Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
Jurassic Park vs Dark Order 9 13.85%
Top Flight vs Inner Circle 12 18.46%
Dustin Rhodes vs Evil Uno 4 6.15%
The Young Bucks vs The Acclaimed 13 20.00%
Shida Got Bit! 11 16.92%
Pac vs. The Butcher 16 24.62%
Total: 65 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
He was so young. gently caress man.

Celebrity deaths don’t usually hit home with me that much but this one is for whatever reason. His poor family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ICR posted:

I’m out until 2021. Last post for me until then. I’m devastated. We all are.

I just want to type this to cope with this as a huge fan. The coldest moment of 2020 was Brodie whooping the daylights out of Cody for the title. It was a beating that may go down as the best challenger fight against champion for the year.

Brodie was basically locked up for a long time, just trying to do what he loved. He got that in March 2020.

His final match in AEW, I want to believe is how he wanted it to be. He was the champion for his final match. He may not have walked out champion, but his final match, he was champion.

In a year where Kenny Omega beat Moxley for the world championship on TV, that dog collar match was still the best tv match.

Nick Aldis of all people hit it on the head. Tell your family and friends that you love them because you never know when it ends.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Then they're walking a very fine line.

They’re a wrestling promotion, and I think a pure non canon tribute show doesn’t honour the man any more than an in canon show would.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Respectfully disagree.

The show should be 100% about Brodie Lee. They can do all the storyline stuff they want starting next week. They've got all the time in the world to tell the stories they want to tell. They can take one non canon show to honor one of the most beloved men in the business.

I think stories are part of the business and there’s nothing wrong with them being part of a show to honour him. Not saying using it as a vehicle to do anything major or to incorporate his real life tragedy into the story, but I don’t think it’s disrespectful to continue to tell stories in a show honouring a man who spent his working life telling stories through wrestling.

Every match has the dark order because of his kayfabe participation in that group, not because those were the people he was actually closest to behind the curtains.

I definitely don’t want promos outside of some tribute stuff though.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

boxcarhobo posted:

just been psyching myself up all day to get real sad tonight

Yeah I’m going to cry like a baby.