Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
I played the whole game coop, so the only two characters I never got to see were Fane and Red Prince. I'd want one of them, the rest is gravy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

BraveLittleToaster posted:

Do boop the guard's nose if possible.

And free the guy, what's the worst that could happen? (I actually don't remember, but it's usually the worst that can happen)

Does any of the updates mark keys as used or something? I really didn't like carrying around a bag full of keys forever since I didn't know which ones had been used and which I might still need.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Keep Prince but I'd like to see an Archer because I never used one.

I did a 3/1 split. Lohse and Beast were fighters and Sebille was a rogue. Those three did great! Ifan was a battlemage and just sort of existed, casting healing spells, encourage, and trying his damned best but not really doing anything other than support. Which was really needed at times, but I just could not figure out a way for him to help do damage very much.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
I was always a little worried about keeping my supply of arrows up. How much of a concern is that to an archer? I did craft a ton of special arrows, but those were always great trader trash that kept the money flowing. Money was tight until I read about a pickpocketing exploit...

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Melufa posted:

Sebille, Lohse, and the Prince. Keep the Prince with his current setup and Lohse as an Enchanter, but make Sebille into an archer-type Rogue instead of a backstabby Rogue.

I like this setup and make this my vote.

Edit: I appear to be late. Don't keep the tab with the update in it open for an hour before reading. :)

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Maple Leaf posted:

Also: I know these updates are pretty long-winded. Would you prefer smaller ones, or should I keep going at the pace I'm at?

The game's long-winded, not much you can do about it.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Convince Birdie to live. Because I wanted the combat XP....
Can you talk to Withermoore first? Smash it in front of him if it's what he really wants.
Take the boat, because I think it goes away if you don't take it?

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Slaan posted:

Anyways, let's switch Beast to Prince because of his poor showing and keep exploring

Agreed!

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

JTDistortion posted:

I played this game pretty much completely blind and ended up not doing much with crafting. I have a feeling this LP is going to reveal a depressing number of ways I sabotaged myself by playing like that.

Crafting in the first game was OP/broken, so it was toned down a lot in this game. Aside from the nails thing, crafting was only really good for making larger potions and runes out of smaller ones, and adding poison to your weapons.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Olive Branch posted:

I'd take a regular butter knife, run it through a weapon sharpener, and it would craft a rapier of legendary stats. Yeah, it was broken, but also really funny.

I was a fan of rubbing two sticks together to make a legendary staff.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Olive Branch posted:

Keep exploring this area, and ignore the poor pigs for now. No point in ending their pitiful lives when we haven't tried something they didn't consider.

Swap Ifan for Lohse. You seem to be doing fine with Red Prince and Sebille, but your lack of curative magic seems to be making your battles more difficult than they need to be.

I'll second this.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Lohse instead of Ifan, and the 'aze

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Go east, and buck the trend to try some science and cast bless on Sang to see what happens, and then maybe kill him if he still wants it.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Ifan out, Lohse in.

Donkringel posted:

This is the first time I ever found out that info about gratiana!

Yeah me too, I thought you had to fight all of those undead.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Olive Branch posted:

Keep the three necromancers' Soul Jars to return/destroy them in front of them.
Keep Sech Zapor's Soul Jar for now. I bet it will come in handy if we come across him again with that good armor of his.
Destroy Trompdoy's Soul Jar. Release him from his torment.
Return Gratiana's Soul Jar to her. If she tries anything funny, slap her down.

This sounds good to me as well.

I don't remember being given the option to give soul jars to Gratiana either. I think I decided to just smash them all.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Tell the cub and swap Ifan for Sebille.

I was confused when you said you were heading towards Gareth since you still had some stuff to do, but I see what you're doing now.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Prince, Lohse, Sebille

I want Red Prince because I didn't play as him or Fane and want to see their stories.
Lohse because she had the best story of the four I did play, and it wasn't even close.
Sebille because she had the second best story of the four.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Tombot posted:

Geez, that was only act one? I can't even imagine how act two could stack up to this.

You thought the ship at the beginning was the tutorial? No, Act One was the tutorial; there's...a bit more content to this game to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
One grey please.