Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Sebille, because elves in this setting are cool and I want to see some Django Unchained-level stuff as we rip our way through Rivellon looking for the Master.
Rogue or Shadowblade, because their stabby fun-times are ridiculously fun and they get to get up close, dodgy, and shank people in the ribs.
Tambura, for its sound is oaky like a tree.
Mod rather than vanilla, because while the vanilla experience is fun and all, the mod makes status effects less binary than "strip armor, crowd control everything" as far as fight tactics go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

THIS IS HOW HUMANS COMMUNICATE. SHOUT AT THE GUARD.

Also, free the prisoner. We are all anti-cop here.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Maple Leaf posted:

Whenever you find a new item that you want to pick up specifically so you can sell it, you can right-click that item and choose “Add to Wares.” When you meet a trader, pressing one button will offer up every item that you’ve listed as wares automatically, so that we don’t have to scour through your inventory and manually select every piece of vendor trash that you’ve picked up one after the other. Divinity: Original Sin 2 gets a lot of flak for how terribly its inventory system was handled, but this one move was genius. And it’s perfect for you min-maxing packrat players!
You're calling me out here, I can FEEL IT.

quote:

Do we head back below deck to rescue some of our fellow Sourcerers? Or do we take this opportunity to escape on the lifeboat?

Let me know by tomorrow!
Rescue everyone we can! Yeah, even the lizard. We're Eternal, they may know something more about this world than our pitiful book filled with sexual position entries and mating rituals.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Sure, keep the Red Prince, but I want you to make him a lizard wizard Pyrokineticist since he already has the fire resistance going on. Give him points in Geomancy too so he can ignite his own oil slicks!

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Tell the woman her kid is dead. There is no point in prolonging her grief with false hope.
Play some cards. You've got a grinning skull for a face. Let those chumps try and get a tell off of that!
Hear the shifty guy out. It costs nothing to hear what the buzz is in camp.

As for our initial party, I vote Ifan (Ranger/Wayfarer), Sebille (Rogue), and The Red Prince (Wizard). The perfect clash of amoral party members to match our fleshless, analytical self. Plus, we'll probably have Sebille and Red Prince have a clash! Feel free to juggle party members for that one lizard quest, you know the one.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

A different instrument for each character. Give the tamboura for Prince, the oud for Lohsa, and the bansuri for Ifan.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Return the drudanae to Griff and get the elf freed first. No need to get even more thugs on us right away.
Let Lohse speak with Saheila, maybe she just thought up of a good joke.
Grab Sebille and let her have her way with Stingtail, switching out Red Prince.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Cyflan posted:

If you have a healing spell you should be able to heal that guy the doctor wanted to give the alcohol to, though I don't know if there's some special conditions for it.
It has sometimes worked for me, and sometimes not.

Yeah, I think I'll vote for these as well.
To save Dain, you need any healing spell, but you cannot speak to or give the doctor anything. The moment you speak to the doctor, the game triggers a death flag for him. Essentially you come in, optionally talk to him, then cast Restoration or First Aid. You'll save him and have a little chat before he gives you a special item.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

See, trusting a former Source Hunter who got briefed in the details of the island or an elf who wants nothing more than to save a seer who could be the salvation of all elfkind makes a hell of a lot of sense.

So of course we're going to ignore all of that and team up with that aerothurge scumbag Gawin since we paid the blood price for learning how to teleport people. Surely he won't try to double-cross us on our deal? And if he does, we will find him and let Sebille's needle do a bit of pointed questioning, if you know what I mean.

EDIT:

Cythereal posted:

I feel like there's a million conditions and environmental effects and abilities everyone has and they all interact in a variety of different ways and there's positioning and starting combat with bait characters and there's elevation and teleportation and and and...
You made NPC character mods with full storylines and stuff for Baldur's Gate on the Infinity Engine using WeiDU. I would think the complexity of this game would be way less difficult than that! :sun:

Olive Branch fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Feb 23, 2021

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

jimmydalad posted:

Before we go into the belly of the beast, we should head deeper into the caves.

Alongside that, we should swap Ifan for the Beast. I think he’s the only character we haven’t played with yet so we should give him a chance in the spotlight.
I agree with this set of votes. Explore some more, and swap Ifan for Beast. Ifan's next story beat won't be until you meet his contact outside the prison, anyway. Why not let our dwarf pirate captain do a bit of privateering?

