Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
Look at that photograph
of Dorian Gray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender
Hard to argue with the band leader about that when he's got a doctorate in molecular biology.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender
Sempai, this is a Wendys.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Okay shed a little light

Prince Andrew is the Duke of York, and a civil lawsuit has recently been filed against him by a woman who claims he sexually assaulted her. This is all part of the Epstein trafficking fallout. Various documents redact what he supposedly did. This tweet is a play on the nursery rhyme "Oh, the grand old Duke of York, He had ten thousand men, He marched them up to the top of the hill, And he marched them down again."

efb

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender
uhhhh just distract the tow truck driver and then pick them up off the truck?

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender

I mean... when you change your password, it's good practice for the system to test it against dictionary words etc, and it can be flagged then.

Reminds me of when we implemented "you can't reuse any of your last 5 passwords" policy and a user was angrily convinced that this meant we must be storing his last 5 passwords in plaintext. The back and forth went on for days. The user was a developer, but had to have hashing explained to him.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender
My old Japanese boss once gave me poo poo for eating milk chocolate, because "dark chocolate was for men".

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender
They got so butthurt over Instagram that they want chronological timeline legislation?

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender
is that Google's way of saying "turn on your monitor"

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender

to be fair Star Wars nicked Darth Vader's look from samurai helmets and the C3PO/R2D2 comic relief from Kurosawa movies, so they're just nicking it back.

YOS PO-5, b1tchu

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender

ultrafilter posted:

Are there two of them?
There's more! I see 1, 2 & 4, still looking for the 3rd one.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender
H&R Block Flag

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender

Achmed Jones posted:

i mean i get round/peg square hole, and i know the original comic, but who is that lady?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evthRoKoE1o

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender
arse wide poo poo

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender
I blame jQuery for teaching people that '$' was a valid variable. Once you realize you're not bound to ASCII var names, all of a sudden it's let f̵̧̬̮͙̋̀͐ͅo̶̟̟͖̞̞̱̭̦͎̮͒̽͒̂͐́̒ȏ̵̮̜͍͚͔̹̟̓͗̔̒̉͆̃̔͜͠ = "bar".

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender

Agile Vector posted:

a brother in arms suddenly means so many things

:perfect:

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender
Reminds me of that joke:

"Welcome to the neighborhood! Come to my party, there's gonna be lots of drinking, drugs, and wild sex!"
"Wow, sounds good, what should I wear?"
"Doesn't matter, it's just gonna be you and me."

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender
Go to the exercise yard, 2 guys deadlifting a 70" Trinitron, someone benchpressing a printer.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender

NoneMoreNegative posted:

we go play http

shurely that's the chome gang

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender
The senior dev spends their workday glued to the screen, nods wisely, and removes 2 lines of code.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender

echinopsis posted:

?? I’ve lived a font adjacent life for decades so maybe that’s why I don’t get this but how are fonts racist

those racists sure love their white space

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/TrackInflation/status/1582037239718383616

lol

Kanye: "My fans were shouting 'Buy Parler! Buy Parler!' at me so I did, turns out they were actually shouting 'Bi-polar'."

edit: gdi the tweet was removed because it had a screenshot of some public info. TLDR: Parler sent a message to all their users about Kanye purchasing them, and they used regular CC instead of BCC so they just doxxed all their users.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender
You'll get your wish, kinda: Rian Johnson's described his new series Poker Face starring Natasha Lyonne as a modern day Columbo.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR3TbL3Tl6M

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender
"Doggy style or missionary?"
"Porque no los dos?"

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender
Our app translated "Submit" (i.e. "submit form") to "Submit" (as in "opposite of dominant")

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender

Beeftweeter posted:

yep, the length actually didn't bother me but that was enough for me to nope out
Same energy

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender

Sapozhnik posted:

that vintage intellimouse could probably sell for a decent amount of money

That's modern history compared to the mouse with the RS-232 connector:
https://twitter.com/EternalDago/status/1678867667757809665

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender

Beeftweeter posted:

it doesn't really sound like maurice lamarche either. imo his is good but you can still tell it's him
Yeah this is Maurice LaMarche doing Orson Welles advertising https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i7ycxiog40

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender
For every 5 minutes of scoreless play, an additional wolf is released onto the field.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender
I have to purchase stuff on behalf of dev teams and I run into the problem of "I read all their docs and I still don't know what this thing does" all the time.

The answer is to look on Wikipedia or Youtube, where some kind soul will have made a TLDR that cuts through the marketing bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender