Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

My Gimmick Name posted:

Picked one map to start with and get real comfy with - customs (maybe a mistake?)

Not a mistake at all, you'll be spending a TON of time on Customs with early and mid game quests, and overall it's a great map since they expanded it with solid loot and interesting battlegrounds to kill mans and get killed by mans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Gabriel S. posted:

Does it just take forever to join games now or what?

Each raid fully waits for every player before starting in order to eliminate late spawns. It’s a bit annoying but late spawns were worse so I’m ok with it.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

interchange is a mess

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Raged posted:

Ugggh why is this all over twitch. It reminds me I bought the bad with money edition years ago....gently caress it gonna install

There's a week long 24/7 drops event, which are mostly poo poo. I got some matches.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

SKS is a great early game weapon, but it's definitely not "only use this gun, full stop".

Honestly outside of the cosplay quests that force you to use certain guns, the best advice regarding weapons I could give is: Use a gun that you like and are familiar with, and can afford decent ammo for it. If there's a gun that you like running, that you can hit shots with better, etc it's going to trump trying to force yourself to use some "best in slot" gun that you're unfamiliar with.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Dorms is south which makes Big Red the eastern side of the map, not the west.

Yes all the commonly used maps are wrong all these years and it’s been an annoying transition.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Last wipe it was balaclava only.

While we are on the subject, the M1 armored rig still doesn’t count as armor for Jaeger’s task Unprotected But Dangerous.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Ihmemies posted:

Maybe people don't realize it can't be used for the Jäger quest because they must be FIR. And if you buy stuff from flea it is not FIR. I'd simply assume people are dumb.

Nah jaeger is the Emylia croutons, the tushonka craft uses regular rye croutons which are either sold out on flea at all times or 100k+

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

DrPop posted:

Can you all help me rule out cheating for my friend's death here?

https://clips.twitch.tv/KitschyDarkPeanutGOWSkull

In case it's not clear, he was right in front of the big green weapons crate in the central enclosed room on the first floor of the Stronghold in Customs. We heard no gunshot, and the impact was straight to head. In a later scav run, we checked out the nearby "new" warehouses that have little poke holes overlooking Stronghold and none of them could see right in to where my friend died.

My other friend (the one whose POV is used in that video) later ran out and got shot in the arm from another mysterious location but was otherwise able to get out ok.

My first thought as to how he died was some weird angle you can see in there from, but I ran all over the area and couldn't figure one out. My only other thoughts are that it was a cheater shooting from under the map or in an otherwise bugged way or a totally insane ricochet. If it was a cheater, I don't understand why he didn't kill my other friend.

For reference, it was M855 to head, by a PMC. Didn't get the PMC's name.

There is a very narrow angle on middle loot room from the train platform between Fort and New Construction, and that's really the only place your shooter could have been.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I’ve always kept a stack of roubles in my gamma and never once has a vehicle extract failed to take it out of there.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

socialsecurity posted:

If headphones don't make a difference how are people hearing me from such insane distances, do they just jack their sound up to dangerous levels? If so is there someway to not be deafened by gunshots then?

In-game headsets make a huge difference in hearing footsteps and sound. So does the Perception skill. Elite Perception allows someone to hear at a much greater distance.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Mesadoram posted:

Tarkov is by and large a horror game.

Can confirm

https://streamable.com/ufrblo

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

The new camp on Woods near RUAF Roadblock has a ton of food usually.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

"I saw a BEAR over there" is definitely a USEC voice line. Not sure about the metal thing.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Inspector_666 posted:

A fun one would just be to become Killa. RPK 95 rounder (plus spare 60s) full of Igolnik and his vest and helmet.

Bonus points if you have smoke grenades and a labs keycard

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Morshu posted:

So how prevalent are hackers in this game? I'm still relatively new, but had a pretty sketchy moment that felt like someone literally teleported behind me.

I was in the village on the east side of the woods, and I heard a guy stomping around outside and then get into a shootout with a scav, so I quietly snuck upstairs, which I had already cleared and confirmed was empty, and waited to see if he would come in after me or leave. After a few seconds I heard a THUMP right behind me like someone jumped or fell off a ledge and then got shot and died instantly.

