Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Pretty awesome that they signed a legit contract with the kid and the family will be taken care of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I've said this elsewhere (probably in this thread too) but if he's comfortable with it they should let him walk out when they do the Rochester show.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

ChrisBTY posted:

Did anybody else have no idea about how beloved Brodie was?
I feel watching those UUDD videos at the time that he was probably well loved in the back, but I also never heard a bad thing about him either so not totally surprised he was universally loved

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
I'm not sure what to write, but I've made this in tribute to him.

Whatever was on my mind when Mr Brodie Lee was absent from AEW for so long, it definitely wasn't this. It's just so tragic.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Join the Brick Order

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/WWECesaro/status/1344319526452809730

I love this picture because the scale was really loving with me in the thumbnail.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/sugardunkerton/status/1344360603243188224?s=21

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

I REALLY hope someone has video of that somewhere because I want to see that.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

AK-47 posted:

I REALLY hope someone has video of that somewhere because I want to see that.

Suge got it:

https://twitter.com/sugardunkerton/status/1344368063093874689?s=21

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Poor Lucky Glauber, never gets his due. :smith:

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Wezlar posted:

Pretty awesome that they signed a legit contract with the kid and the family will be taken care of.

I do hope that this doesn't make Brodie Jr feel like he HAS to become a wrestler, but if he's this invested in it I feel like he'll probably want to at least try, and even if it doesn't click for him, I have faith that AEW will continue to do right by the family.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CVagts posted:

I do hope that this doesn't make Brodie Jr feel like he HAS to become a wrestler, but if he's this invested in it I feel like he'll probably want to at least try, and even if it doesn't click for him, I have faith that AEW will continue to do right by the family.

I bet the agreement is closer to "no matter what you want to do, if you want it, you've always got a job here."

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It's somehow even better that he didn't even make contact with the ball trying to block it 😂

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I'd imagine it would also apply if he wanted a backstage/non-wrestling job with them, too.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Yeah it has to be something very flexible because he's a literal child and there's no way to know what he'll want to do or be good at. I assume it's in large part a way to make sure the family is taken care of long-term and enshrine them as part of AEW no matter what. It's a classy move and I have every confidence there's not some bullshit clause enforcing any of them to do anything specific with their lives.

Also, can I get a Brodie tag added on to the two I have?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

rantmo posted:

Yeah it has to be something very flexible because he's a literal child and there's no way to know what he'll want to do or be good at. I assume it's in large part a way to make sure the family is taken care of long-term and enshrine them as part of AEW no matter what. It's a classy move and I have every confidence there's not some bullshit clause enforcing any of them to do anything specific with their lives.

Here’s the tag thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3953134&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

rantmo posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if his wife gets some kind of mostly honorary position like WWE did for warrior's to ensure she keeps getting checks for a good while.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Vince MechMahon posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if his wife gets some kind of mostly honorary position like WWE did for warrior's to ensure she keeps getting checks for a good while.

Everything about AEW makes me believe they're going to do something like this, yeah.

https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/1344378247694454789?s=20

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Vince MechMahon posted:

Oh she’s absolutely getting the Vickie Guerrero treatment.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

rantmo posted:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
She's a former wrestler iirc. Not that I expect her to return to the ring, but doing something on screen might be a possibility.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

The contract for the kid is clearly symbolic (unless he wants it) and just an excuse for Tony to pay money to the family indefinitely.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Between getting Tony S back into wrestling and getting Jake the Snake, Vickie and Tully jobs along with this; I like Tony Khan a promoter.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

sportsgenius86 posted:

Oh she’s absolutely getting the Vickie Guerrero treatment.

I know what you mean here but god I hope she’s treated better than Vickie.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
by all accounts vickie is doing exactly what she wants with the people she wants to do it with

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i think he means how Vickie was treated in WWE

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

TV Zombie posted:

Between getting Tony S back into wrestling and getting Jake the Snake, Vickie and Tully jobs along with this; I like Tony Khan a promoter.

I was reading an interview with Tully from last year where he basically said he only agreed to do a couple shows as a favor, then he was going to leave, and here we are, over a year later, and he's still around and clearly enjoying himself.

I remember when WWE hired him as a road agent, and he was fired and/or quit after only a few shows because of an altercation with JBL.

Big Biceps Tony is good people.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

TV Zombie posted:

low key turned a lot of people on taz too, especially after impact

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Davros1 posted:

I was reading an interview with Tully from last year where he basically said he only agreed to do a couple shows as a favor, then he was going to leave, and here we are, over a year later, and he's still around and clearly enjoying himself.

I remember when WWE hired him as a road agent, and he was fired and/or quit after only a few shows because of an altercation with JBL.

Big Biceps Tony is good people.

It's really nice when you see guys from that era either understand modern wrestling or just not care because it gets a pop and that's all that matters.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Pylons posted:

It's really nice when you see guys from that era either understand modern wrestling or just not care because it gets a pop and that's all that matters.

That reminds me of Jericho and Arns initial reaction to OC and not caring because they understood after a while.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

TV Zombie posted:

That reminds me of Jericho and Arns initial reaction to OC and not caring because they understood after a while.

I remember Cody telling the story that after the showdown between Orange and Tully, Tully came up to Cody, in the back, after the match and exclaimed "Did you hear the pop that kid got!"

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

:stare:

https://twitter.com/facdaniels/status/1344407070095925249

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Thus proving that not every lariat bump needs to be the inside out bump.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Thus proving that not every lariat bump needs to be the inside out bump.

Yeah I think the inside out bump looks great when it’s the right moment, but a good old fashioned back bump from a lariat will always look nasty.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

The_Rob posted:

Yeah I think the inside out bump looks great when it’s the right moment, but a good old fashioned back bump from a lariat will always look nasty.

The spin looks like a stunt--which is the right choice sometimes as you say--a back bump looks like a loving beatdown.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

personally, i enjoy a good back bump, roll through and spring to your feet, stagger for a second, and then fall over unconscious

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

dromal phrenia posted:

personally, i enjoy a good back bump, roll through and spring to your feet, stagger for a second, and then fall over unconscious

I've always liked the take the hit, look like you're going to no sell it, then fall over like a plank of wood.

Doesn't work for a lariat though.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

I've always liked the take the hit, look like you're going to no sell it, then fall over like a plank of wood.

Greg "The Hammer" Valentine: Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

https://twitter.com/MattyIrishEdits/status/1344105486942154753

Just one of many tribute/compilation videos out there but I personally liked this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Someone put a handful of Brodie Lee Chikara matches up on YouTube.

"The Right Stuff" Brodie Lee making his Chikara debut against Equinox

Brodie Lee and the Olsen Twins vs. the Colony, apparently the first time he was using the Big Rig gimmick.

Brodie Lee vs. Daisuke Sekimoto

The Roughnecks (Brodie Lee, Eddie Kingston and Grizzly Redwood) vs. Incoherence (Hallowicked, Delirious and Frightmare)

Brodie Lee vs. Eddie Kingston for the Grand Championship, Brodie's final Chikara match.

The final moments of that last one are hitting kind of hard, not gonna lie. :(