Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Sebille

vanila

I got this game last year and bounced off it hard, I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing. Looking forward to seeing someone who knows how the game actually works have at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Black Robe posted:

As for the Red Prince... keep him for now because lizardman representation is important, but I'm not that concerned about what class because he's frankly a dick and I doubt we'll be able to put up with him permanently. Make him do whatever is most useful paired with our own skillset.

Agreed.

I bounced hard off this game when I got it, so I'm hoping I'll learn how to play it effectively from this LP.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Sebille, Lohse, and Beast for party members.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
This thread's lost me on game mechanics. :( This was my issue with the game and why this was about where I stopped playing. I want to like it as an RPG, but mechanically it's so complex and obtuse that oof.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I feel like there's a million conditions and environmental effects and abilities everyone has and they all interact in a variety of different ways and there's positioning and starting combat with bait characters and there's elevation and teleportation and and and...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Olive Branch posted:

You made NPC character mods with full storylines and stuff for Baldur's Gate on the Infinity Engine using WeiDU. I would think the complexity of this game would be way less difficult than that! :sun:

Yeah, but I play the Infinity Engine games by using ShadowKeeper/DaleKeeper to load me up with the most powerful gear immediately and making liberal use of ctrl-r and ctrl-y. :v:

I do not like hard or overly mechanically complex games. Just give me an actual easy mode where I can just steamroll through things with brute force, thanks.