Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

excel is the greatest application of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lmao that sucks so bad

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
if we could do trains that were faster than cars in timelines shorter than infinity i think people would be all for them

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sapozhnik posted:

lol yeah imagine a train that could go faster than a car. trains are big and heavy! you can't make a big and heavy thing go fast! get a brain! morans

the downeaster takes 3 hours to go from portland to boston and it takes like 1.5 - 2 hours to drive.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

hmm looks like the reality is bicyclists shouldnt be in the road

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

mediaphage posted:

imo that graphic is fine. it is using maybe an extreme example but the trend is bang on. basically every single car model has increased in width over the past forty years

you get a couple of these on the road at the same time and that three foot space you’re supposed to give cyclists ata minimum just evaporates

its almost like the roads arent built for bicycles and they shouldnt be shoe-horned in where they dont belong

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lmao

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Dijkstracula posted:

When I was pandemic-adjuncting, enough students of mine genuinely didn't know about 1000 vs 1024 that I made them read about the western digital lawsuit and had to phrase assignment questions like this

are you teaching clown college? why are you asking them linux trivia?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Dijkstracula posted:

yeah the course was "unix scripting and tools", it was basically "re-do all your first year assignments but in Perl rather than Python" before I got my hands on it

ew. neither of those is good

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
nah hes an idiot talking about "web 3.0" horseshit. "We have to decentralize the internet so nobody, like, owns it maaaaan".

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
gently caress you im not watching ads

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
also if you cant make your sponsor ads entertaining im gonna skip those too

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
this tweet is how i found out G4 was relaunched a year ago

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i played trombone in high school band and i was real bad at it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lmao

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
bankruptcy speed-run followed by an epic creditor boss battle

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
that rules

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
gazizza

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah using something other than azure MFA is a red flag

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Armitag3 posted:

goblin these nuts

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lmao forever at musk not doing any discovery of twitter at all before buying it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

haveblue posted:

signing a binding agreement to buy is a weird way to have no intention of buying

yeah hes a big dummy. pump and dumping twitter stock via tweets about buying the company only works if you dont actually buy the loving company.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its good to get confirmation that the thousands of tech people twitter had did absolutely nothing

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
bezos sucks cause amazon has gone to poo poo without him browbeating everyone and keeping the marketing people in their cages

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
NERDS!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lmao his head is so loving pointy.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

rotor posted:

WE ARE FROM FRANCE

is this a coneheads reference cause i definitely read it in a conehead voice

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
glass onion was pretty meh, imo. knives out was ok. both are really buoyed by the performances

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

idk man, "the actors doing a great job was the best part of the movie" isn't exactly a damning review

the plot and the writing are extremely mediocre

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

it's funny how movies are so garbage that when something okay with good performances like knives out comes out it feels like hot poo poo

knives out is not great, but its not bad

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

rotor posted:

honestly my only beef is the braceless conditionals

same

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
can you move your head around and get stabilized eyes like a camera gimble?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

rotor posted:

the set of all big natural numbers