Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
I got this a couple weeks ago, and after banging my head against the wall I think I’ve finally got a groove going in the past few raids. Every starting guide recommended starting with the SKS, but it just didn’t click. I finally tried a Vepr Ak I got from a Scav run and it was like playing a different game. Instead of struggling just to kill Scavs I’m dropping them no problem, and at the very least getting a few hits on players. Does anyone else have a gun which everyone uses but just doesn’t click for you?

Also got level 10, and that first flea market dump of things collected in the first ten levels is sooo satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
It’s great when preparing differently than normal to fit the situation pays off. I had two customs quests (including a dorms one). I was planning on taking my Hunter, but if I got into dorms I would need something for cqc. So I brought along an mp5 with one mag I had already with the plan to dump it if I found any other gun. I got into the second floor of the two storey, hiding in a room while all hell breaks loose downstairs. After its quiet I creep down the stairs, and Reshala come right around the corner with a goon. I managed to put them both down with a hunter shot and emptying my mp5 mag.

By taking that mp5 I not only don’t die, but get the sweet loot.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

rap music posted:

sheesh i can't find gpus for poo poo

I’ve had pretty good luck with the small tech store across from Mantis at Interchange. I’ve gotten 3 in the past couple days on my Scav. The store across from Emercom medical seems less picked over too than the tech stores near Oli.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

Shumagorath posted:

Tarkov Shooter part 3 is such bullshit that I'm starting to question if I really need Jaeger LL3. My dogtag has become the town bike as I cause >200 damage to body and score more hits than I fire shots yet 50-50 die in someone's SMG firehose or leave without seeing another PMC. Sitting at 1/3 after 20 runs and I'd probably have a better chance doing Shoreline bullshit solo.

I had trouble when I was trying with the m700 and sv98. I found using the stubby Mosin works well in factory as you can sit closer to the wall to hold angles where the other bolt actions seem pretty unwieldy. But yeah also gotta get pretty lucky with how geared enemies are.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
Man I have to stop rushing to get in game and clicking through the menus. I loaded into interchange, had my sight on a guys head running out of spawn,pulled the trigger and *click*. I forgot to load my mosin. The natural reaction is to push R right away, which was heard and got me blasted immediately. I messaged the guy afterwards and we had a good laugh, but a good reminder to prepare a bit more carefully.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
I haven’t had a chance to get in yet but I really wanna try inertia changes. What kind of queue times have people been getting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
I have actually had a rough time so far. I’ve just been a magnet for groups. All of my deaths so far have been running into two mans and three mans. I’ve taken down either 1-2 but taken out by the rest without a chance to reposition.

I will say that the sub-2 minute queues have made it an easier pill to swallow.