Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Are the wipes at any specific interval or is it just whenever the devs release some new feature or randomly decide that too many players are at level X?

I just recently got the game and they don't seem to have any info about them on their website or in the OP here but they are mentioned in like every post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Seems like they should just call them "seasons" and make it a bi-annual or something.

Regardless, the game is fun and I killed some level 30 dude the other night with a broken rear end ak with no dustcover or stock and got my rear end lit up while looting his corpse so 10/10 great game.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Just Chamber posted:

I thought that too but his visor was down with zero damage to it, very strange, can 366 AP one tap defender armor? It did have some damage.

The game servers were making GBS threads themselves yesterday evening, perhaps the pmc just got disconnected?

I had a completely full inventory and got to the RUAF roadblock last night with like 20 seconds left and the server kicked me and I lost everything. It wouldn't let me join any new games and the "getting ready" screen had like nobody on the map.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Spent all evening last night getting stuffed into a locker by groups of terminator armored chads and finally got a single face tap on a lvl 51 dude immediately as he leaned and poked his head around a corner to murder me and a buddy.

The guy was geared to the teeth and carrying at least one other high level pmc's gear/loot and I felt his rage through the internet like a disturbance in the force.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Thanks for the info. Bought it now (loving expensive for a Beta lol!). I'll join the discord but will probably play a few weeks to get the super basics out of the way.

Do offline raids with no pve on one or two maps until you know where to go, the most frustrating part for me learning was that the exits are mostly inconspicuous and have no way at all of knowing where they are without pulling up a map online. Some are easier to tell but most are just a description of an area and you have to be in a specific spot to extract.

Also offline will let you learn the mechanics and maps without losing all your starting gear and $

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

LGD posted:

Also if you are conscientiously doing offline raids I'd also suggest doing some with pve enabled, because it'll help you work on your approach to AI scavs (who are legitimately dangerous, especially to new players)

Yeah I agree with everything posted here. I'd say this is the order to take for sure.

1. Offline raids with no pve just to learn the spawn spots and paths to the exit from them.
2. Offline raids with pve enabled to learn scav behaviors and spawn locations of loot and scavs
3. Jump into a real game solo with in-game headphones and curl up into a fetal position silently and listen for footsteps.

I also agree with the sentiment about group games being somewhat difficult in regards to communication. It's a constant comms game of "was that you moving? I heard movement." or "I have no visual on you anymore, sorry if I get spooked and kill you" or "I see a PMC, he's by the *generic description of map asset that could be literally every location in the map*"

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Glad they're nerfing scav AI ability to see you through bushes and trees.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Anyone else notice audio glitches with the latest patch? It seems like every now and then my own character sounds like someone else stepping on wood in my right earpiece. It's been freaking me out constantly on every map and even when there's no wood anywhere near by.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

adamantium|wang posted:

I'm pretty sure this is a bug with Steam audio that's been around forever. Annoying as hell.

Yeah apparently so, I guess I didn't notice it as much before this week's patch.

It's actually the first thing this guy talks about in this patch changes video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njFEbY4yhIU

also there are examples of it in the video lol

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

InevitableCheese posted:

being required to survive maps at specific extracts for travel between them

Lmao gently caress that entirely. I will stop playing the game 100% if this becomes standard

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Cage Kicker posted:

It'll be on Thursday

Is this a joke or will it really wipe on Thurs?

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Malefitz posted:

The other quest where you have to plant the stuff was just annoying because I didn't realize I had to plant each item individually and they weren't all planted at once.

Yeah I did the exact same thing and haven't played woods since because it pissed me off that I could have easily done it if the stupid janky game had told me I only planted one of the two items. "Place" should be fixed to say "place water" or "place lunchbox".

Also it's pretty frustrating to have all the quests to kill scavs on woods and there are like zero scavs on that map. I think in a total of about 10 runs I encountered only 7 scavs and only managed to do the unarmored 5-kill quest.

