Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

they're waiting for you gordon, in the spike field

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

mediaphage posted:

i see dead beeple

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lmao

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lmao

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

At my old job my coworker said he didn't get something done because our boss took up 6 hours of his day with meetings. My boss denied it and pulled me and the coworker into a 2 hour meeting to grill us and narrow it down that he only wasted 5 and a half hours of the day.

Christ what an rear end in a top hat

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

good display name

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jonny 290 posted:

wasps in the back seat? well at least we know it's not a squad car lol

lmao :rackem:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

if you keep doing that you're gonna give your penis arthritis

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

President Beep posted:

it’s like the time i was watching schindler’s list in the theater during the scene where ash from the camp id falling from the sky. dude in front of me leans over and says to his companion “they’ve probably never seen snow before”.

lmao

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i thought the same thing professor. in my defense I don't give a poo poo about the different kinds of horses

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

now a gelding? well you're gonna want to sit down for this one

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

it's not, you can still go read it now. the author is still writing the same poo poo today iirc except the good stuff doesn't happen till the 30s now

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sagebrush posted:

huh. why did they use an image of the earth with like a 300-foot sea level rise?

Idk, ask them

https://mobile.twitter.com/peterschwartz2?lang=en

https://mobile.twitter.com/peteleyden?lang=en

Here's the article, it's full of incorrect predictions about the future

https://www.wired.com/1997/07/longboom/

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jonny 290 posted:

challenge for everybody: post the line that makes you open palm slam the close tab button on that one

It receives a further stimulus when the baby boomers begin retiring en masse in 2011.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

stroke stroke stroke

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

you can find me in the pile of asses level, right before the mountain of screams

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my gf was watching the horse jumps and I asked her why all the jumps have weird themes. she said it's to gently caress the horses up on purpose so if a horse can't handle the sumo statue it's just not an Olympic athlete

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

it's worse than that, she's a veterinarian that rides them for fun

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

if she stabs me she'll know exactly where to cut so I don't have a chance to respond

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my favorite horse thing is that everyone at the stable has to do the same woo-woo stuff. if someone hires the horse chiropractor and he comes and hits freckles in the back with a little mallet all the other horses have to go get tapped with a hammer or they might lose a competitive advantage in the horse dancing competition

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sagebrush posted:

back when i still had a facebook a horse girl i knew in college posted a thing about how everyone must try riding a horse someday, you simply can't understand the feeling of that power right underneath you, there's nothing like it in the world blah blah

i posted "if that's what one horsepower feels like, you should try my motorcycle, it's sixty times better!" and that was the WRONG ANSWER hoo boy. horses are apparently serious business

poor Honda, thought of gummed up carburators and died

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

https://twitter.com/SmokedLenses/status/1423663125916622854?s=20

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i sleep in a big toilet with steve jobs

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

https://twitter.com/MNateShyamalan/status/1425155194367709186

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i kinda want some red lights but just to use at night when I need to take a poo poo like in a submarine, not as a regular accent light.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Twitters stupid app prompt can eat my balls

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

please don't post my bike

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

stolen engineer valor. you don't even have an iron ring!!!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Achmed Jones posted:

back when we all used to go to the office, i had a good grip talking about what we do as "computer touching."

but now that i only talk to people for work stuff instead of BSing, that'll probably die out

this is what I say too and boy does it confuse people who work in real fields. my botanist buddy was like....so do you molest computers???

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Plank Walker posted:

i didn't care about music at all in my early teens except i considered getting the donkey kong country soundtrack from the nintendo power catalog.

then i got tony hawk pro skater and was like whoa punk and ska cool

so what i'm saying is help your kids before it's too late

yeah rotor buy them the thps remake

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i played a great deal of quake as a kid and it rules. nothing like playing a slideshow on a 28k modem

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

rotor posted:

so i played a LOT of quakeworld teamfortress and at one point flew to NY for a lan party. There were about 30 of us and we'd all been playing together for 2-3 years and someone brought something that no one else had ever seen: an actual legit installation CD for Quake that he'd purchased with real money.

lol I've definitely never seen one of those

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i ve never been particularly religious. my dad went to Catholic school where they beat it into him and right back out by the end. im not sure what he believes, he's into some fringe stuff but isn't really adamant about any of it. my mom occasionally says she wishes she took us to church growing up but she never goes herself and doesn't really have any reason for thinking that other than having a somewhat positive view of religion in general. im glad I was raised without a religion though, i went to church a few times with a friend and was weirded out enough by the people there that I didn't go back. Spiritually isn't my thing I guess

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i read about reaching nirvana a few months back because I never really knew what it was and it seemed pretty interesting.

correct me if I'm wrong because I pretty much just read a few Google results but it seems like the point is to ascend from life and stop the cycle of reincarnation to just do nothing at all? is that correct? sounds like a cool goal even if I don't really buy into reincarnation stuff.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

is it that life is inherently suffering, so by reaching nirvana you stop the cycle of rebirth and living another life? do you recommend any entry level books on the subject

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jonny 290 posted: