prepping for some radiation wizardry in labs or streets.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Got Schturman and Rashala last night. Just need Killa, Sanitar, and Glukar… then THE BOYS.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Thank god there's no scav option. I love my Tarkov buddies, but they are so loving risk adverse that I play less sweaty PMC loadouts with them then when I'm solo.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

CaptainEO posted:

Any specific tips for surviving the first 5-10 minuts on Shoreline without getting domed by an unseen sniper? I know the paths out of the eastern spawns near radar station are usually camped. I'm finding it hard to get out of those spawns alive - and yesterday I got one-tapped in front of a swamp village house.

real answer: go prone in a bush and make a sandwich

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Danknificent posted:

I've watched some guides and I understand some of it, but my problem is that I'm getting into trouble before I can even reach the Rogues so that I'm in no condition to try anything with them when I do, so I end up slinking out. That's okay; I can figure that part out. I'm going to try approaching from a different direction. I'm not too worried; the nice thing about the marker quests is that you get credit even if you die, so I'll find a way, even if it's just one-way.

If you’re real desperate, you might try dressing as a scav and following a gaggle of other scavs in later.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

yeah, exactly

second floor is where the loot is too. you can usually get a nade kill on some idiot prone on the safe

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Yeah DMZ is okay, fun for a few quick games. Has the positive of not taking 7 minutes to get into a raid or waiting fifteen minutes for your compulsive buddy to reorganize their inventory so they can fit in another poo poo AK.

I didn't even know squads could merge until I ended up in a six man. We tooled around, did a cell phone mission, and ended up grabbing the skin box. Queue all six of us in one of the armored trucks rolling up on an evac guarded by a solo player. We all pop out and proceed to firing line this poor bastard into atoms. Hilarious.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

dozens of hours of play.

real answer is watch one of the hundred videos on youtube or just figure it out.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

scav karma isn't real and can't hurt you. just shoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Jakosa posted:

It's weird that I enjoy regain raids the most. The fear of losing my gear cramps my games when I go in fully kitted.

How do you guys handle that? Do you end up not caring at some point?

you gotta realize the gamble is the appeal. you gotta have the lows to make the highs worth it.