Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Just started playing this but the dude who got me into it is hellbent on never leaving Customs. I love this game when I don’t hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I got a lab keycard and checking the map on the wiki it looks cramped and terrifying.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I just need a hose so I can poop in luxury. Let me have this, Tarkov.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

ShowTime posted:

Yea, I was just in that weird period where I only had the first two quests available from Prapor and Mechanic, so was limited into finding 2 shotguns while getting rocked by players on customs while trying to find scavs, which don't seem to exist at the start of the game. I decided to do a mosin only run on Woods to just try and get the Jaeger quest and got lucky enough to knock it out with no issues. Well, there were issues, because Woods had an update and it looks entirely different now. So I did get lost and panicked, but managed to get it done. As soon as that was done I was able to knock out the MP-133 portion of Prapors quest and now I have 6-7 in the queue. Next up is struggling with the even harder Customs quests: finding the stopwatch and water. I have both keys from scav runs thankfully.

To add to the weird scav behavior conversation: yesterday I walked into the gas station and a scav fired two shots out the window at nothing and then just stood there. I assumed it was firing at a player, but went and looked around and there was nothing. This morning a scav charged at me with it's knife out. I panicked, shot it and it just ran by me. So I shot it in the back, assuming it was a player, but it emoted at me. I managed to kill it without realizing it until the match ended. I assumed it just kept running.

I do love that updated scavs to run, drink, check mags, wiggle, etc. Makes it harder to determine if it's a AI scav or player scav.

Edit: I just found out my new monitor has a feature to add a crosshair to the center of my screen. I can't wait to try this out.
Edit 2: It seems a little off. It's probably gun dependent, but it appears that ADS ends up being slightly lower than the center of the screen. I'll have to test more when I have a gun range.

Wait, AI scavs will do the Q-E wiggle? That explains some things.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Lorem ipsum posted:

Sometimes scavs are stuck in one place and immortal. Its usually best to run away when this happens. Never seen it happen with raiders/boss.

I had that happen, also at Gas of all places. Had to run and turned the corner to face-tap another scav which conveniently had the TOZ I needed for a task. :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Stux posted:

you can check anything ont he wiki and see if you need it fir for quests etc. the tarkov market site will give u rough ideas on what itll sell for i assume its accurate enough for that but ive never reallysat and double checked it after hitting 10.

if i get the trailer park corner spawn on customs one more time today im going t o scream

I spawned in that stupid clusterfuck of a corner six times in a row once and let me tell you, it’s the worst. Nothing like getting into sweaty firefights with way too many sightlines basically immediately.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

I had the dorm car extract pull away, taking my money, and leaving me with a bug where I couldn't heal for the rest of the match

A friend of mine ran in to this on Woods when we were trying to get out Jaeger unlock done. Car took me just fine, it took his money and left a flashing icon in his inventory that stopped him from using any items at all until he was inevitably shot.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

There's no worse feeling than losing those Nice Things you really wanted to get out of that scav run because your loot goblin urges kicked in and you stopped to check one last spot and got murdered.

I didn't want all those Igolnik bullets anyway.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Stux posted:

the only option is to immediately book it towards crossroads, its easily t he worst spawn on the map. the good part is when ive been getting spawned the other side ive been getting the spawn before the one thats nearest dorms, right next to the little tower area on the hill, which is also a garbage spawn lol

I usually book it to the southern most crossing and head towards RUAF myself, I like the looting in that area. But that initial spawn is such bullshit.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Is needing necklets for the ADAR trade new? Because I swear it used to just be a rechargeable battery.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Every time I try to buy stuff for a preset it never finds any of it on the flea market, it's very annoying.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Okay yeah that tracks for Tarkov, thanks!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Christ I can't survive more than two minutes today before having to deal 350 damage to someone, have them not die, then two-tap me.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

socialsecurity posted:

It's more common then people think, one of the guys I play with sometimes does the packet sniffing thing. He's got an overhead map of where everyone is and aiming. He says there is some sort of handshake where two players will aim at each other through walls and shake back and forth and leave each other alone. I will say playing with him we still lose a bunch because I can't shoot for poo poo and it seems neither can he so I don't think he's aimhacking. He's been doing it for like months without any sort of ban either which I find surprising.

Be the change you want to see in the world and report him.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I’ve been learning Interchange and speaking of extracts, I very much like that they’re always set rather than randomized. I really like that map in general really, including having to occasionally haul rear end because Killa saw you and wants blood. :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Stux posted:

interchange is also per side main extracts unless ur a scav

I guess now that I've thought about it I've only done scav runs there so far since I still have tasks left on Customs.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I enjoy that the butcoin farm is so expensive because it’s let me make a killing on CPU fans and PSUs. Also tearing apart DVD players for circuit boards.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

This Jaeger fuel thing is why you don’t just mash numbers together in your UI without any sort if indicator. Also why you triple-check a price.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Pistol, bank robber, army sling. Upgrade as you find new stuff and take one weapon you find and any armor/rigs/bags into the next raid. Insure anything particularly fun you find and keep for later/sell the rest. Supplement with scav runs on interchange mashing my face into the OLI back offices for sweet computer parts/the great loot thats always on the shelves.

