Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

I'm pretty sure I've peaked. Wiping an entire Factory's worth of PMCs in under 3 minutes, using nothing but a TOZ-106. Made me regret that I wasn't recording it. Headed up to the offices, hearing folks moving around. Popped the first guy unaware as he came up the stairs, then another guy coming across the 'skybridge' to the offices proper. The duo in the offices heard me and we exchanged fire, and they bled me pretty good, so I ran. I went prone in the 'break room' where you deposit the Delivery from the Past package to heal up, but one of the guys comes up behind me and hits me twice center-of-mass with what I'd later find out were non-AP slugs (if he'd hit me anywhere else, I'd be dead). I hear his shotgun click, so I got up and jumped down to the first floor. The shotgun guy's chasing me with his knife out, and I down him in two shots, and his buddy's still up on the catwalk shooting good 7.62 at me and I pop him between the eyes. I quickly loot the two and decide to fuckin' high-tail it out, and I start getting shot as I go into gate 3. A little back-and-forth while my extract timer's counting down, I killed him, only to find out in the AAR that that was the fifth and final player on the map.

I was screaming for the back half of that story. The game is good.

The kicker? I was only in Factory with a TOZ for a 'kill scavs' daily I got literally no progress on that run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

M80 is honestly disgusting. I've been using an RFB lately and the stuff feels like cheating.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

aniviron posted:

I've always wondered if you could have one person come in naked to be marked and cursed while a friend brings kit, to help out with those scav kill quests.

My friends tried this recently since we all had a shitload of 'kill scavs on Customs' quests. Apparently, it doesn't work unless all members of the group are wearing a tagged/cursed kit.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Zipperelli. posted:

Hit level 27 and I have a total of 5 PMC kills. There is literally no way I'll ever be able to do the "Kill 3 PMC's with a pistol," much less the "Friend From the West pt. 1"

Come to think of it, I've never completed those quests. Ever.

Ordinarily I wouldn't care, but this just locks off a huge chunk of the game for me because I can't unlock PK or do some Skier quests.

Honestly, do your scav runs for cash and use it to put together cheapo loadouts for Factory runs. The only way you get better at PvP is by doing PvP and Factory is the best way of doing that. You can barter for an MMAC for about 50k which is just about the cheapest way to get a half-decent tier 4 armor, buy a double-barrel for less than 10k, and stuff your pockets with 8.5mm magnum buck (for leg meta) or 6.5mm express buck (for head-eyes seeking). If you're feeling extra spicy, you don't even need the armor, but for about ~60k total (which you should easily be able to get from a scav run without even looting anything) you can make a loadout that has respectable stopping power and decent enough armor to give you some longevity in a protracted firefight.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

AlternateAccount posted:

Shoreline is the Worst Map. Tons of funnels. Tons of PMCs just humping grass or jammed into a rock living out their CHRIS KYLE AMERICAN SNIPER fantasies.
I hate it.

Shoreline is what you'd get if you described Customs to a level designer who had never played the game before. Just a genuinely terrible map. Path to Lighthouse extract made it marginally more bearable this wipe but it's still my least favorite map by a country mile.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Rahu posted:

I just met a guy on factory who had a altyn helmet + face mask, trooper armor, an mp7 with a silencer, and a blackrock vest w/ grizzly. The interesting part is that he was shooting Action SX ammo. Is there some gimmick here I don't understand or was this guy using terrible ammo with a really expensive kit? I killed him with a ump and level 4 armor presumably because his bullets were too poo poo.

Not terrible ammo at all, just leg meta. The idea is their armor keeps them relatively safe from conventional strategies, and they leg you dead in less than a second.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

How do I get more dollars? I need to spend 11k at peacekeeper ot level up and I've hardly found any

You can buy dollars from Peacekeeper, which thankfully also counts as currency spent

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Psycho Society posted:

Is factory the only map with scavs right now? Have had a few raids in woods and customs and have not seen a single soul despite checking all the major areas

I have definitely been seeing a lot fewer scavs lately. My running theory is the mostly passive event scavs are taking the spots that would normally spawn standard scavs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

I know a guy whose play time is 90% Factory, I feel like your stats will generally trend toward those in that situation