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Maple COULD save the time going over detailed battles by showing the more exciting moments of the fights, like the appearance of more enemies or the death/kill order of the characters, or just save himself the trouble and encourage us to watch the video links he so helpfully provides showing the fight itself.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Killing Birdie? What the hell, Pet Island would be hopping mad. Persuade him to live.

Take the Soul Jar, but talk to Withermoore with it. See if you can't give him the option to do it himself.

Keep exploring. Han can wait while we stick our nose in Magister business. AMAB.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Explore some more and switch Beast for Red Prince. Beast won that fight in the Flenser's Playground, now Red Prince needs to step up.

Also, I think those Silent Monks in the Kniles battle have some sort of version of the Unstable Talent, which means they will always blow up on death. Killing Kniles is also the trigger to make the Meat Golems and Silent Monks go aggro on each other, it seems.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

As much as I want to help Trice out, leave by boat with Han so we can learn more about those Seekers he came with. You can always teleport back into the fort right away to let poor Trice out of Kniles's dungeon.

As for naming the Red Prince's summon, it can only be Baron(ess) or Duke/Duchess :dukedog:. We must stick with regal titles for a regal lizard.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Nooo, Shoe was too good a kitty to die in battle like that. Valiant cat.

Go back to visit Zalaskar before seeking the Seekers, but swap Lohse for Ifan in order to progress his quest... Just in case Sebille decides to kill him too.
While I like keeping the name Shoe for the cat, I wouldn't mind anyone renaming it. If we're gonna stick with Ace Attorney-related names, call him Sissel.
O'en the chest. Get the shiny stuff. Don't allow those heads to 'oss you around!

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

GuavaMoment posted:

Crafting in the first game was OP/broken, so it was toned down a lot in this game. Aside from the nails thing, crafting was only really good for making larger potions and runes out of smaller ones, and adding poison to your weapons.
When I played DOS 1 with Maple Leaf, I was the crafter and blacksmith of the duo. I'd take a regular butter knife, run it through a weapon sharpener, and it would craft a rapier of legendary stats. Yeah, it was broken, but also really funny.

And see, Maple, you don't need a dedicated healer when you can just kill them before they kill you! Not to worry, swap Lohse back in later.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Keep exploring this area, and ignore the poor pigs for now. No point in ending their pitiful lives when we haven't tried something they didn't consider.

Swap Ifan for Lohse. You seem to be doing fine with Red Prince and Sebille, but your lack of curative magic seems to be making your battles more difficult than they need to be.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Go South, young man.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Maple Leaf posted:

Where do YOU think we should go? Do we go north and search for Gareth? Do we go south into the shiny cave? Or do we go southeast and tackle Braccus’s la’rinth?

Also, now that we know where our companions go when they’re dismissed, do you want to swap anyone out?

And finally, what do you think is the answer to Deidara’s riddle?

Let me know soon!
Where there is a shiny cave, there is treasure. Check out the shiny cave first!

I think Lohse deserves a turn. Let Ifan sit this round out.

That riddle is no Tolkien. Shadow.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Poil posted:

Why would a shadow shrink in the afternoon? Wouldn't it grow as the sun gets lower? And why disappear at midnight? Surely it'll be gone from dusk to dawn? :saddowns:
I mean, now that you mention it, "Sun" is probably a better answer as it "stands tall" in the sky, "shrinks" as it sets, and is gone at night. The way I saw it was that the shadow would eventually blend into all darkness when night fell, since shadows only exist when there is light.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Maple Leaf told me to post this here. From someone on Reddit, the multiplayer experience.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Get to that 'aze and cave, pronto!

Kill Sang. Nobody really deserves to decompose into a puddle of goo and feel every nerve ending shut down.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

I'll take a different tack and say we shuffle the party a bit. Red Prince and Sebille out, Beast and Lohse in.

