Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
Does it matter if I'm a Bear or Twink whatever the other thing is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Riddle me this, lmao I’m a loving moron but riddle me this, how the gently caress do I die in offline mode with PVE unchecked? Are there still loving snipers?

Something is killing me with two shots center mass. I’ve died twice trying to extract from customs at z1013

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

was about to ask wtf happened to the economy, everything is like 2 roubles.... this is due to the reset I guess? I know nothing about this game.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

What is scav karma? Why does it matter?

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

hello internet posted:

Redditors complained loudly enough about player scavs shooting other player scavs so they implemented a system to pushing player scavs that shoot other scavs. Eventually all AI scavs will be shooting at you if it gets too low but alternatively there are so bonuses if you get it fairly high

Is the meta to shoot other scavs anyway for the additional infuriation you give that person?

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

How much damage is a "kill" I did 83 damage to one guy with 5 hits of a pp19 or whatever smg I had. Just curious.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

hello internet posted:

It depends where you hit. You could theoretically hit someone for over 400 without killing them

Lets assume I did 83 damage to the torso, how much damage can the torso take before death? I assume 100, is that correct?

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

I just want to be able to sleep tonight knowing that guy was really hosed up after that and probably died to something else shortly after.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Why in the name of god would someone take a perfectly good mosin and saw the barrel off.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

what if you're like, really really dumb. and hate yourself. and are russian.

Or like, if you’re really really Russian and dumb. And also hate yourself. Then I can see it.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

I must be confused. So I spawn in as a scav in the hotel/motel//holiday inn thing. I leave and go to the gas station and notice some scavs loving around yelling and shooting at what I thought was my direction. I duck into some trees because I thought there was a player. I leave my cover and one scav throws a grenade at me, yelling somehting in russian, then another one shoots me in the head.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

In my scav game just now I was chillin trying to fix my windows and a scav ran up to me and stared at me. I q'd and e'd bc he seemed like a player staring at me. Then he shot me and I shot him in the head. who loses karma here?

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

sorry that I'm like 1/3 of the posts in this thread asking stupid questions... I have no idea what I'm doing. Are one of these people bosses? I lit a dude up in the gas station like, right in the face and he didnt die. I reloaded and did it again and then he did die.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

the player skill this wipe is really low, I think I've only died to players once or twice in an actual gunfight

This rings true with me. I am admittedly garbage but somehow I've collected four dogtags and left some behind. I'm still learning wtf im doing.

Yesterday I got into a 10ft shootout with my PP19 thing on customs in all the uprooted plumbing or whatver between the construction area and the building with medical stuff in it. I ended up head shotting him after he shot me in the chest and I guess totally hosed me up. I laid on the ground for like 5 full minutes just using up all three of his car medical bags trying to stop all the light bleeding at had going on. My dude was bitching and wheezing the whole time, I assume because his lungs were full of blood. Also has to use all of my cheese, and the thing to stop deep bleeding. I somehow hobbled over to RUAF roadblock exit and got a W with barely anything left to take home bc I fuckin used it all on myself.

SnoochtotheNooch fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Dec 15, 2021

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

I also just started and have been the biggest “little bitch” on the map. I used to react to every step I took like a fuckin deer and just drop down and closely listen to if there was anyone else around me walking in a terrified adrenaline rush.

I’ve recently started just not wearing ears so I can be a little less paranoid. And I’ve started running reserve, factory and woods. Before I was just customs over and over. I would heavily encourage new players to scav run in factory and then take the same load out back into factory. It’s helped me get over my traumatized Bambi phase.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

VOIP is a 100% improvement. Suddenly running through dorms is not a guaranteed fight to the death with everyone else there. Also, in woods, I spotted someone running perpendicular to me, and he spots me, lights me up, and I SKS him center mass.

My legs broke and im behind a tree lining up on him and hear "I'm sorry man, I'm just gonna leave." He turns and I shoot him in the back and he drops. I hobbled about 2km with broken legs and finally got found by some dude laying prone in a bush about 10 meters away from me.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

I'm a bad newbie idiot, I just followed the steps to complete the search mission for prapor, I died right after getting the click for finding the convoy. Didnt thinkto check anything. Did a woods game at night to sneak into the usec camp and I extracted from that. which is just hell in reality. I do not ever recommend it. Now I see that neither of the tasks are complete when I went to turn in to prapor. Do these have to be done at the same time in the latest patch?

SnoochtotheNooch fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Dec 23, 2021

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Should I walk up to Christmas trees with scavs circling? Should I kill the scavs? They don’t seem interested in me and I was pretty close to them on woods.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

I just blew through a scav on factory who was standing directly in front of santa who immediately unloaded some monster machine gun he was holding. I just ran the gently caress out bc I'm pretty sure hes just a boss HP wise.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Just had the best scav experience ever.

I loaded into reserve somewhere in hills and tanks and poo poo on the south side of the map. I run over with just a shotgun in the direction of black bishop. I hear some footsteps and call out "SCAB?" and I peak, see a pmc and line up the best shotgun shot in the head in my life so far. In the same second as me pulling the trigger I hear "uhhmm" on voip just as I blow this guy away.

Hes absolutely lloaded with poo poo a dml, a scar and a bunch of poo poo I've never even seen before. He had the super long pmc backpack so it was wonky fitting my poo poo with his. I got a 2 new sets of armor and two helmets plus a bunch of mags and meds. I start to leave thinking I'll go to hole in the wall by the mountain and suddenly stop when I see 6 dead bodies right next to where this guy died. Whatever must have happened had to be amazing for this guy to come out of on top, only to die to my dumbass.

There were at least 3 dogtags I took away that I stuck around to checkout. I got a little nervous and decided I needed to split. I dropped the level 4 dogtag, I kept the 20 I killed, and kept a 16 I found in the pile. My only regret is not screenshotting the scene. It was literally bodies on bodies. in like 6 feet of each other.

I think I'm just going to break down and sell all this poo poo except for the dml, which I now have 6 mags for.

SnoochtotheNooch fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 30, 2021

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Stux posted:

i would simply buy enough servers for every copy ever sold regarldess of average playercount over time. simple as thaht really. use youre head.

That would for sure net you a negative number of dollars. Use your head.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

When the next wipe? I am really bad and feel like everyone is way ahead of me. Need a reset plz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

I accept I am poo poo at this game. But this round hand my hands shaking and the pistol rattling.

Still not one godamned pmc with a pistol.