Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

just remembered when SAAB invented a really neat system where you didn't need to engage the clutch (or rather disengage the clutch i guess?) to change gears, just let off the accelerator a bit, but since it was proprietary, and automatic gearboxes exist, no-one wanted it so it just died.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

what noob didn't throw in an L0 lamo

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Only tangentially related (other than the bigger picture that on-line shopping is a grift) but I always like how when you're looking at flights or hotels on the World-Wide Web to compare prices, and then decide on the cheapest one and go back to that site, the price has mysteriously gone up.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

it's as though the person with the terrible gimmick everyone hates was, in reality, a terrible poster

What was the gimmick?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://twitter.com/StampsBot/status/1414379586243153936?s=19

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

i'm shocked there's no corn

and a medium is like $35 cdn lol

lemons don't grow on trees

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

beeeep!

it's a good thread kenny

For me to tweet on!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://twitter.com/Clipart1994bot/status/1414920319907901443?s=19

E: oh sorry this isn't the "post a pic of urself jogging into Kenny's thread" thread, sorry

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

do i need to have seen jogs 1-222 to fully appreciate this?

Yeah

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

ok i'll explain and then we should drop it because cadaver synods suck

schad has been attempting to paint me as an anti-semite for a long time now through an extremely long series of reports on my posts. He dragged out the ancient story that i've told about how we got popped for blowing things up with dry ice bombs in 19-loving-97, and how one of the mailboxes we randomly selected was that of a jewish daycare somebody was running out of their home. The dude loving hates me and my takes on Israel/Palestine so it was a jab on that and I hope he learned his lesson about being a petty, spiteful piece of poo poo that sucks all of the air out of a room.

And now I move on.

Well I hate you too for blowing up people's mailboxes.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Somebody fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jul 14, 2021

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What's that advertising?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

graph posted:

tegra 2 chipset (your wife will love it)

i don't know what that is

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I was NOT, in fact, hearing a lot about Tegra in 2011 lol.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What happened to Renata Bliss?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

L MAO

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

See, even FMguru can do it for Christ's sake!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

President Beep: *uses slash of 101 swords*
Everyone: Haha good job.
Ur Getting Fatter: *uses slash of 10001 swords*
President Beep:

⢀⣠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣤⣶⣶
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⣀⣀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠛⠉⠁⠀⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠿⠿⠿⠻⠿⠿⠟⠿⠛⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⠀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠠⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⠀⠀⢰⣹⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣭⣷⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃⠀⠀⠈⠉⠀⠀⠤⠄⠀⠀⠀⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⢿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢾⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⡠⠤⢄⠀⠀⠀⠠⣿⣿⣷⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡀⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢄⠀⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠁⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://twitter.com/StampsBot/status/1422835323189538820?s=20

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://twitter.com/StampsBot/status/1425432440278032386?s=20

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You know Günther-Udo there is a real computer guy because he's sitting at one and taking notes with paper and pen.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

smh at not having 5 trillion unnamed and unsaved tabs open in Sublime Text

It was a seriouspost, by the by. Computering without pen* and paper will never lead to anything good. Also a table calculator.

*) Being a social democrat, I use pencil

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I accidentally bought a lit keyboard where the light is bright red. I had not even considered that being a possibility. So now I still have to have the ceiling light on when computering. :(

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

rotor posted:

give your apartment that retro darkroom vibe

gently caress yeah smallpox

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

rotor posted:

i'm like 102% sure that things like Area 51 aren't alien storage or supersecret jets or whatever, it's just where the air force dumps its toxic waste without having to tell anyone.

On a small island I was stationed on there's a "cave" which everyone "knew" was actually a huge tunnel to the neighbouring, even smaller, island, and it was FULL OF TANKS MAN.

Why? Why would you need any tanks on two tiny islands in the middle of the sea. What would their function be? To squish all the frogs? "Tower* rumours" were always so obviously wrong and the people who spread them were always so very earnest. And they had guns!

*) The tower being the one in the background here:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ea/Suomen_Puolustusvoimien_tornileijona.svg

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

exmachina posted:

The worst thing is that things like this post will reinforce the false etymology, because that sounds like a good, solid etymology,a source that has already produced many words. No-one will think to give any credence to some wrestling reference. He must have heard it somewhere

What's a jobber? Here jobbari (which is "jobber") is someone who buys poo poo, perhaps fixes it up somewhat, and then sells it for more moneys.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

doing a job in wrestling means taking a loss, so a jobber is someone who loses all their matches

Paskapuhetta mutta uskon.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My dream is to be a butter-and-egg man.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdWJpHt1Xws

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://twitter.com/Daramgaria/status/1428367135504359429?s=19

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sapozhnik posted:

Teen Roast

Oh you're from vault 22?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm just thinking of some knowledgemachine guy trying to explain that they're insinööri lmao. I guess that's why the idiots tend to favour job titles in English.

e: I mean we do have knowledgetechnologyengineers but they're actual actual engineers

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The ending wasn't bad, either.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Plank Walker posted:

then i got tony hawk pro skater and was like whoa punk and ska cool

all games with music should do the thing where a new track is announced in a bar at the bottom of the screen, like MTV used to do (i haven't seen MTV in 10 years) and, for games, Burnout 3 Takedown? I thin kdid.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

quake is one of the most boring computer video games ever made. it's like one step above blockids. the music doesn't help as it lacks variety.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DELETE CASCADE posted:

can you list some religions where there's no god because i'm struggling to think of any besides buddhism

evangelic lutherism

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://twitter.com/mix_bean/status/1433124842111447040?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

the time/date module or whatever or site or what was it? because all the places have poo poo rules for what day is it?