Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

i used to have a pro audio compressor between my tv and stereo to nerf loud commercial breaks.

Now i just liberate things from ftp sites and watch things with no ads. an easier solution imo

my personal favorite pro-audio hack was listening to the AM radio football announcers with the tv muted during games. the radio was sometimes 3-5 seconds earlier than the tv, so i put it through a delay line to match it up

play-by-play announcing by your local team's announcers is 1000% better than the garbage color commentary on tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

yep dad used to put the packers game on, but volume down, and listen to the WTMJ radio announcers.

if i was a few years older i would have invented a Dad Delay radio that had an adjustable time delay knob for this exact use case

it was literally the packers + wtmj that i was listening to too

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

ugh just give me the wechat [Facepalm] emoji already it is the single most useful out of them all

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

i once played marathon 2: durandal so loud on some bigass speakers that my mom called down to the basement and asked if i needed help moving the furniture

that was my last happy computer moment

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

haveblue posted:

trying to figure out what in the game sounds like furniture being moved, and also why that was more noteworthy than the gunfire and bobs screaming about aliens killing them

ha i hosed up my own anecdote, it was descent, not marathon. the vulcan gun at point blank range is just a wall of bass noise

memory updated

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

mediaphage posted:

people like to bitch about it but about the worst that mac is doing is preventing you from running unsigned apps without right clicking on them and hitting open ime

i downloaded an audio plugin and macos will not let me use it

i am an old rear end man who's been touching audio software on macs for way too loving long and i cannot figure out how to make it load a plugin

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

genius

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

what's that one tweet where the entire internet counts on some dude maintaining a unix utility called 'NUNC' or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

yep that's it :cheersdoge: