Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo
I used to ceaselessly nag my parents as a child to buy me Froot Loops.

As a teenager, I eventually bought them myself, and they are disgusting.

That's my story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Cookie Crisp is definitely garbage. When my nephew was a child he really loved a cereal called Waffle Crisp and it smelled god awful, like a gas station rest room. That poo poo was foul but he loved it.

I was having trouble think of one that tasted bad, but it's this. The bad ones taste like sugar, so whatever, but Cookie Crisp is so dry and cardboardy that it ruins the taste of the milk.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
When beach vacations used to be a thing, I let my kids pick any lovely food/cereal they want at the store for the week provided that they eat it.

Anyway, one year my youngest picked some horrific frosted donut cereal and it was so nasty it went untouched after the first morning.

We threw her into the sea for breaking our pact and she was never heard from again.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The Brioche Defender has logged on itt. Here to defend the relative complexity of the carbs in sugared bread that's not in tiny pieces and covered in milk. Marshmallows for breakfast? Don't be ridiculous, ich bin havin' a Berliner instead!

Good faith argument: yeah it's hosed up how this stuff is advertised, or that commodity novelty food is advertised as a normal meal in the western world. Children shouldn't be pushed into eating sometimes foods all the time, but the problem lies more with television and advertising than the producers of sweetened grain cereals.

OTOH they aren't real marshmallows, and Cracklin' Oat Bran has 150% percent the sugar as Garbage Tier Favorite Lucky Charms. Cereal is bad for you, so is loving everything for breakfast (except maybe a traditional Japanese breakfast).

(Cracklin' Oat Bran is the best cereal)

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I have scrambled eggs usually. You can't even buy that kind of sickly sweet cereal here. Don't act like the two choices are a chocolate danish and a bowl of Capn Crunch.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
ive never enjoyed onion delight

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

gary oldmans diary posted:

ive never enjoyed onion delight

These are very pretty

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Top five nastiest cereals, in no particular order:
Fruity Pebbles
Cocoa Pebbles
Apple Jacks
Honey Nut Cheerios
Oreo-O's

DrPossum posted:

Wheat Chex
Reeses Puffs
Fruity Pebbles
Fruit Loops
Captain Crunchh

Reese's Puffs? Really? Get the gently caress out of here.

Empty Sandwich posted:

looks as though they finally ended King loving Vitaman [sic]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Vitaman

Noooooo King Vitaman loving owned :smithicide:

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

oo King Vitaman loving owned :smithicide:

Looks like it's time for the Crunchy King (& Berries) to rise from obscurity and take the crown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z_uYsIS8i4

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Looks like it's time for the Crunchy King (& Berries) to rise from obscurity and take the crown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z_uYsIS8i4

Who is this pretender to the breakfast cereal throne? :mad:

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts

Caesar Saladin posted:

I have scrambled eggs usually. You can't even buy that kind of sickly sweet cereal here. Don't act like the two choices are a chocolate danish and a bowl of Capn Crunch.

Fiber is good for you

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Spinz posted:

Um wheat chex is good
?

rice > wheat > corn

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
It's high time for the return of Smurfberry Crunch.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Just lol if your cereal doesn't have a paranormal mascot on it and you don't use beer instead of milk

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Who What Now posted:

Fruity pebbles are poo poo from a toilet

This is the correct answer.

There are MANY other close ones but by God I'd have thrown this away as a 'starving kid' at a summer camp program.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Caesar Saladin posted:

You're the one doing this ya moron

"Ah the Americans are talking about their idiot fatness again. I best go tell them how stupid they are for something I don't even have access to!"

Sweet take.

Now take it with you.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Holy poo poo

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Reese Puffs are good actually

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Call Your Grandma posted:

Reese Puffs are good actually

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Honey smacks are disgusting

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Cap'n Crunch is the only real answer. That poo poo rips up the roof of your mouth and makes you loving BLEED.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

You're the one doing this ya moron

"Ah the Americans are talking about their idiot fatness again. I best go tell them how stupid they are for something I don't even have access to!"

Sweet take.