Basically sometimes I decide Tarkov is a roguelike and it’s super fun and actually forces me to both consider the fights I pick more and be more aggressive when I do.

E: I know its chump change but I’ve made about 3m roubles in the last couple days doing this and for my current level/skillset that’s a lot.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I will never mute a channel so hard or fast again.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

7N31 is entirely unnecessary in the Vector with how much lead it puts out so quickly. When I feel like being a big boy PMC I load it up with AP and it salts the earth so nothing can ever live again in whatever direction I point it in.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Slumpy posted:

With small stashes, try to put everything in you can into backpacks until you can either buy storage cases (lucky scav junk box, money case, magazine case, etc) or expand inventory through hideouts (takes a while)

Some things are easier to find than others. Things like wrenches, screwdrivers, tape measures, batteries (AA and D cells, others are more rare), etc are very common and you can sell them if you need the space, you'll run into all of these frequently every raid if you look around even casually. If you want to upgrade the hideout, keep stuff like bolts, screws nuts(not bag of screws), nails, etc. If not, try to wait till level 10 to sell them as they are profitable and a little more uncommon.

For the most part you wont need to keep food around unless you do a few raids in a row and need to re-up on eating and drinking. I almost never carry them INTO raids, I just use them to eat and drink before my next one when I need it, but I wouldn't say get rid of it outright, some food sells for a good amount on auction.

If I’m doing back to back raids I’ll take enough food and drink in to top me off and eat it when I land for that extra little bit of exp and also to tempt fate as my highly-trained PMC killing machine makes all the loving noise in the world eating loving cheetos.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

FileNotFound posted:

Insurance has been making me sad lately.

Nobody used to take my mp-153 shotguns - but now they're getting looted for some reason.

I loot them to sell to Jaeger for the rep roubles. I usually only run one gun on PMC so the second sling slot is for whatever I find during the raid.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

I can tolerate the Cobra now but the P1X42 is still my absolute favorite non-magnifying optic.

Love that sight so much except when I forget to change it to just the dot until I see it mid-fight.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I’ve had quite a few eyeshots that I feel were kinda suspect and a single instance where I’m fairly certain I was on the receiving end of a teleport hack where I died to a head, nape while inside a storage container facing the only exit without heading a drat thing. Other than that I can reliably find ways to blame my own poor play. :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Double post but Salewas suddenly take Hemostats to craft in the medstation today? Okay???

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Now I have not one but two reasons to hate bitcoins on general principle!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

The best part is the fog making your glasses glow bright white like you’re some anime nerd protagonist.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

All this talk about survival rate made me go check mine. A whopping 32%.

I am bad at games and in fact most things.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Can't wait to log in tomorrow and see wires take bronze lions or something now.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Bucnasti posted:

I was green on every other part of my body, I used up a full CMS kit and a Salewa to get back to full health. There was no barbed wire or anything (it was right outside the front door of the gas station), and I wasn't dehydrated or hungry, the only active effect I had was pain medication.

Edit: on the post game screen it said I was killed by the guard that I was trying to loot.

If your limbs still had Fresh Wound, that can re-open and start causing bleeding damage again but that shouldn’t have carried over to anything else if they were green again.

Honestly it sounds like you got tapped by a guard you missed.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Decided to do some casual scavving last night after not having played for a bit. Every single run I dropped in with about 12 minutes left. I love being able to loot maybe two places then having to book it across the map let me tell you.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Doesn’t include enough uses of the word trash, 2/10 argument.

I’ve been running a kiited out Saiga 12g with slugs lately and murdering fools and if that can work anything can.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Lapua AP is great for finding like 6 with the FiR tag and instantly making 200k roubles.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Re: shotguns, while I run my tricked out saigas usually I’ve started ratting it up with MP-153s again for money runs. The grouping for flechette is still tight and its way cheaper than getting a saiga going, not that saigas are super expensive.

Sometimes if I’m feeling frisky I run AP20 but flechette feels so much better.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

HardKase posted:

I just picked this up and am getting constant disconnections.

Disabled ipv6, run as admin.

I don't know. I can't stay connected for a minute.

Even connected via vpn.

Edit: ok it's working now I stayed connected for like 5 mins. Had to turn off windows defender.

I spawned with a vss on my scav tho so that's nice

The servers have been pretty hosed the last couple days so I’d 100% believe if it wasn’t on your end. This maintenance is ending up, uh... very Tarkov-y.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I’ll make my own servers! With blyatjack, and hookers!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

The highs are very high and the lows are frequent.

Been trying to get the secure folder on Woods the last couple days and every time I try I get gunned down by about fifteen sweatlords swarming me like a pack of wolves.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I’ve been running a kitted out SKS OP on woods and its been a lot of fun. Good range and with a laser you can easily hip-fire to plug someone in the thorax a few times to down them with BP ammo. I’m sure there’s better guns but that’s been my current darling when I’m not being my shotgun-loving self.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

One day I decided to just learn how to PvP and actively started picking fights. I think it helped me a ton but I also won't begrudge people who choose to hang back and loot/rat it out because that's also a valid way to play the game.

I still die a ton but my survival rate stays pretty solid at 35% which I think is pretty decent. :v: