Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
Jurassic Park vs Dark Order 9 13.85%
Top Flight vs Inner Circle 12 18.46%
Dustin Rhodes vs Evil Uno 4 6.15%
The Young Bucks vs The Acclaimed 13 20.00%
Shida Got Bit! 11 16.92%
Pac vs. The Butcher 16 24.62%
Total: 65 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
feels like The Acclaimed had a fun push to establish them and should drop into a position like TH2, and TH2 should probably get a push onto the rankings and have some high profile matches (i just want more TH2 dammit)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
his F10 last week lmao

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Vince MechMahon posted:

They see something in the large adult Gunn's that I do not.

The Third One is particularly not exceptional

Austin at least has some fun energy like a Crash Holly or something idk

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
there's a bunch of good rear end photos in AEW's fleets, i hope they post them all somewhere

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

jesus christ, gently caress :(

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
my twitter timeline is just flooding with heartbroken people in disbelief, i'm still kinda stunned, what a loss

https://twitter.com/therealec3/status/1343016857985548296

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I've been tuned out of wrestling for 20 years before 2020 and I didn't know him at all before he came in as the Exalted One, and he blew it out of the water crowds be damned, and I was always excited to see him in the ring and that incredible discus lariat. it's probably fair to say the Cody Squash and subsequent segment after was a top 3 Dynamite moment if not #1, and it elevated him, the stable, the belt, and also a young talent like Anna Jay all in one fell swoop, while essentially detracting nothing from the Nightmare family, which is how great wrestling booking and storytelling works

loving hell

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1343046462033321985

loving hell, guy loved the business

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ganso Bomb posted:

It took me a second to realize that, too, and it just sort of destroyed me. I'm glad he at least has this network of people who are going to be there to look out for him, his brother, and his mom.

yeah that kid's feet will never touch the ground, i'm sure AEW will be the best surrogate family they can, and we'll see him hoisting gold 20 years from now

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
perfect BTE tribute to Mr. Brodie Lee the character and Jon, god he had so many great moments and managed to turn shout-y boss guy archetype into a reliably funny gimmick by going so over the top

the Griff Garrison reveal with him going "first off, shut the gently caress up" before his mouth even moves is maybe the funniest moment I've seen in BTE lmao

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MJeff posted:

Or Dustin. But yes, probably Hangman.

If crowds are back when they do Hangman vs Omega and Hangman hits a discus lariat on Omega? Forget it.

buckshot lariat, kenny pops up completely stunned and woozy, finish him with a discus, roof explodes off the building

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the card looks so fun and this is a perfect way to tribute the man, just throw the book out for a week and have a one off of exhibition matches, really excited for this bittersweet show :unsmith:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
made this as a possible tribute tag if the mods or admins can get it uploaded / if anyone wants it:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah so it seems like just the main event is the Brodie Jr match, and i guess the rest of the card is dark order laden as tribute, the only one that stands out as really odd is Uno/Stu and Lance, I know why Lance is fighting Kingston, it's just odd to see the dark order boys get roped in, but hell, i'm sure it'll be awesome

also super excited to see The Good, The Bad & The Hungie in action again :woop:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
it's brodie doing the bow and arrow pose w/ an arrow of light

edit: I cribbed it from this photo

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Mons Hubris posted:

If he can do it to that Bear Country guy, Butcher should be easy

that was a legendary feat of strength, my man rolled a nat 20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I think for me, all of the Brodie stories reminded me how easy it is to fall in the trap of thinking of wrestling as a job you do for 5-15 minutes at a time while you’re in the ring, but here’s so much more behind the scenes we almost never get to see that goes into making a wrestler and a show good.

yeah this. even though BTE and other vlogs give us a tiny glimpse of it, there's still stuff that's absolutely sacred and will probably never be on footage, like wrestlers putting a match together and working out spots or segments and poo poo

then never even mind the absolutely bonkers amount of work that goes into each and every wrestler's fitness, cardio, and add an order of magnitude of work / discipline if you're someone like Bryan Cage.

it's a whole life vocation, like a traveling circus performer

smarxist fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 30, 2020