Meeting the pirate captain could have also led to a couple of different outcomes. You could have brawled with his lackeys if you failed the persuasion, or traded his soul jar, which you'll find later, for his coat, had you found it before freeing him.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Keep the three necromancers' Soul Jars to return/destroy them in front of them.
Keep Sech Zapor's Soul Jar for now. I bet it will come in handy if we come across him again with that good armor of his.
Destroy Trompdoy's Soul Jar. Release him from his torment.
Return Gratiana's Soul Jar to her. If she tries anything funny, slap her down.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

While the Bambi moment with the cub sucks, you gotta tell it about its mom. And drat it, we gotta get Beast in somehow, maybe swap with Red Prince?

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

He wants that Soul Jar that badly? He better be willing to pay the iron price for it. No mercy for slavers.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Keep Sech's jar, as having the soul of an angry pirate on your person is pretty funny.

If Prince has an Attendant on hand, then the big servant would have to be Prince's Secretary.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Ifan deserves some love. As much as I stan for Beast, Ifan is just too good at range.
Red Prince is a good support unit, moreso than Lohse, and we don't need her around.
Sebille is edgy and could clash with Mr. Slaveowner up there, but she is a wicked damage dealer.

Edit: Massive and important update on the previous page.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Ruptured Tendons is a killer move. It also affects undead, even though they have no tendons to rupture. We made the right call bringing in Sebille to the team.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Fane is a man (???) of distinction, and his bone-dry visage should remain as-is.

As for Prince's slug, Courtier seems good. I mean, we did cross those fire slugs near the prison, after all.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

I like either Mr. Bones's Wild Ride or Bones McCoy. SOMETHING with "Bones" in the title. Boneantula?

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Negative_Earth posted:

The fight on the ship was where I finally accepted that every instance of combat was going to end up with everything on fire, cursed, or both.
A DOS battle that doesn't end with at least three people on fire is considered a dull affair.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

I like these riddles, but yeah, it's a river. I wonder how translators would approach these wordplay puzzles, would they just swap them out for their own well-known language riddles to localize them?

Tell the kids about what happened to Joe. Don't mess with sharks, everyone!

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Stick with Hanal Lechet. In this game, guaranteed crowd control with Chilled and more stability in your damage dealing tank is the better option. If the numbers were a bit more consistent with the executioner's axe I'd say switch them, but you can't ignore the guarantees your current axe gives you.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

If the world can't understand the beauty of undead supremacy, then the world doesn't deserve to be saved by one. Recite our true nature, good bard!
Kniles the Flenser was a psychopath but I think it's worse to go around pissing off bartenders without proof. Tell his mom he was a good man. She doesn't need to know that by "good" we mean "good target practice."
Give Sebille the bold stuff! Maybe she can tell us what the animals were thinking when they got chopped up.
Deal with Wyvlia ourselves, and take the ring to Carver ourselves. Firstly, feeding random folks people-pies like you're Sweeney Todd is not cool, and who knows if the Magister backup will even deal with her properly. Secondly, why should Stewart get the credit? All cops are bastards, and even moreso when they're trying to get back in the ranks.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Never look a gift kiss in the fangs, I say. Accept Dorotya's kiss and say that we saw a towering oak. Oh, and get everyone else kissed by Dorotya as well but vary up the bonuses. Give Sebille the dragon, Lohse the blue butterfly, and Prince the quill.

I much prefer the subtitled videos to transcribed battles, for what it's worth. It cuts down on much of the extraneous reading, even if it was amusing to read different varieties on how these characters are maiming each other!

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Donkringel posted:

Sure do this one.

Also too bad you didn't drug up Loose before doing the Lizard fight. I like the idea of a drugged up naked Lohse murdering multiple dwarves after banging a lizard.
Why do you think she got sent to Fort Joy in the first place?

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Liches in this game are kind of dickwads. "Teach me a skill!" "LOL K you didn't specify, here's a book about making people REALLY angry with you by shouting some insults."

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

BraveLittleToaster posted:

Go Red, should probably deal with that small Voidwoken attack issue now we've some spare time.
Sure, that kid's mom is probably dead by now, but how about we go and help anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Negative_Earth posted:

Voting Red.

Also, given that there is a [HERO] tag for doing good things, is there a [VILLIAN] tag for doing bad things? Things like taking the gold for the wedding ring, then not giving the ring back.
There is! I think the first one I came across was when you take control of the Lady Vengeance after the final Act 1 battle. You can tell her that you're enslaving her to make her sail under your command rather than freeing her and asking her to sail you around politely.