Now, later on another run out of curiosity I went back to see if maybe it was possible to climb onto the roof, or onto an awning, or if there was a good vantage point to pop me from outside, and nope. I didn't see any possible way someone could've gotten in behind me. There was also no way this dude somehow got into the building and went upstairs without me noticing. It also wasn't a grenade.

I was kinda pissed off because I was rocking the best gear I had and it felt super sketchy, so is this something that happens from time to time or am I just salty that some dude outplayed me?

Were you killed by a scav or PMC?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Guiness13 posted:

Eh, I'm currently sitting at about 15% and I'm still having fun. I just bought in this wipe and I haven't been playing consistently, so I'm still learning maps and stuff. There's a long way to go, but I knew I'd be dying a ton going in, especially since I'm not great at shooters to begin with. Still, winning a fight and extracting is such a goddamn rush. Hell, sitting in a bush with an SKS while two groups of geared monsters duke it out right next to me while praying noone chucks a nade my way is a rush.

The biggest rush is doming the geared monster that wins the fight while he’s looting his kill!

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Lorem ipsum posted:

Does USEC get the dope tracksuit like Bear does?

Anyone can get this by killing Killa 100 times.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

My favorite is when they go “aktay ya buggala” but I have yet to find a translation in any of the videos and obviously I’m not spelling that correctly at all.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

If you're scavving in a group and not all constantly hitting f1 for random voice lines, I honestly don't know what's wrong with you.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

My weird sound issue other than the ADAR clock is that some guns have great echoes from their shots and some (this is especially noticeable on full auto guns) don’t. So you hear an m700 with a really nice echo from the loud crack, and then an AK full auto burst that just stops dead because the sound file is JUST the gunshot.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Also the money you save on the gun will easily be soaked up by ammo. 7n31 is ridiculously expensive for how quickly it pisses out of a vector and the fact you have to spray everyone down.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Lmao just uncouple bitcoin from real life prices why is this so hard, Nikita?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Wait what? New voices for sanitar, reshala and gluhar were added in months ago.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Reminder that Nikita hates that the wiki exists and wishes people would do tasks based entirely on the in game prompts. There are times I’m convinced he doesn’t actually want anyone to play his game.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

hakimashou posted:

STREAMERS!!!!!!!

:allears:

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Listen all I want to do is be a "Chad" and have my "white man" shoot other "white men" so all the "HB10's" want my dick while "I" listen to the "Joe" Rogan Experience and alt-tab "out" to read 8chan on the loading screens.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I watched two minutes of AquaFPS on twitch.tv and he reached through the screen and shaved my mustache into a toothbrush and made me download Mein Kampf from Audible.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I just want mtx outfits. BSG take my money to rock cutoff jean bootyshorts on Hudson already.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Hooplah posted:

i hate how bad i am at this game yet i can't stop

Thread title

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Heatwave event? You know what time it is.

https://clips.twitch.tv/FineClearSquidKappa

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

DrHammond posted:

Vehicle extracts give massive fence rep. Recommend carrying 7K rubles into every raid.

The first few times do but it quickly reaches diminishing returns down to 0.01 per v-ex.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

You can get most of a Holodilnick in a single Goshan run if nobody else has been back there. You'll just have to source the Hot Rods elsewhere.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Are you sub-level-20? You could just buy the Hot Rods from flea.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Stux posted:

why are you haording food

A man’s gotta eat.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

His name is Killa, not Hugs & Kissa.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Kikas posted:

Bosses will attack Scavs under 6 Fence karma, won't they?

Generally yes, but sometimes they are chill with you as long as you don't get too close or they've been activated by PMCs. Not sure if it's intended mechanics (lol Nikita) but a lot of people report Killa will murderfuck any player that enters his vicinity once he's been activated by a PMC attempting to kill him.

I remember reading somewhere earlier this wipe someone was scavving in Goshan and Killa sprinted all the way from Brutal to kill him.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Scavs have new ai from last wipe where they will randomly shoot into the air or the wall. I think it’s to throw people off because you might think they’re fighting players.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

"Bug or feature?" "Cheater or Tarkov" These are the age-old questions we ask every night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

This must be your first wipe. If you think zabralos are opportunistic gouging wait until you start hitting the flea market for gunsmith quests.