Woods is a lovely map and I don't like it at all. I wish more early quests were on interchange or shoreline.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
You'd think that with the amount of money they've made on this game they would hire at least one english-speaking person to re-write all the Google translated nonsense in the quests. Half the time I just straight up have to look the missions up because the descriptions are just complete word salad and the objectives aren't clear.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

ShowTime posted:

Been a few days since I played and even with the BTC nerf i'm loving having some passive income. Feels good to not play for a weekend and have more money than when I stopped playing. If this is what true Tarkov feels like, i'm about it.

*plays for 150 hours and still not even lvl 20*

Yeah sure would be nice to make millions for doing nothing in-game and to never worry about losing your gear to a random face tap 30 mins into a raid after completing two quests that require extracting alive for the sixth time in a row.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Not just bitching...clearly I enjoy the game and will keep playing it but there's like two entirely different games within tarkov once you get passive income.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Hooplah posted:

is there a key other than esc for closing containers/menus? a couple times now when i've been trying to loot fast i've reached my index up to esc and brought my hand down in the wrong spot and hit G instead of F when trying to loot the next thing. that's obviously... less than ideal.

Tab

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
I found a dead scav out there one time when I was scavving and went to grab his backpack and blew off both legs.

Luckily my exit was at the lighthouse but hobbling at the slowest speed in the game down the beach highway and across that little land bridge while yelling in pain and agony and unable to see more than five feet from pain tremors was probably the most unsettling feeling I've had in tarkov... even as a scav.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Tarkov is popular on twitch right now because it's a game that's more fun to watch people play than to play yourself most times lmao

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Orv posted:

E: Misunderstood the question actually, yeah looks like some very minor level of destructibility too.

Yeah looks like he's blasting through a wall to enter. Wonder if the TNT and/or Thermite have something to do with that in the future.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Inspector_666 posted:

Either you're gonna have to sneak up on it and plant a charge to kill it, or they're adding RPGs and either way: Nah.

Or it's just a cosmetic timed event like the train in reserve that just brings the boss and a bunch of raiders into the map. You can see them all hop out at the end of the video.

Maybe it's an extract after you kill the boss.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Orv posted:

Unfortunately you can see the turret beginning to turn towards the player and BSG doesn't strike me as the kind of studio that makes a purely cosmetic autocannon.

Nikita mentioned something about the scav karma system rewarding players who "protect bosses". It would be pretty badass to spawn in the APC turret with a high-enough karma.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Ice Fist posted:

I think I'm officially done until streets is released. Although I've said that before so we'll see.

They said streets was going to be released in like 20 expansions or something nuts like that, you may be waiting quite a while for that one.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Ice Fist posted:

That's fine. I've gotten hundreds of hours out of this game. Even with the bad with money edition I think I've got my money's worth.

Nice.

I started in the middle of last wipe and by the time I learned a few maps and understood the basics the economy was completely broken.

I'm pretty excited to play from the beginning with the bad with money edition.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
I want them to make an offline co-op mode where you can enable the raider event.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Matching in hell forever

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Captain Gordon posted:

In the client, turn off automatic server selection and manually tick every server under 100-120ms.

I was able to cut down 10+minute matching times to 2-3 or so.

Already had this done before the wipe. I was trying to play with friends yesterday and only managed to make it into two raids after waiting 15+ mins each time.

Jank rear end broken servers getting ddosed by the player base just trying to play the game.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Stux posted:

glad the people who have apparently just discovered online games and are shocked devs dont overprovision servers for the 2 weeks after a major launch/update are here too

Lmfao "just discovered online games"

If they have server capacity problems they should increase them, it's that simple. If their jank rear end matchmaking system/servers can't handle the entire current player base it needs to be fixed.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Pretty sure that's a bug.

I am one of those degenerate pscavs. Is there a guide anywhere of how the new karma system works? already at -0.06 i think

I think the only way to increase it is to kill pmcs and maybe making sure the boss isn't killed?
Also I think extracting with a PMC boosts it

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Stux posted:

i mean the system will work itself out very quickly as all the pscavs who go around killing other scavs become kos by the ai even on scav runs lol

Yeah punishing the scav timer would help a lot too, if it takes them like 45+ mins or some insane time to spawn as scav with trash loadout most of those players will just migrate to PMC full time.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Seems like it's still basically impossible to match with a group of 2+ players. All last night I was trying with friends and we only managed to get into one raid in like two hours because the matching would go for like 15-20 mins trying to find a match, several times it would just crash to the loading profile screen and had to be alt+f4'd

We ended up running scav on interchange a bunch which was a lot of fun with the other player scavs not being aggro. We had two raids where we found another scav squad and ran around the mall 8-deep looting and shooting pmcs.