Now take it with you.

yeah they're dumb for marketing and giving children access to marshmallow cereal with cartoons on it, you're right

thank god kids here don't have access to sickly sweet cereal

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

count grapefruitula

captain moist

Dantes Inferno, The Cereal based off the EA game based off the scathing 14th century polemic

dookie crisp

honey bunches of goat

drearios

unexceptional k

raisin bland

honey smacks, but its just a bunch of bullshit suboxone

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

rice chex, but you don't even have a bank account

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

Pick posted:

the best bad cereal is Cracklin Oat Bran. that poo poo is delicious. it's loving awful garbage. delicious.

I forgot this even existed. It was my go-to breakfast at the dining hall in college. Incredibly accurate description

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love
Corn Pops are aggressively bland, yet every few years I go “wait a minute. Corn. Pops. Pop. Corn. Popcorn for breakfast!!” and buy them anyway :sigh:

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Agreed that Cracklin' Oat Bran is 10x better than it has any right to be considering the name and appearance. It is probably in my Golden Hall of Cereal Fame.

Also how can anyone dislike Reese's Puffs? DrPossum you are a maniac

That said,

YeahTubaMike posted:

Top five nastiest cereals, in no particular order:
Oreo-O's
It never ceases to amaze me just how bad this cereal is. How do you mess up "eat Oreos for breakfast?" At least Reese's Puffs are a decent facsimile of the flavor they claim to be.

Wheat Chex is definitely my least-favorite cereal overall, as it has been further ruining other people's mom's already-barely-passable Chex Mix for my entire life.

Cap'n Crunch is only good if mixed with another more interesting cereal to create some sort of intriguing sugar mélange; not to be too blatant with my fandom, but I generally mix it with Reese's Puffs when in the type of environment where both those cereals are available. Cocoa Pebbles might work too.

Most breakfast cereals are at least passable if you, you know, like sugar.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ve don't HAVE shugah hjerr...Mista BORNE!
UNT YOUR FAT AMERICAN CHILDREN BEING WITH IT IS ALL ZAT ZE ET!!

Ah ha ha. Ahaha. AJAJAJAJAJA!

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

Ve don't HAVE shugah hjerr...Mista BORNE!
UNT YOUR FAT AMERICAN CHILDREN BEING WITH IT IS ALL ZAT ZE ET!!

Ah ha ha. Ahaha. AJAJAJAJAJA!

sounds like someone is going cuckoo for cocopuffs

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Brotein_Shake posted:

Cookie crisp is bullshit. Not in concept, but in execution, those little stale rear end 'cookies' tasted like cardboard that a bag of sugar farted on.

:negative: As a Canadian child, finally having these during a trip to the states was always a let down.

Life Cereal however is wholesome goodness

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

cookies crisp is like 10x worse than any cereal listed in here.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Any cereal with those disgusting cereal "marsh mellows"

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Caesar Saladin posted:

yeah they're dumb for marketing and giving children access to marshmallow cereal with cartoons on it, you're right

thank god kids here don't have access to sickly sweet cereal

loving loser kids don't deserve our cool and rad as hell cereal. Have fun with your "health", jokes on you losers, everyone hosed the climate anyway so what's the point trololololololololol

Imagine wanting to "live a long life" in this hellscape.

And Fruity Pebbles is dogshit yet Coco Pebbles is awesome. One of life's mysteries. :shrug:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Grape Nuts. In 1897, Post struck a deal with a local aquarium gravel maker to purchase all tan gravel overruns for pennies on the dollar. They then triple rinse the gravel to ensure that there's no flavor present and then box it into their own Grape Nuts boxes.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Scruffpuff posted:

It's high time for the return of Smurfberry Crunch.

Smurfberry Crunch is fun to eat

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the funny thing is that half of these cereals had sugar in the name until the early 80s (and also had a lot more sugar in them back then)

eg Sugar Smacks --> Honey Smacks

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Universe Master posted:

Any cereal with those disgusting cereal "marsh mellows"
They're "marbits."

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
loving 55.6% sugar.

And it must be opposite day up in this thread with all this Fruity Pebbles hate. Fruity Pebbles are not only not the worst cereal, they are in fact the best.

It's quite clear the worst cereal is Honey Smacks. loving 55.6% sugar and feels like eating a bunch of sweetened crickets in your mouth.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Captain Crunch is great if you love tearing the poo poo out of the roof of your mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the only true question
cheerios with strawberries or corn flakes with bananas