Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Move to Norway where they have heated footpaths, tap into that free heat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Cool then I could live where I live now for more cost, less opportunity, and still be in the cold

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

if its yellow you can just eat it

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

live in a place that doesn't get very much snow

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Try throwing some calcium chloride on that poo poo. Not only is it ridiculously soluble and hygroscopic (it will suck up moisture from the air to form a puddle if you let it) and dramatically decreases the freezing point of the solution, it also heats up a lot as it dissolves, melting even more snow. Plus it'll probably get rid of your lawn so you won't have mow that anymore and you can inject it into bull balls to kill those balls.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Naw. If you're a North Dakota county out west you buy radioactive make-up water from the Bakken oil patch and use it to de-ice the county roads.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
What if you use so much flamethrower and radiant heat that the snow melts and the water evaporates

What is the melt temperature of blacktop

What would our liability look like here

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Melting snow is easy

Evaporating all the water is waaaaaaaaay waaaay more energy intensive.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

its all nice on rice posted:

The solution is called children.

Seconding this and/or low-yield hydrogen bomb.

Scald
May 5, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 26 years!
Leaf Blower.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Scald posted:

Leaf Blower.

I’ve legit seen people do this when I lived in New Jersey

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Linux Pirate posted:

Fun fact: this guy also tried to deep fry a whole cow a la aqua teen hunger force.

He got the tank from his uncle Burp.

This guy loving rules

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

AHH F/UGH posted:

This is why I keep hundreds of jars of my own piss on heating elements at all times from November to March

I actually watercool my PC with piss

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Suck off the God of the North Wind in exchange for not dumping snow in your driveway

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
gather it up in roughly 32 oz portions and apply even pressure to the mass until it becomes dense and spherical

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Ice crystals will liquefy under pressure so just stomp on it a lot.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Cover the snow with gasoline and set it on fire, the flaming water will flow into the street where it’s no longer your problem.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Flamethrowers, gasoline, I feel like these are half arsed solutions. Just cover the snow in napalm.

E: possibly thermite.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
a giant magnifying glass

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Instead of farting, set to reverse. Point too drive.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Wait until nightfall and break into your nearest fitness club to steal all the lightly used treadmills. Place the aforementioned treadmills into conveyor arrangements on your driveway and watch that snow get carried away!

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
A few sticks of dynamite could probably take care of that snow tbh

Dec 25, 2020

simply make all of the snow into snowmen, then order them to go away

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The Ol' Snow-a-cotta army routine, eh?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Pee all over it and then it's not really snow

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Colonel Cancer posted:

Pee all over it and then it's not really snow

People, we are trying to figure out how to get rid of the snow, not give the snow a boner

Focus up, let's get some real ideas

Dec 25, 2020

rotinaj posted:

People, we are trying to figure out how to get rid of the snow, not give the snow a boner

Focus up, let's get some real ideas

yeah I feel like I'm the only one trying to be productive

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ok ok.
What if we covered all the snow in a tarp and then tried it down and then peed on the tarp? ?

Dec 25, 2020

nobody try that idea, it's a tarp

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Brotherhood of Nod Flame Tank

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Compost generates heat. You could set up a compost pile on your lawn and run pipes from it along the sidewalk to melt snow. So the answer is poop.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Keep your septic tank under your driveway with vent and heating ducts.
The heat and methane from all your poop and warm water waste will keep the temperature slightly above freezing.

Also keeps your car unfrozen in the mornings.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Purchase a few gallons of fruit syrups, spread them on your snow-covered surface, then advertise free all you can eat snow cones to anyone who shows up. The snow will be gone before you know it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

For those that want it, can one of the flavors be our piss? Only for those that request.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I don't want to belabor this point, I just feel like if crowds of poor and disfigured people are coming to ward away snow they should get the options they deserve.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Big Beef City posted:

For those that want it, can one of the flavors be our piss? Only for those that request.

Yeah we'll set aside a little section for those folks.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine

Schweinhund posted:

Compost generates heat. You could set up a compost pile on your lawn and run pipes from it along the sidewalk to melt snow. So the answer is poop.

Good idea. It's called a steaming load for a reason.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Live in a building with an underground garage.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Just build your driveway underground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
give that shovel some shlove