No party like a scav party

Dr_0ctag0n fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jul 2, 2021

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Cage Kicker posted:

Player scavs are great because they go thru all the trash and sort out the best poo poo, for me to take when I then shoot them in the head. The new update made it even easier, you don't even have to fight them any more. You just press F1 and wiggle a little and they come right over, bang, pow, thanks for the water filter dumbass

You know if you extract with them you get free XP, fence rep, gear, and money right?

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Hooplah posted:

Those crashes sound messed up, that sucks. I'm glad that's not happening to me, all I get is that thing where the game hangs for 3-5 mins after every raid. which, when you die to a stiff breeze like i do, really adds up.

I think this is network/router related, if you're using some ISP 'rental' modem/router combo device it's probably the culprit. I play with a group of friends and the only one with a Comcast modem/router always complains about this and takes like 3 mins longer than us to get back to the main menu despite having a better PC than everyone else.

It seems like it's trying to load your profile data when the spinning load icon is at the bottom right.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

poe meater posted:

I can't figure out why I can't trade in the shotgun for the gunsmith part 1 quest. It seems like it checks all the boxes.

https://imgur.com/a/BuEWvNi

I think you have the same problem as me and it's 48 ergo and needs to be 47 because of the railed foregrip rather than the sprut

The gunsmith quests are so dumb, it should be a wider option of attachments to accomplish the same thing (ie, get a laser, pistol grip, and extended mag, under 4 squares) rather than the exact configuration of basically one set of parts needed to get the exact number of ergo or recoil that you have to fiddle with or lookup on the wiki.

Dr_0ctag0n fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 11, 2021

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Stux posted:

it has to be over 47 so 48 is fine the issue is the durability on it is awful. buy a fresh one from jaeger.

Where does it say anything about durability in the quest?

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Stux posted:

mechanic wont accept ruined guns for any gunsmith quest

Yeah would have been nice to know from the game lol, I guess durability wasn't really an issue last patch. Thanks

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
For every one suspicious kill by a hacker there's probably a dozen hackers running around avoiding all other players and plugging the best loot on the map in their rear end. It's just such an easy game for people to cheat completely unnoticed by the community.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Mesadoram posted:

The one thing I always struggled with in this game is seeing players/scavs. I don't know if it is because I am getting old or if it is just the game having rather muted colors that blend into each other. Me getting killed 40% of the time (seems to be at least) is because I could not recognize that thing in the distance was something I needed to kill.

Would loving around with the color options help with this?

If you don't have the postfx stuff enabled it's definitely worth a try. If you open a raid in offline mode and go to the options there is a 'visualize' button that will make the menu GUI disappear so you can play with all the sliders in-game and choose one that makes it a bit easier to see.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

rap music posted:

sheesh i can't find gpus for poo poo

I've found two of them this wipe in the Idea front office on the cardboard box in the corner before going back into the storage shelving room.

Yesterday morning I spawned as a scav one minute after the match started and I was right outside the idea office with two grizzly kits in my backpack. I saw the GPU and ran out the front to railway exit by the time the clock was at 38 min.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Kikas posted:

Has anyone else been encountering more and more "Anticheat connection failed" errors this wipe? I swear, almost every time I go out as a Scav it's like 10 minutes on the dot before I get one. I even switched ISPs for a bit to check if it was that but nope, still disconnects into game crashes all day.

I had this happen once this wipe when loading into a game as a scav. It eventually let me rejoin the game and I haven't seen it since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

hello internet posted:

Yeah. You’re more agile and can move silently. If you don’t have anything in your bag it doesn’t matter though

Also, if you win, you can quickly nab the dead guys backpack without even searching it and get the hell back to safety wherever you stashed the backpack to sort through everything.